Return from the dark side.

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Return from the dark side.

Post by Bunchy »

vin rouge wrote:Can someone explain why Gibson was such a bad apple please, I know Slater said some things but do we know he meant Gibson, and do we know specifics?
Can't reveal sources, but a few players share the same view. He wanted the club to adapt to his wants and change to suit him - not prepared to buy into the philosophy.....
Less is more....
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

mol2 wrote:I agree Cole was the better player but playing Cole to exhaustion in an era where most sides are changing their front row during the game and restricting Castro to cameos wasn't good player management.
IIRC for a couple of seasons, when both were available, one would start and get around 60 minutes and was then replaced by the other. Initially Castor started, then Cole had protracted contract negotiations and then he was the starter. Castro didn't like playing second fiddle and ended up leaving. I certainly don't remember Cole being regularly "exhausted".
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Cagey Tiger wrote:
mol2 wrote:I agree Cole was the better player but playing Cole to exhaustion in an era where most sides are changing their front row during the game and restricting Castro to cameos wasn't good player management.
IIRC for a couple of seasons, when both were available, one would start and get around 60 minutes and was then replaced by the other. Initially Castor started, then Cole had protracted contract negotiations and then he was the starter. Castro didn't like playing second fiddle and ended up leaving. I certainly don't remember Cole being regularly "exhausted".
+1,how I remember it too. It's more since Castro has gone that Coley has played longer time.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
Cagey Tiger wrote:
+1,how I remember it too. It's more since Castro has gone that Coley has played longer time.
I remembered after my original post that it stood out because we regularly didn't bring on subs until late or not at all. This limited use of the bench led to a lot of moans on here about not developing players.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

I was pleased to see Balmain get a lengthier than normal trundle on Sunday. He carried well I thought and the scrum didn't seem affected.