Did the timings of today's matches affect the semifinals?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

chris111
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Did the timings of today's matches affect the semifinals

Post by chris111 »

h's dad wrote:
chris111 wrote: *sorry, hate to say it, but this year the table doesn't lie :smt022
A number of posters on here must be thinking they're looking at the table upside down as Tigers could not possibly be in the top half.

With just about everything that could go wrong going wrong this season, fourth is a pretty decent performance. Hopefully Tigers can now get their act together and get back to where they belong.
Well - since you are quoting me....I totally agree that 4th is a good performance given the season we've had!

However, I also think 18 points behind Wasps and Exeter is a pretty good reflection of where we stand. In a one-off game, of course we've got reason to be optimistic of getting a result...and Wasps are definitely the most vulnerable of the top 3. Measured over the course of a season, there's a considerable quality/consistency gap to close.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

chris111 wrote:
h's dad wrote:
chris111 wrote: *sorry, hate to say it, but this year the table doesn't lie :smt022
A number of posters on here must be thinking they're looking at the table upside down as Tigers could not possibly be in the top half.

With just about everything that could go wrong going wrong this season, fourth is a pretty decent performance. Hopefully Tigers can now get their act together and get back to where they belong.
Well - since you are quoting me....I totally agree that 4th is a good performance given the season we've had!

However, I also think 18 points behind Wasps and Exeter is a pretty good reflection of where we stand. In a one-off game, of course we've got reason to be optimistic of getting a result...and Wasps are definitely the most vulnerable of the top 3. Measured over the course of a season, there's a considerable quality/consistency gap to close.
Yes, 18 points behind is a good reflection of where we are over the whole season. Which is pretty irrelevant now. Tigers have improved recently and Wasps are not at the peak that they were. I'm not saying that Tigers have overtaken Wasps, just that having qualified for the play-offs, the difference in match points is not important, current form is. Wasps finished 18 points behind Gloucester in 2003 and stuffed them in the final.
h's dad
Super User
Super User

Post by h's dad »

chris111 wrote:
h's dad wrote:

Agreed. Looking for positives I note that since the start of February, Tigers have won more games than Wasps.
I am neither clever enough to understand nor stupid enough to play this game
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

18pts is a fair reflection. If we'd beaten each of them, or even just two of them, at home we'd have been mixing it up with them give or take a point here or there.
dunks43

Post by dunks43 »

strawclearer wrote:I heard the decision to delay was taken by a third party on the grounds of public safety. Can't corroborate but, if true, safety must take priority.
Spoke to a wasps season ticket holder... His view was.. he didn't see any droves of fans going in the ground after 4pm, as most were already seated as usuall
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

strawclearer wrote:I heard the decision to delay was taken by a third party on the grounds of public safety. Can't corroborate but, if true, safety must take priority.
Of course, if a Wasps representative came to such an independent officer with a concern about safely and that concern was ignored and something subsequently happened...
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

It worked out well for us, so I won't complain too loudly.

But it DID give Wasps an unfair advantage. They knew what they needed to do to finish top. Rather than close the game out they had to attack for the bonus point. I'm not buying that nobody told them that before the end of the game.

Safety first of course, but from someone I know who was there, the inability to predict lots of people arriving from London and only having three shuttle buses is ridiculous. If you can't manage a 30,000 crowd then you're doing something wrong. They ought to be fined - they are responsible for the late kick off.