Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: Saints v Tigers

Post by JP14 »

Chobbsy wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:25 pm
Smudger67S wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 pm Even a losing bonus point is beyond Tigers. Am I wrong or am I realistic?
Emotions and history put to one side, can anyone on this forum hope or expect a Tigers win?? Let’s be realistic here folks.
I agree, as I said on another topic, it could be embarrassing plus we don't even seem to have 2 fit centres now that Owen went off injured yesterday
Worth? Hardwick? Tuilagi should be back too.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I think this’ll be the team:

1 Bateman
2 OTY/McMillan
3 Cole
4 Williams
5 Kitchener/Wells
6 Denton
7 Thompson
8 Kalamafoni
9 Youngs
10 Ford
11 May
12 Eastmond
13 Tuilagi
14 Thompstone
15 Vieanu
16 McMillan/Kerr
17 Fe’ao
18 Heyes
19 Wells/Lewis
20 Mapapalangi
21 Harrison
22 Hardwick
23 Olowofela
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Is George Worth injured at the moment?
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

JP14 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:45 pm
Chobbsy wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:25 pm
Smudger67S wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:45 pm Even a losing bonus point is beyond Tigers. Am I wrong or am I realistic?
Emotions and history put to one side, can anyone on this forum hope or expect a Tigers win?? Let’s be realistic here folks.
I agree, as I said on another topic, it could be embarrassing plus we don't even seem to have 2 fit centres now that Owen went off injured yesterday
Worth? Hardwick? Tuilagi should be back too.
OK proven and announced fit centres
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Smudger67S wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:33 pm Based on form, based on Saints scoring 6 tries away from home, based on Tigers managing 1 try at home vs Sale scoring 3.
Realistically what could Tigers get from this emotional match vs Saints?
Another reality check!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Have always seen the Saints v Tigers games as one-offs regardless of form, and this one is even more poignant. Twickenham is always special as well.

As such, this is a 50:50 call ( as it is most seasons). Think the best thing to do is concentrate on enjoying the pre and post match banter and drinks with our midland neighbours in the ‘old smoke’ and take any positive result on the field as a bonus!
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:50 pm Have always seen the Saints v Tigers games as one-offs regardless of form, and this one is even more poignant. Twickenham is always special as well.

As such, this is a 50:50 call ( as it is most seasons). Think the best thing to do is concentrate on enjoying the pre and post match banter and drinks with our midland neighbours in the ‘old smoke’ and take any positive result on the field as a bonus!
Agree 100% although I must profeas to some confusion given your Forum name
As Good As It Gets
Coops
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Coops »

Saints may be forced to make changes for Tigers clash

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/spor ... -1-8652121
Although Saints don't appear to have suffered any serious injuries, the likes of Piers Francis, Courtney Lawes, Dan Biggar and Luther Burrell all took knocks.
Might just be a bit of jestering though.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:16 pm Is George Worth injured at the moment?
He's missed the last couple of A league games so I think he must be. Shame because he's a great utility back to be able to rotate in. Owolofela was under a lot of pressure at the weekend with not a lot of support and isolated he wasn't great under the high ball. Be nice to rotate in Worth who's a more physical option if TV is still not available.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Coops wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:20 pm Saints may be forced to make changes for Tigers clash

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/spor ... -1-8652121
Although Saints don't appear to have suffered any serious injuries, the likes of Piers Francis, Courtney Lawes, Dan Biggar and Luther Burrell all took knocks.
Might just be a bit of jestering though.
[/quote

I hope they're all missing. We need all the help we can get!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

sam16111986 wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:54 pm
Leicestertinytiger wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:16 pm Is George Worth injured at the moment?
He's missed the last couple of A league games so I think he must be.
He missed the A league match away at Newcastle but played in the previous 2 matches, Saints and Wuss at Loughborough. He took a knock in the second match on 10th Sep Vs Worcester Cavaliers, seemed to be caught awkwardly in/after a tackle by a Wuss player, looked hurt, hobbled about a bit but carried on playing trying 'run it off' maybe. He was taken off at halftime IIRC and was sat on the bench in the 2nd half with strapping / ice on his leg (front and rear) - can't recall now if it was lower/upper leg but for some reason specifically the knee is ringing a bell - and he looked in quite a bit of discomfort.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45495

Comment from the night of the A league match on linked thread - it was his left knee strapped/iced.
Last edited by WhitecapTiger on Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Scuttle wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:02 pm
aslongaswebeatsaints wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:50 pm Have always seen the Saints v Tigers games as one-offs regardless of form, and this one is even more poignant. Twickenham is always special as well.

Agree 100% although I must profeas to some confusion given your Forum name
Couldn’t think of anything more imaginative when I signed up 👍
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

Worth was in the warm up.
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

Twickers - a much wider pitch.
Therefore I think our defence will be sorely tested.
On the positive I hope Ford, May and Eastmond will have room to work their magic.
Putting that aside ITS A DERBY DAY----BRAGGING RIGHTS... pain of last season needs putting to bed.

Come on you Tigers :smt114
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Who is the ref? do we know yet?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too