METALLICA ROCK!!!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

My best mate's lad went on Sunday - he had to go to the Drs on Monday because his head was red! He enjoyed himself up until then, by all accounts.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Really great. Can't wait til the album. It was called something like "It's Not the End" and had a brilliant heavy intro, and really an instant hit with me. Some songs take a while to grow on you don't they, like "Sad But True". But this was like "Ronnie" - out there, confident, heavy, great riff, brilliant.
Don't mess with The Mothers!
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Lucie's version

Post by Ashby Rock Chick »

I think people ought to be banned from doing lame cover versions, ESPECIALLY GIRLIE TRENDIES!! :lol:

LONG LIVE ROCK!

I'm off to see Pearl Jam soon in Dublin, can't wait.... :D
You gotta fight for your right to .... PARTY!
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Ooh Ooh Ooh I love them too. They're at Reading this year too and I want to go, but my daughter's going and while I can persuade my son I'm cool, there's no way I can persuade my daughter!

:evil:
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Lucie whatsherface

Just checked out the Lucie version. She is very pretty and has a good voice but the song is really lame. Amy Lee from Evanescence could do it credit without a shadow of a doubt.

Hey you shouldn't have to persuade your kids you are cool CT, you obviously are if you like Pearl Jam!!

Anyone like The Levellers? Nice Irish folk-rock. They are on at the National Forest Folk Festival in the heart of the National Forest at Moira near Swadlincote on 8 July. I shall be working there all weekend doing my groupie bit. (actually doing the door and gates etc).

Apart from The Levellers being on, it is more of a sedate folk weekend, just right for some of the oldies. ..... check out www.affc.demon.co.uk if you like folk. :D
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Lucie whatsherface

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Ashby Rock Chick wrote:Just checked out the Lucie version. She is very pretty and has a good voice but the song is really lame. Amy Lee from Evanescence could do it credit without a shadow of a doubt.

Hey you shouldn't have to persuade your kids you are cool CT, you obviously are if you like Pearl Jam!!

Anyone like The Levellers? Nice Irish folk-rock. They are on at the National Forest Folk Festival in the heart of the National Forest at Moira near Swadlincote on 8 July. I shall be working there all weekend doing my groupie bit. (actually doing the door and gates etc).

Apart from The Levellers being on, it is more of a sedate folk weekend, just right for some of the oldies. ..... check out www.affc.demon.co.uk if you like folk. :D
ARC - indeed The Levellers are a splendid band. Much enjoyment was had watching them in Thetford Forest.

Love Metallic but stopped buying their stuff prior to the black album, still think Kill em all is the best with One as a stand out elsewhere.

Mini Spike has pinched my copy of Master of Puppets and is beginning at the ripe old age of 11 to display a decent taste in music. He rates Metallic in a top ten which includes Rancid, NOFX, NIN, Rage against the machine, Motorhead, Less Than Jake, etc.

Might try him with Naplam Death and BoltThrower soon. :shock:
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Cornish Tiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Cornish Tiger »

Oh Spike you should be proud. Mine liked the most outrageously awful stuff at 11. I'm a Barbie Girl....Argh.

"One" was great at Download. At first I thought it was actually a helicopter as so many planes had been trying to land on our heads approaching E Midlands Airport. Then there was this great light show, it was amazing. From Kill Em All, they did Seek and Destroy as the last song and it was excellent. The crowd were doing devils horns in time, it looked great. Black Album is my favourite though, and they did plenty of that. And ALL of Master of Puppets.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

CT - 'music' such as that would never have got into my house!! :shock: :shock:

He did have a bit of a go at getting me to take him to Download but wasn't keen (and not sure if there was an age restriction) maybe in a few years.

Meanwhile he'll continue to rummage through my stuff. Maybe The Ramones will get a run out in the next phase.
SPIKE

King Kong
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by King Kong »

If he likes that stuff, get him on to megadeth, or venom, or something.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

King Kong wrote:If he likes that stuff, get him on to megadeth, or venom, or something.
mmmm, megadeth - doubtful they come across as a bit worthy, venom were ok live but it never worked for me as a recording.

I'm thinking of trying panthera, slayer, carcass, zombie glow skulls and insane clown posse. He would like NWA and bodycount but the lyrics are a bit extreme for 11 (although i'm sure he has a better vocabulary than i do).
SPIKE

Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Cornish Tiger wrote:Oh Spike you should be proud. Mine liked the most outrageously awful stuff at 11. I'm a Barbie Girl....Argh.

"One" was great at Download. At first I thought it was actually a helicopter as so many planes had been trying to land on our heads approaching E Midlands Airport. Then there was this great light show, it was amazing. From Kill Em All, they did Seek and Destroy as the last song and it was excellent. The crowd were doing devils horns in time, it looked great. Black Album is my favourite though, and they did plenty of that. And ALL of Master of Puppets.
fantastic, Seek & Destroy is an all time favourite to drive dangerously too!! (not that I'm condoning such behaviour). :twisted:
Ashby Rock Chick
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

SPIKE@srufc wrote:
Ashby Rock Chick wrote:Just checked out the Lucie version. She is very pretty and has a good voice but the song is really lame. Amy Lee from Evanescence could do it credit without a shadow of a doubt.

ARC - indeed The Levellers are a splendid band. Much enjoyment was had watching them in Thetford Forest.

Love Metallic but stopped buying their stuff prior to the black album, still think Kill em all is the best with One as a stand out elsewhere.

Mini Spike has pinched my copy of Master of Puppets and is beginning at the ripe old age of 11 to display a decent taste in music. He rates Metallic in a top ten which includes Rancid, NOFX, NIN, Rage against the machine, Motorhead, Less Than Jake, etc.

Might try him with Naplam Death and BoltThrower soon. :shock:
Poor lad, that's not music, it's death metal garbage!!!

I had Metallica Live S**t, Purge & Binge for Xmas, it's awesome.

I licked Jeramy Levellers Ice Lolly! Woo hoo.

xkxkxk
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

[quote="Ashby Rock Chick
Poor lad, that's not music, it's death metal garbage!!!

I had Metallica Live S**t, Purge & Binge for Xmas, it's awesome.

I licked Jeramy Levellers Ice Lolly! Woo hoo.

xkxkxk[/quote]

Death metal? not Napalm Death.

Is the Metallica cover of Green Day avaliable still - think it was garage days ep or something.

The idea with mini spike is to get him to listen to as wide a variety of stuff as possible. He seems to like metal / punk so i'm seeing to what degree by trying the more extreme stuff (that and i like it too - makes car trips including the 200+ trip to WR pass much quicker)

I licked Jeramy Levellers Ice Lolly! Woo hoo. - is this code? :shock: :shock:
SPIKE

hodge
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by hodge »

metallica do not rock

they just make a lot of noise
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

hodge wrote:metallica do not rock

they just make a lot of noise
well most bands make a lot of noise don't they
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot