Tigers Vs. Irish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers Vs. Irish

Post by tigerburnie »

Not a shabby looking side considering the injury list, quietly confident of a good win here.

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrrrsssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
MrPartridge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MrPartridge »

I think we have the edge in the pack so that should see us OK. They have some dangerous players though so we need to be mindful of that… play like we did against Quins and we'll struggle. Then again, I watched Irish against Sarries on the opening day and they were awful. I fancy us by 10-15 points tomorrow but not entirely convinced of the bonus-point…

As for Crane ahead of TTTE etc… I'm not going to judge too much on that. Next 4 games after today are crucial to our season with tomorrow arguably the easiest of the lot… so I assume RC and the coaches will be rotating the squad from now until Christmas… I expect the RC to pick what he believes is our best (available) XV against Montpellier at WR in a few week….
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

As strong a side as we can cobble together.
It is a game we should win, but I don't think it will be by much.

Three 'old boys' in each squad adds to the interest. Just hope that Skivs doesn't have too good a game.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Read one of the team lists posted on here far too quickly and exploded "What the hell is Smithy doing at tight head!"

As an ex forward I would have listed 1 to 15........and read 13 as 3?? Ah well. Back to school big fellah.

Can't see us winning this one. Injuries have cost us soooo dear. Still we live in hope of a Remy or two.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

DCATsOLDMAN wrote:Ed Slater has a chipped bone in his wrist and is out until "next month".

Reported earlier this week in the Merc and repeated today in their report on his signing a new contract.
That must have been one hell of a pen he used. :smt023
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

GS wrote:
DCATsOLDMAN wrote:Ed Slater has a chipped bone in his wrist and is out until "next month".

Reported earlier this week in the Merc and repeated today in their report on his signing a new contract.
That must have been one hell of a pen he used. :smt023
:smt023
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It would have been nice to rest Cole but the rest of the England boys should be well rested and eager for game time.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

MrPartridge wrote:Then again, I watched Irish against Sarries on the opening day and they were awful. I fancy us by 10-15 points tomorrow but not entirely convinced of the bonus-point…
I watched them on TV against Northampton at the Madejski stadium a couple of weeks ago and they were a completely different proposition to the team that started the season.

Tough game tomorrow, hope I'm wrong. Hopefully we'll come out on the right end of the result.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

At least the back row is better balanced this week, personally I would picl TTE over Crane, but the Tank isn't a great car washer........

One things for cetain, kick badly against there back 3 & it could be a long afternoon & with that selection I would suggest they are not coming to defend!!

Anything other than a win would be disapointing, we should be looking at 5 points even with the people missing.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:At least the back row is better balanced this week, personally I would picl TTE over Crane, but the Tank isn't a great car washer........

One things for cetain, kick badly against there back 3 & it could be a long afternoon & with that selection I would suggest they are not coming to defend!!

Anything other than a win would be disapointing, we should be looking at 5 points even with the people missing.
Based on latest form 5 points would be a dream result. I somehow feel the tigers will struggle against a pacey LI back line
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lis113 »

Is the game being televised at all today?
Mafi is my man.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Lis113 wrote:Is the game being televised at all today?
no its Saints-Falcons
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

10-6 to Tigers at half time, penalty try for us, sounds a bit tight.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

18-6 another penalty try and a yellow for Yapp.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

do we know what Smith's injury is?