Guys I have some good news!!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Congrats from me as well :D
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

WOOOO GO KATE, GLAD TO HEAR THE GOOD NEWS :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
great service....great idea (cheers Mr Branson)
(Keeno n' Sim Group)
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

cheers guys!!

hmmm doubt my consultant could actually help him!! he did paediatric (or however you spell it) mainly i think - and it only took 18months coz the NHS is stupid and sent me to a different doctor each time i disloacted my knee!! so i went through the same process like 3 times with different doctors until i dislocated my knee in school n got taken to a different hospital!!

now just have to decide whether to have the other knee done and when!! hmm
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Guys I have some good news!!

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

100%rugbygirl wrote:I have been discharged from hospital - no longer have to see my consultant about my knee woohoo!!
have been told that my knee should no longer be a problem so here i come - can play sport and everything!!

so i kinda just wanted to share it with you because alot of you guys have helped cheer me up after dislocations and all the physio and stuff!!
What happened to your knee RG? Glad to hear it's better now.

I too have a bad knee. My ex boyfriend ran me over in his car in a fit of temper (we'd not even had an argument, I was only moaning about having another rent rise at my flat and he made me get out of his car and as I turned to walk away he then rammed me with it. That happened on 13th March and my knee is still giving me a lot of pain.

Have you any good advice on self help. I went for physio for a while but they say I have to strengthen it up. I'm doing some exercises when I get time. :D
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

i was doing dance (stupid so called sport grr) in september 2004 and it dislocated but because i fell on it as i tried to land it popped back in slightly leaving the doctors mystified for about 4 months had so many weird tests and always sent for physio, then it disloacted while i tried to stand up off the floor in january this time they knew it had dislocated so was in a full leg cast for about a month then got told to do physio because i was too young for an operation, then saw the consultant privately and he said that the phsyio i had been doing for 6 months wasnt going to help and i could play sport if i wore my huge stupid knee braces that i had been wearing for ages, then spetember 2005 it came out again while i was playing netball even though i was wearing the brace got taken to a different hospital this time and then it came out again in novemeber 2005 and was operated on in december 2005

my advice - do the physio - it didnt help my condition as such but it made coming back from dislocations and the operation so much easier and it does help even for me it was soemthing that kept me exercising
and another thing if its painful use ice or frozen peas on it helps stop the pain n bring swelling down - i found that then applying a warm compress for a short amount of time afterwards

my gosh that was a long post
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

Thanks Kate, that's brill. I must admit, I had lost motivation for a while but it's coming back. I've started working in the evnings at a local pub so it gets sore afterwards. Will try and make myself do the cold compressing. Hope it continues to get better hon. :D
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

me too!! thats where i got really lucky my physio knew how to keep me motivated - and thats about the only reason i carried on doing physio!! and that has just reminded me i need to try and contact her again while i start running and jumping etc!!

hope your knee feels better!! mine always felt worse after work too :cry:
no.1ellisfan
Super User
Super User

Post by no.1ellisfan »

woohoooo for Kate!
has anybody seen the plot........i seem to have lost it!!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Great news Kate about your knee! :D :D :D :D Good luck with the tag rugby.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Nice.
Nicky
Super User
Super User

Post by Nicky »

well done kate :wink:
mrsmoody
Super User
Super User

Post by mrsmoody »

finally! hehee thats great news kate!! :D :D (no you have no excuses not to run the marathon with me in 2008! :wink: )
Kellogs frosties, brings out the tiger in you!

http://Hannah-Fantastic.bebo.com
Ollie smith rules
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ollie smith rules »

Great news Kate. Hope you have a good summer playing sport!!
:-) TIGERS rock especially Ollie, CRANE, Moody, Crofty, and Matt C :-)
100%rugbygirl
Super User
Super User

Post by 100%rugbygirl »

mrsmoody wrote:finally! hehee thats great news kate!! :D :D (no you have no excuses not to run the marathon with me in 2008! :wink: )
damn it!! actually if i wanted to run the marathon would have to wait til 2009 anyway because of my birthda being on august 2nd!! plus the summer of 2008 was when i was considering having my other knee done as by that time i should know if the operation has actually worked or not!!

unfortunatly summer is going to spent running jumping and generally training - have netball tour i have to be fit for in october!! could be interesting!!