Good Stuff...main positives?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

14 posts on the game on Saturday speaking of the positives and no mention of Leon?? If not Hamilton, Leon would have been my man of the match. Looked very sharp, created lots of chances and his hands were superb throughout. Outstanding game, certainly must be banging on the door for a first team place again soon.
iceman_19
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by iceman_19 »

Mike: Agree to disgree I think there, the lineout did not just function due to the excellence of Hamilton. He was strong and reliable certainly but the lineout still relied on the sharp and accurate throwing of Buckland. Yes there were a couple of overthrows (which were swept up) and one free kick for time wasting, but apart from that I thought the lineout was fine. Over the course of an entire match 3 lineout mistakes is not bad! Better than Steve Thompson anyway! :lol:
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Iain - I was quite positive about Leon but on the other thread - 'Reflections on Saturday'. Never know which one to pick sometimes as often too many similar threads.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Personally, I was a little disappointed with Leon. i thought he performed solidly and made few errors but I think there were 1 or 2 occasions when he lacked the confidence to run at the defence when there was a chance there. He should have backed himself a little more as he's a good runner and so strong in teh tackle that he's unlikely to get turned over.
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Agreed totally. Lloydy looked solid but lacked the confidence to take players on the outside. As stated previously, he's not quick enough to be a winger. Mighty fine outside centre though...