Bath Game

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lil'B

Re: Bath Game

Post by Lil'B »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:I am going to the Bath game with the Bakers Arms Blaby. There is some spare places on the mini-bus, one with a match ticket if anyone is interested.

Catchup with you on Saturday then, Steve. :wink:

Bob
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

GRRRR

I wish I could go.

I have to say that White's inclusion while may raise a few eyebrows but its down to technical ability in teh scrum. Julian White is not so good in the loose but neither is Baths pack...they are however very technical. Castro was superb last week but he not as technically strong as Julian.

Shame about Tom Croft though I hope he gets well soon he is a very very good prospect. Geordan will be missed he was superb.

Great team though. Cant wait for the game
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

g wrote:Bunchy

Actually I don't think it is a negative comment. I don't agree with squad rotation anyway so when a player who has played well one week gets dropped to the bench the next I have to question Howards reasoning. Also if Castro is not fit then he shouldn't be anywhere near the squad either. You don't play players who are not fit.

And I will question Pats decisions any time I like it is my right.And I don't give a monkeys do dahs if you don't like it.
Pat you've lost your marbles - that's not a negative comment in your book ??? What a barrel of laughs you are :?

The point I was trying to make is that there are many factors involved (such as the ones mentioned by Bill) that HAVE to be taken into account when picking the side and you should bother to familiarise yourself with these before making assessments on our coaches mental state.
Less is more....
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Lil'B wrote:
stevetelcom2000 wrote:I am going to the Bath game with the Bakers Arms Blaby. There is some spare places on the mini-bus, one with a match ticket if anyone is interested.

Bob
Are you coming with us then Bob?
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

Steve / Bob - where are you drinking ahead of the game ?
Less is more....
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Wifey has just given me a pass out for the day so can now travel to the game (god love her....), a couple of things - is it an easy ground to get to and I hear the stadium is awful therefore whilst I will be over the moon to watch us smash Bath, is it going to be a complete nightmare getting there etc - anyone advise?
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Squad rotation is a funny thing, as Big Dai suggested it's a bit of a balancing act. I think with the Castro thing that maybe he's been dropped as he's just come into the team, it's probably a big difference to what he's used to at Calvisano, new country etc. So maybe he's been dropped to help him make a smooth transition - ie: so he can sit back and take stock a little bit. I thought he had a great game on Sunday though.

Someone mentioned Hamilton keeping his jersey, and I agree. Superb on Sunday (as were pretty much all the forwards) and I think this season he'll set down a huge marker. Hamilton and Deacon future Tigers/England second-row?
Lil'B

Post by Lil'B »

Bunchy wrote:Steve / Bob - where are you drinking ahead of the game ?

Bunchy, I haven't been to Bath before, so leaving it to the regulars. Was mentioned on the Bath Forum try the Huntsman... whereabouts unknown!

Bob
Lil'B

Post by Lil'B »

stevetelcom2000 wrote:
Lil'B wrote:

Bob
Are you coming with us then Bob?

You bet Ya! On your Best behaviour Steve! Rang 'E' @ the Bakers last night on the of chance.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Looking forward to it Bob. There are 5 seats left on the bus. Might suit a car load who are already traveling. Call Ernie at the Bakers Arms if it fits the bill.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

The Bath ground is slap bang in the middle of the city centre with no car parking facilities nearby. We have only been to the Wreck ( and believe me it is) when we went on a trip to Bath not for a match. It's not an easy ground to get too. Why they put it in the middle of the town I really don't know.

Have fun to all those that are going.
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

For the drinkers tomorrow - The Huntsman, the Boater and the Saracens Head have been rec'd by some Barf fans - see you there, you will spot me as I will be wearing a green rugby top !! :lol:
Less is more....
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

g, not a criticism but an observation. On this thread you say that the scrum half should be picked on form rather than reputation. However on another thread you state that the centres should always be Gibson and Smith if they're fit. I don't particularly disagree with either sentiment, merely interested in why you feel the two situations are different and should be treated as such. Can you enlighten me into your reasoning?
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Perhaps I should have worded it differently. I would always go for Gibson and Smith as the centre partnership only if they are the form 2. If they are not then you would have to go for those that were.

I say Ollie as I am going on his form from a couple of seasons ago. If he can get back to that and deserves his place on merit then keep him there. I think he is the better all round centre than say Hipkiss. Cornwell could make the position his own if he plays well every game.

What I can't get to grips with is the continual dropping of players when they've been playing well consistently. This happened a lot last season when Bemand got the 9 shirt played well and was then dropped once Harry was fit or had come back from the England squad.

I really don't think it does anything for a players moral if they are playing well consistntly and then they are dropped because of the reputation of the person who they have replaced. Pick on merit and not on reputation.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Very much agree with g on this. I think th esame thing happens with Moody on an all too frequent basis as well. The over-hyped, over-paid "stars" of Leicester Tigers seem to waltz into the starting line-up when back from injury/international duty no matter who has been playing in their place or how well they have performed.