Hartley AGAIN

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Hartley AGAIN

Post by fleabane »

Hartley "will not be considered until the suspension is served" says Slancaster, whilst giving reasons why Hartley will not be selected for the Fiji match.

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... -world-cup

Does this mean he might join the squad later? Or is there a cut-off date? Could he be an injury replacement to keep a viable front row if necessary?
Valhalla I am coming!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

A scenario.

Dylan is retained in squad as one of 3 hookers.
Day before Fiji game, Tom Youngs gets flu or minor injury.
Youngs is replaced in squad by 4th choice hooker.
No risk of having to concede Fiji game due to lack of front row cover. But
Youngs misses rest of World Cup as he's been replaced!

What other choice did Lancaster have?

The alternative if Dylan stays is to have 4 hookers in squad and less cover somewhere else.
Spicer
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Spicer »

fleabane wrote:Hartley "will not be considered until the suspension is served" says Slancaster, whilst giving reasons why Hartley will not be selected for the Fiji match.

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-union/n ... -world-cup

Does this mean he might join the squad later? Or is there a cut-off date? Could he be an injury replacement to keep a viable front row if necessary?
From what I read on the BBC he is out completely.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Daily Wail Crusaders could be a good team for Forum members. May need it if any England players scratch their nuts absentmindedly in public or fail to help a granny across the road.

I will happily debate the issues with you all at Marcos's testimonial. Probably stood at 22 nearest the old 'clubhouse' end with Mrs G and my slightly larger son (RAF Regiment security, rugby player, who thinks the Hartley and Manu issues are both media rubbish. If it's not raining, the shirt saying 'Griffin' on the back will identify me. :smt006
Just don't ask for a drink......abstinence can offend
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

jgriffin wrote:Daily Wail Crusaders could be a good team for Forum members. May need it if any England players scratch their nuts absentmindedly in public or fail to help a granny across the road.

I will happily debate the issues with you all at Marcos's testimonial. Probably stood at 22 nearest the old 'clubhouse' end with Mrs G and my slightly larger son (RAF Regiment security, rugby player, who thinks the Hartley and Manu issues are both media rubbish. If it's not raining, the shirt saying 'Griffin' on the back will identify me. :smt006
Just don't ask for a drink......abstinence can offend.
Is it me or is this about as coherent as Sept Blatter's acceptance speech? It all seems very sour grapes to me, is it JG? Genuine question.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Only decision for England. No point having a player around the squad who can't control himself under the pressure of a match and could easily get himself off the field again (his record in high profile matches isn't wonderful after all).

If anything Manu is the loss, not the Sainted Kiwi.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Hartley will not be considered until the suspension is over is different to the reaction to Manu which is he will not be considered until after the World Cup. Clearly thugs on the pitch can serve their suspension and be considered but Manu who has been punished by a court of law is banned from the World Cup (and may I add without Lancaster knowing the full details). At least Manu can blame the influence of alcohol, but what of Hartley and Clark.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
jgriffin wrote:Daily Wail Crusaders could be a good team for Forum members. May need it if any England players scratch their nuts absentmindedly in public or fail to help a granny across the road.

Just don't ask for a drink......abstinence can offend.
Is it me or is this about as coherent as Sept Blatter's acceptance speech? It all seems very sour grapes to me, is it JG? Genuine question.
No it's not just you but the my son is bigger than your son aspect makes me laugh. :smt005
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Bonkers :smt037
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Simply that you are a bunch of prejudiced keyboard warriors who slag off Cockers OR you are good chaps (and lasses) who will happily say Hi and have a debate and a laugh if needed in person. My posts have been done with an edge of humour (especially about Chris, my eldest) and I will continue to bait the mirthless and self-serious keypunchers on here. If you can't spot a WUM, don't play.
Not bonkers, not deluded, but doing anything to wind up the pompous. :smt023
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
The Boy Dave
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by The Boy Dave »

I don't really know what all the fuss is about.
What's done is done.
We expect a bunch testosterone fueled muscle bound blokes to smash the hell out of each other week after week and then throw a wobbly when they don't behave like little angels.
None of them should've done any of it but these things can happen sometimes.
Cheery chappy
Johnnyg

Post by Johnnyg »

sapajo wrote:

Bonkers :smt037
Absolutely hilarious. Watch out for my bouncer son! He's a very big boy. Why not just go straight to meeting in the loos to see who can get highest up the wall. I think I will give it a miss.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

jgriffin wrote:Simply that you are a bunch of prejudiced keyboard warriors who slag off Cockers OR you are good chaps (and lasses) who will happily say Hi and have a debate and a laugh if needed in person. My posts have been done with an edge of humour (especially about Chris, my eldest) and I will continue to bait the mirthless and self-serious keypunchers on here. If you can't spot a WUM, don't play.
Disagree with me = Prejudiced keyboard warrior
Agree with me = Good chaps (or lasses)

Debate is is soooo simple in the wonderful world of Griffin isn't it? :smt003
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Mo Leicester

Post by Mo Leicester »

Hi all,

I have read this thread with interest. Mr Griffin - please enjoy your summer holiday - you appear to need it. Your latest post comes across as mildly threatening rather than the mildly amusing that I'm sure you intended.

I dont often agree with Mr Lancaster and I do have some sympathy with Hartley (all top players need to live on the edge of thuggery, its what the game is based on). However, England have to have 3 fit and available hookers for the world cup. Also, Hartley has got to the stage where he has become a target for every international forward to wind up to get a reaction. Consequently he has lost his place because the balance between great player and potential liability has swung the wrong way at the wrong time for him.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jgriffin wrote:Simply that you are a bunch of prejudiced keyboard warriors who slag off Cockers OR you are good chaps (and lasses) who will happily say Hi and have a debate and a laugh if needed in person. My posts have been done with an edge of humour (especially about Chris, my eldest) and I will continue to bait the mirthless and self-serious keypunchers on here. If you can't spot a WUM, don't play.
That's alright then :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity