Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: England vs USA

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm
TigerBoy1880 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:16 pm Ok. You clearly just don’t like Youngs. Fair enough.

It’s interesting how you have only commented on his errors and not others. Ford made a couple of passes which weren’t too good.

Genge conceded a penalty.

Other players made errors too but it’s only Youngs you commented on.
I just think he slows the game down way too much. You can get away with it at this level because the second tiers linespeed, alignment and getting back into position is a touch slower but at the highest level that split second is the difference between winning and losing.
Are you talking about Youngs or Genge now?

I’m confused
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Yeah,id really be talking about Genge if I was mentioning linespeed and defensive alignment 🤦
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Daley may have a good boot but I have had doubts about his rugby brain. Yes should have kicked the ball into row Z after the buzzer/gong. Unless EJ has given an instruction to play till the death. Me I'd have kicked to touch - Game won - Nil the opposition-reduce the risk of injury.

Mike Brown has a rugby brain - Slade is flakey at times defensively - so who else?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I would play Watson at fb with May and cocasignia on the wings. :smt017
A2O
Truefollower
Tiger Cub

Post by Truefollower »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:05 pm Youngs was poor! Passing was off,waits till both hands are on the ball too before scanning the field and dilly dallied at the BD as well getting turned over which led to the sequence of events which led to their try.
Scott 1 you only ever comment as a negative and always miss the good stuff, I guess your a glass half empty type of guy. watch the game again with a positive aspect and then comment. :smt022
TigerBoy1880
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerBoy1880 »

Scott1 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:23 pm Yeah,id really be talking about Genge if I was mentioning linespeed and defensive alignment 🤦
My reply disappeared for some reason.

I got confused as you mentioned Ellis. Unless you mean Harry Ellis?
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Youngs was ok but England tried to push pass which meant the ball went to the floor a lot. I thought at least Youngs was energetic but made some stupid errors, not least the pass to Sinckler.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

Interesting game, up another gear from Tonga.
Agree with other comments about Daley, and I think it was only that they fancied going off the 50 points that the ball was alive. The question is does Eddie change his preferred back 3 now. Nowell has to be given some game time before the knockouts, otherwise why take him, but I would agree that at the moment May Cocasignia and Watson look strongest.
Elsewhere in the backs Francis useless, Eddie is maybe regretting not taking another 10 if Farrell is to play 12, Joseph was ok is still behind Slade and Manu for me.
Ford is now just about undroppable and I would say his captaincy is better than Farrell too.
Heinz was good, Young’s picked it up a notch when he came on, couple of dropping passes, maybe poor technique with a slippery ball, but made some nice snipes and a couple of decent box kicks
Up front all pretty positive. Not sure what is going to happen with Mako, like Nowell he is going to need game time, but I would really like Eddie to stick with Marler and Cole to start against Argentina and the bring the Mitchell brothers off the bench.
2nd row either Kruis or Lawes to start with Itoje, IMO Launchbury is a bit behind them.
Back row Billy at 8 Curry just gets better, and I would imagine Underhill, though Ludlam is a real bolter, Wilson looks a bit under cooked.
Side is definitely there to do the job against Argentina, after a decent 9 day break then they are through to the quarters
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Wilson was very good off the bench today in my view, Ludlam is becoming one of my favourite players until of course he resumes in a Saints shirt.

Also bravo Mark on the Mitchell brothers analogy, class :smt038
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Daly is or was a great left winger but a fullback he is not, let’s pray it’ll not be England’s undoing.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

As has been discussed before, when Ben broke into the Tigers 1st XV and then England he was fast to the breakdown, fast and accurate pass, fast off the base and sniped around the base of the scrum. These were the strengths that propelled him forward in his carreer but alas I do not know why they are seldom to the fore.That said, I think he is still a more complete 9 than Heinze and his box kicking for England is much improved.
Last edited by sapajo on Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:34 pm Daly is or was a great left winger but a fullback he is not, let’s pray it’ll not be England’s undoing.
Again good point maybe him at 11 May at 14 and Watson at 15
Mark62
Super User
Super User

Post by Mark62 »

JP14 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:33 pm Wilson was very good off the bench today in my view, Ludlam is becoming one of my favourite players until of course he resumes in a Saints shirt.

Also bravo Mark on the Mitchell brothers analogy, class :smt038
Can’t take credit I’m afraid I think it was Marler who first named them that
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

JP14 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:34 pm Daly is or was a great left winger but a fullback he is not, let’s pray it’ll not be England’s undoing.
He does not even come close to making a tackle.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Be wary, remember Watson at 15 in the 2018 Six Nations!