Saracens (Away) - Saturday 05th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Re: Saracens (Away) - Saturday 05th March 2022 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Old Hob »

Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:31 pm Borths doesn't look into the future, he plays every game in blocks of one. He will approach this with the strongest 23 possible to try and win the game
I hope so. As I said elsewhere, this is possibly a rehearsal for the final.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:51 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:31 pm Borths doesn't look into the future, he plays every game in blocks of one. He will approach this with the strongest 23 possible to try and win the game
I'm sure he does look ahead. He says things like that because he doesn't want his players to look too far ahead.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:51 pm
It’s also a ‘double’ pointer as it’s a chance to pick up 4 or 5 points and deny them 4 or 5 so could be a big points swing either way
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Hard to say it’s a potential rehearsal when between the two teams we are likely to see 10+ starters missing.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Hard to look ahead in rugby tbf. You cant legislate for injuries,yellow cards,red cards and suspensions,injuries to your international players etc. One game at a time is always the best way to go,try to win every game and pick the 23 you think will do it.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

ay2oh wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 am Don’t think Steve will play Nadolo on the plastic pitch
He's had 2 poor games on the trot, we will need our fastest wingers on that pitch, so Ashton and Potter for me. I'm wondering about Nadolo's future, should we be keeping him, I'm not too sure about it. :smt017
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:21 pm
ay2oh wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 am Don’t think Steve will play Nadolo on the plastic pitch
He's had 2 poor games on the trot, we will need our fastest wingers on that pitch, so Ashton and Potter for me. I'm wondering about Nadolo's future, should we be keeping him, I'm not too sure about it. :smt017
He's signed on for next season. Why would you not keep him on?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:28 pm
Yes I am aware of that, I suppose I'm questioning the wisdom of that, great player he has been, I'm thinking he is showing his age and certainly not the player we originally signed, especially with possibly signing Ashton who showed some good form yesterday.
I Think forum needs to forget my post, its just my opinion.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:38 pm

Yes I am aware of that, I suppose I'm questioning the wisdom of that, great player he has been, I'm thinking he is showing his age and certainly not the player we originally signed, especially with possibly signing Ashton who showed some good form yesterday.
No it’s a valid question, and if Borthwick is true to his word, and he normally is, if others are performing better on the training paddock they will be selected
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

LE18 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:38 pm

Didn't mean to be so dismissive, apologies.

I'm sure if Nemzy feels like he can't contribute in the way he wants them he will take it out of the clubs hands.

Two bad games doesn't mean he's done, but I think we will know more in the run in. Also, as the tracks harden up we may see more of him.

He looked genuinely frustrated and disappointed as he came off yesterday. I also don't think we've looked to use him much as either a direct runner or decoy in either of the last two games.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Like some others I’m not even thinking about the semis let alone final: there’s still the outcome of the investigation to come so let’s enjoy winning as many as we can.
So, Saracens:I will be there: I’m probably one of very few a Tigers’ fans who really likes their ground, enjoy talking to their fans and have always admired the way Sarries’ players( despite the salary episode) have been coached. Just bring it on and hope we can scrape a win.

As for the other teams London Irish probably look the most dangerous though Exeter will come strong and it was a very good win for them v Saints( though I thought Saints were typically naive in their play when well ahead in the second half).
Quins have the confidence of last year to beat any team on the day!
Overall I still think Saracens will be the team most likely to win the final especially as they will most likely target one competition!
What is puzzlingly is how empty some grounds have looked this weekend: internationals to blame, poor marketing, who knows!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:28 pm
tigerburnie wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:16 pm
ay2oh wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:57 am We can afford to lose this one so would be tempted to rest a few to avoid injuries on the plastic pitch.
Whilst I understand the pitch concerns, I want us to hand their backsides on a plate, we need to win this one just as much as any other.
That isn’t going to happen they are still a decent side. Long term planning and performance more important
Tigers are a better side, it's why they are playing catch up trying to catch us.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I still believe a fully loaded Sarries side are better than us,just.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
glenn

Post by glenn »

[quote=Scott1 post_id=810804 time=1645996525 user_id=11569]
I still believe a fully loaded Sarries side are better than us,just.
[/quote]

Can't argue with that. Player for player, when like for like is on paper, they have the edge.

I know we all want to be in the final. But think back to this time last year, most of us would be happy to be top 4/6 . To be there at the end of the season is a huge swing and massive turn about for The squad. I'm happy with my team playing well. I'm overjoyed at our form and blown away to be top of the league
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

glenn wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:15 am
Scott1 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:15 pm I still believe a fully loaded Sarries side are better than us,just.
Can't argue with that. Player for player, when like for like is on paper, they have the edge.

I know we all want to be in the final. But think back to this time last year, most of us would be happy to be top 4/6 . To be there at the end of the season is a huge swing and massive turn about for The squad. I'm happy with my team playing well. I'm overjoyed at our form and blown away to be top of the league
Agreed, Sarries just have that bit (quite a lot) more experience at the business end of competitions. At the start of the season my idea of success was probably a top 4 finish, with 5th/6th being ok as long as it looked like we were progressing on the pitch. It will obviously now be disappointing if we don't make it to a final, but bearing in mind where we were, anything better than a full on England-cricket-style collapse from here would still equal an exceptionally successful season, and I'm confident we will be even stronger next season.