Cockerill's future

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Cockerill's future

Post by WiggoTiger »

Hasn't all this been discuused on this thread http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/vi ... =1&t=33669 ?? :smt017 :smt017
Why a new thread??
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

PAW wrote:Perfectly clear Cockers cant win
:smt017
Exactly! This is why it is time for him to go!!!

:smt023 :smt023 :smt023
Still keeping the faith!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Same old, same old. We hit a rough patch in form, everyone is out and everyone should be fired. Happens every season.

I'd be very surprised if there wasn't an up turn in form that goes without many slating anything and everything actually putting their hands up and saying they were wrong.
thebearisstilldeano
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by thebearisstilldeano »

Two old Chinese proverbs.
1) May you live in interesting times
2) Beware that which you wish for.

3) oh yes and a 48 with Fried rice
I used to sit near a stalker and we want him back "kick for the corner!!!!"
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

What point exactly is there in changing the coaching team now, mid season.
The players will remain the same
With the appointment of two great new coaches the players would remain the same, but would begin to perform much better, in fact they should perform much closer to their undoubted potential.

Lancaster, Rowntree and Ford might just be what we need. Up-to-date coaching with a positive, attacking attitude.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

I find Cocker's comments about Billy most worrying. Whether or not the guy is leaving the fact is we are going to rely heavily on him during the 6N's. What does it achieve questioning his attidude in public. He may or may not have a point but if we want the guy to play for the next few months surely it would be better to just keep quiet or put out some rubbish about how you are sure he will give his all for the rest of the season, etc.
The other thing that worries me is the line trotted out after every poor performance -" look, they are a good side, we will work hard in training this week.". Guess what, these days every team works hard in training, that is a given. Where the top coaches earn their corn is the (in popular parlance) top two inches. How often have we come up with a new game plan to deal with a particular side? How often are we shocked by the way a certain ref deals with things? This lack of inventiveness is a real concern. Look at two footy Managers - Wenger has his vision at Arsenal and despite what everyone can see he never diverts from it. Meanwhile Ferguson forever changes things, does the unexpected and collects trophies.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

It's OK to be privately peeved, but to be publicly peevish is counter-productive and small-minded. Agreed - what a daft thing to say publicly. Compare with Mallinder, who has been well shafted and ill-used by Ashton. He has tried to stay calm and positive in the main.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

jgriffin wrote:It's OK to be privately peeved, but to be publicly peevish is counter-productive and small-minded. Agreed - what a daft thing to say publicly. Compare with Mallinder, who has been well shafted and ill-used by Ashton. He has tried to stay calm and positive in the main.
Doesn't that sum up Cockers way this season? A real shame and the club again falling to low levels again! :smt012
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

jgriffin wrote:It's OK to be privately peeved, but to be publicly peevish is counter-productive and small-minded. Agreed - what a daft thing to say publicly. Compare with Mallinder, who has been well shafted and ill-used by Ashton. He has tried to stay calm and positive in the main.
Very well put indeed.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I find the last few posts a bit of a contradiction. People were moaning that Cockers doesnt come out and say how things really are, and when he does people criticise him. As one poster put, the guy just cant win.
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Just a snippet from the past:

Loffreda got sacked from his job as Head Coach at Leicester on the 6th June 2008, after just one season at the club. Although reaching two finals (EDF energy and Guinness premiership) he was sacked due to poor results. Leicester only just reached the premiership playoffs and Heineken Cup qualification, from a club of this standard this was seen as unacceptable.

Double Standards?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

TigerCam wrote:Just a snippet from the past:

Loffreda got sacked from his job as Head Coach at Leicester on the 6th June 2008, after just one season at the club. Although reaching two finals (EDF energy and Guinness premiership) he was sacked due to poor results. Leicester only just reached the premiership playoffs and Heineken Cup qualification, from a club of this standard this was seen as unacceptable.

Double Standards?

Loffreda came after the world Cup and he did not get the results that the Club expected.

Cockerill has got Tigers to the last 3 Finals, Heineken Cup final, top try scorers last season but has had a poor season by previous standards.
Circumstances have not always been in his favour (World Cup and injuries)
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Tigerbeat wrote:[Loffreda came after the world Cup and he did not get the results that the Club expected.

Cockerill has got Tigers to the last 3 Finals, Heineken Cup final, top try scorers last season but has had a poor season by previous standards.
Circumstances have not always been in his favour (World Cup and injuries)
So despite enjoying continuity from previous seasons (and serving under Loffreda and Meyer) and hence having time to prepare for it, under Cockers in a post World Cup Season we have performed worse than we did under Loffreda.

Ergo?
Still keeping the faith!
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I find Cocker's comments about Billy most worrying
I guess he knows it will be the final nail ......

Tuesday will be a good time for an announcement, with no Premiership home match for a month afterwards.
M#1OGGBYFC

Post by M#1OGGBYFC »

Five words, "Time for some fresh eyes" me thinks. As i think its :smt721 now for Cockers.
Official Member Of The Youngsy Fan Club
Oh dont U come prepared!" Tom Youngs
Shhh! F- off! BenYoungs :-0 My mommy didnt like that & told me off 4 bein a naughty boy! ROFL

Looking forward to Toms return. :)