Birthday Messages

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Birthday Messages

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote:I've never put anything up on the board. I just assumed there was a charge though. Why wouldn't there be...?

Something else that people feel the need to moan about, something else to showcase the sense of entitlement people have.
I've never put anything up on the board either. I assumed there would not be a charge as it doesn't take much to do and helps improve the community feel.

As for your second paragraph, a very sweeping generalisation and in relation to me, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. I rarely moan about the club or team and I don't have a sense of entitlement. As I said before, I don't think it is good PR. Smacks of the Ryanair philosophy - how many different ways can we screw the punters.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Do you genuinely think no other sports team charges for scoreboard announcements? If they didn't, nothing else would go on the board all game but for birthdays.

Maybe newspapers shouldn't charge for classified adverts or birthday wishes? Same logic.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

Iain wrote:Do you genuinely think no other sports team charges for scoreboard announcements? If they didn't, nothing else would go on the board all game but for birthdays.

Maybe newspapers shouldn't charge for classified adverts or birthday wishes? Same logic.
Firstly, the announcements are not displayed/announced during the game.

Secondly, I have no idea what other clubs do. It doesn't change my opinion about it not being good PR.

Thirdly, newspapers are not the same logic. Newspapers business model is to disseminate information to a paying public. It is therefore reasonable to charge anyone who wishes to use the newspaper to disseminate information, be they advertisers, announcements or whatever. Announcements at sports matches are rarely about disseminating information to the crowd, more about making the subject of the announcement (usually a child on their birthday) feel special.

And not all newspapers charge for announcements or adverts, subject to limitations on size and no guarantee of publication.