Niki out for 4-6 weeks?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: Niki out for 4-6 weeks?

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

given the sheer amount of injuries at Leicester Tigers at the moment, when will questions begin to be asked about the medical management of the players during training? this many injuries is too many to be just coincidence or just bad luck
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Croft, Manu, Allen and Goneva were injured in games. Smith, Tait, Mafi were all recovering from treatment.

Just unfortunate in my opinion
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Tigerbeat wrote:Croft, Manu, Allen and Goneva were injured in games. Smith, Tait, Mafi were all recovering from treatment.

Croft was an injury that can happen anywhere, Manu's was a freak not sure what Mafi's is but Goneva, Hamilton and others are soft tissue injuries, when a club consistently has large numbers out injured as Tigers do you need to look at EVERYTHING and not just put it down to bad luck
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote:Croft, Manu, Allen and Goneva were injured in games. Smith, Tait, Mafi were all recovering from treatment.

Strange when you consider Tigers were heralding their much vaunted injury prediction software. I would revist this software rapidly as we must have the worst current injury rate in the premiership furthermore it was not much better last season. :smt017
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

sapajo wrote:

Strange when you consider Tigers were heralding their much vaunted injury prediction software. I would revist this software rapidly as we must have the worst current injury rate in the premiership furthermore it was not much better last season. :smt017
It would be worth looking at the physicality of our training. Martin Crowson tweeted only one of the injuries happened in training but that is at best an oversight - injuries in matches can be caused or prevented by the right preparation of different body parts in the week.

Whilst it is fairly well known in the premiership that our S and C is streets ahead of most it may be something it is worth them looking at. Things like breaks you can't account for in any kind of meanigful way - same for things like compartment syndrome (but Allen is lucky that it was picked up so early). On the flipside you can help prepare soft tissue damage - something which the S and C coaches are very good at - but that isn't accounting for luck (example being the Lions tour where there was a seeming blight of hamstring injuries to key players yet the S and C coaches were of the hgihest proven standards).

You have to put it down to mostly luck - but a review of how we train etc is maybe required - it tends to be this part of the season where we struggle rather than any other stage.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

kornboy130 wrote:Whilst it is fairly well known in the premiership that our S and C is streets ahead of most it may be something it is worth them looking at. Things like breaks you can't account for in any kind of meanigful way - same for things like compartment syndrome (but Allen is lucky that it was picked up so early). On the flipside you can help prepare soft tissue damage - something which the S and C coaches are very good at - but that isn't accounting for luck (example being the Lions tour where there was a seeming blight of hamstring injuries to key players yet the S and C coaches were of the hgihest proven standards).

You have to put it down to mostly luck - but a review of how we train etc is maybe required - it tends to be this part of the season where we struggle rather than any other stage.
what's an S&C coach?
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:
kornboy130 wrote:Whilst it is fairly well known in the premiership that our S and C is streets ahead of most it may be something it is worth them looking at. Things like breaks you can't account for in any kind of meanigful way - same for things like compartment syndrome (but Allen is lucky that it was picked up so early). On the flipside you can help prepare soft tissue damage - something which the S and C coaches are very good at - but that isn't accounting for luck (example being the Lions tour where there was a seeming blight of hamstring injuries to key players yet the S and C coaches were of the hgihest proven standards).

what's an S&C coach?

Strength and Conditioning?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

kornboy130 wrote:
sapajo wrote:

It would be worth looking at the physicality of our training. Martin Crowson tweeted only one of the injuries happened in training but that is at best an oversight - injuries in matches can be caused or prevented by the right preparation of different body parts in the week.

Whilst it is fairly well known in the premiership that our S and C is streets ahead of most it may be something it is worth them looking at. Things like breaks you can't account for in any kind of meanigful way - same for things like compartment syndrome (but Allen is lucky that it was picked up so early). On the flipside you can help prepare soft tissue damage - something which the S and C coaches are very good at - but that isn't accounting for luck (example being the Lions tour where there was a seeming blight of hamstring injuries to key players yet the S and C coaches were of the hgihest proven standards).

I am stuggling to remember whether we have not had the same sort of problem every sesaon at this time of year for the last 6-7 seasons. It has certainly happened for most of them. While other clubs do go through similar (Quins now for example), I'm not usre anyone gets as many as we do and certainly not as often.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Tiger_in_Birmingham wrote:

what's an S&C coach?

Apologies - It's Strength and Conditioning as Sapajo mentioned.

It's something of a hobby/interest of mine so I forgot to expand the acronym.