Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Alan Dickens - Tigers lack of attack coach.

Post by Postiger2 »

Dickens not being around isn't helpful, but it goes far beyond that for me. Our attacking play has been pretty honking for a while now, or at best, less than the sum of it's parts.

Sam Vesty should have been given the job ages ago. Time to bring him home! He's done an incredible job at Saints.
PJM
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PJM »

Butwhy would Sam come home when his hard work is starting to pay off?
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

His next role will be head coach or possibly attack coach with an international side.
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

We have so many gifted players - why can’t they see that being predictable and unimaginative are aspects of their game that they have it within them to change?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Postiger2 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:27 pm Dickens not being around isn't helpful, but it goes far beyond that for me. Our attacking play has been pretty honking for a while now, or at best, less than the sum of it's parts.

Sam Vesty should have been given the job ages ago. Time to bring him home! He's done an incredible job at Saints.
Vesty is Head coach at Northampton, Dowson DOR, why would he downgrade.
Also let’s not forget a big reason for Saints success this season is a much improved defence
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

IMHO we need somebody who at least acts as an attack coach until Dickens is available. The reason for his unavailability is apparently personal, and in terms of his availability irrelevant. It is not our business nor our concern. We just need an attack coach now! Maybe his personal issue means that the length of time is unknown, therefore it is difficult to find a replacement for this unknown length of time, but we do certainly need help!

Is there anybody available for short term cover?
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

If we were to bring someone in short term, now would seem the ideal time as there is the 6 Nations period to drill some new ideas and plays into the team.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:23 am
Postiger2 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:27 pm Dickens not being around isn't helpful, but it goes far beyond that for me. Our attacking play has been pretty honking for a while now, or at best, less than the sum of it's parts.

Vesty is Head coach at Northampton, Dowson DOR, why would he downgrade.
Also let’s not forget a big reason for Saints success this season is a much improved defence
Lee Radford (ex Rugby League) is their defence coach.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

GB72 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:35 am If we were to bring someone in short term, now would seem the ideal time as there is the 6 Nations period to drill some new ideas and plays into the team.
Get through the next 10 days - Leinster (H), Quins (A) .........not sure a backs coach would have any real impact in 10 days.

Next meaningful 1st match is the Premiership League game at home to Gloucester on Friday 22nd March 2024.

Premiership Cup will be directed with the development coaches.

Given the clubs finances and the fact that the situation is being kept private (as it should be) not sure there will be any replacement until circumstances are confirmed, either a return or an amicable agreement to part ways. Just have to sit back and wait for any news.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
PeteK
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PeteK »

I thought Wiggy was also stepping down from England? thats gone all a bit quiet, as id have him back.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

PeteK wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:05 am I thought Wiggy was also stepping down from England? thats gone all a bit quiet, as id have him back.
I was just about to say that he is Munster coach, but I know what you mean now. ;)

Was there not something about him staying on until July, then he will stop, or was that Sinfield?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Pellsey wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:07 am
PeteK wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:05 am I thought Wiggy was also stepping down from England? thats gone all a bit quiet, as id have him back.
I was just about to say that he is Munster coach, but I know what you mean now. ;)

Was there not something about him staying on until July, then he will stop, or was that Sinfield?
Sinfield stepping down after Summer tours. There hasn’t been much mention of Wigglesworth in recent dispatches
PeteK
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PeteK »

Pellsey wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:07 am

I knew someone would of... :smt005
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Rowntree is having a rather impressive time at Munster, you wonder if he was on the conversation when Borthwick left.

As for a backs coach, Carwyn James would struggle with players that can't do the basics of catch & pass. Less time in the gym more on the pitch might be a rather simplistic answer.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
CrumblingTerrace
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

Tigerbeat wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:05 am Premiership Cup will be directed with the development coaches.
Our development coach is our attack coach!