Your man of the match?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

I think Shane Jennings deserved MOTM - but pleased for Martin Corry all the same.
Brilliant match and the best team won WOOHOO!

I can feel it in my waters, that Tigers will win the HC again - and my waters are NEVER wrong.
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Too difficult to call. Goode played out of his skin as I knew he would.

But I rest with the official decision - Captain Cozza,

Great performance and great leadership!!
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Goode had a stormer under real pressure from all the doubters. Did you hear the radio interview after the game? He knows people think he is not quite the complete package. Well he was to day. One of his best ever games. COngrats.

Corry Awsome leader and number 8. How many times didi he break the gain line immense. So pleased ofr a geniune man who has lived in teh shadow of the Englnad World Cup Winners ofr too long and then had all that heartache with England.

Jennings very good supporting the attacking player. Good ball stealer and that try made up for his missed tackle that let the Scarlet take the lead.

Generally though it felt a complete team effort. No one person really outshining the others. Solid commited defence won the day. Everyone did there job.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

Probably not quite worthy of its own post: I think this write up is the best I've read thus far, amkes many a good point, and ahs Jennigns as MOTM.

http://www.super14.com/news/viewarticle.asp?id=3441
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Yelphere wrote:Toss up between Goode and Jennings. Whoever picked Cozza was at a different match to the rest of us.
Clearly I was at a different match to you.

Could easily have gone to Corry, Goode or Jennings ..... or even a collective 'front 5'. Deacon and Kay both played well, and the front row were far more effective than I feared would be the case. Terrific team effort today.
special t
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by special t »

So Hipkiss, Goode, Ellis, Corry, 'the front five' and Jennings have all been suggested...which just demonstrates how good the team played. Personally, Goode for me...due to points scored and pressure on him beforehand...points are crucial to winning a game!Although, thought Ellis did well with his forwards and getting them moving - 9 always has an under rated contribution in this sense.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

As I haven't got Sky anymore after the Waspies game does anyone know if their will be a highlights programme on both games on a terrestial channel at all.
Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Moose »

I must confess i'd 'forgotten' Kay...played like a human battering ram for the time he was on the pitch...seems a lot of our lads are coming into some good form...handy timing or what?
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

MotM?

AG, he was brilliant and proved, at last, that he can throw a flat pass!! :)
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Tim Stimpson said Andy Goode would be man of the match and I think he was right.

He nearly got the score right as well. He predicted 33-27 to the Tigers.

http://tinyurl.com/2kz2gz

edited by Iain to change the URL to a shorter one
Simmo
BigWillyV

Post by BigWillyV »

MoM? i think it should go to that guy called Leicester Tigers :o?

He played brilliantly at the breakdown, scored a lot of points used his strength to batter holes through the oppenents back line, kicked fantasctly and gave 110% throughout the match. even when things were looking down he still had that beilef that his team would win the game :oD
Tuliagi+Castro=Me
BigWillyV

Post by BigWillyV »

no mate :oD i mean the team put in a massive performance to win the game....we put the crisp curse to sleep in that one :mr.green:
Tuliagi+Castro=Me
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

westwinds31 wrote:Jennings - immense !! Should have been Players of the Season last year AND this year also. We'll find out how good he actually is when we haven't got him next season - a massive loss.
You're dead right westwinds, I've been saying that for ages. Shane is my favourite Tigers player, great attitude and commitment. He doesn't seem to get MOTM very often, I assume because people are used to his level of brilliance being normal. :oD