Play Off Semi-final - Sale - 14th May 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: Play Off Semi-final - Sale - 14th May 2023 - KO 3-00pm

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Why you would play one of the best 15's in world rugby on the wing is beyond me....

We need a different game plan to beat Sale as its unlikely an arm wrestle will do it...the last few times we have played them we have been poor at best, at the barest minimum Sale should have to win the game.

Either way I think it's a Semi Final to decide who looses to Sarries.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:48 pm
sk 88 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:50 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:34 pm

So what would you have done ?
You don’t want to wait after there may be quite a few who would be happier with that arrangement.
Who says people are getting stressed you either get a ticket or you don’t, and if you make the decision to queue for a ticket then that’s your call.
Sometimes people have to make decisions on the information given and not expect it to be wrapped up in neat parcels
1) Confirmed there was an allocation for either game & the size of it.
2) Once the details for how the tickets were going to be sold announce that (i.e. physical, online, over the phone)
3) Do it on the Sunday, or at 8pm on the Saturday if it was online only.

And finally, as you can probably tell from my tone I am getting very stressed by this whole process because it's not a case of "oh well never mind" the only KO game I missed for 20 years was the 2016 semi final as it clashed directly with LCFC's title run in. That attitude actually riles me up even more.

When there was limited tickets before and it was physical tickets only there was a simple system of a queue. It wasn't great but you knew if you cared enough and got there early enough you'd get a ticket. Was quite happy with that. Those of us who get stressed got there early those people who were relaxed got there late. Self sorted. Now clearly online sales are a lot better than queuing from 3am like I used to. But there is no way to self sort the people who would queue up all day to secure them and people dipping in on the off chance.

Doing it immediately after the match will make the Quins match, particularly the end of it, unenjoyable. And if I fail to get a semi ticket because I cannot get online, because that's just what happens sometimes in crowds, I will be disconsolate. Quite clearly you don't care at all, and that's your prerogative, well done you for keeping things in a healthier perspective. But I'm going to say its bad service because it is bad service to me.
Hoping you got your ticket sorted successfully
Yes, just the nervous wait as the email came through at about 7.08 or so rather than 7pm! North terrace tickets bought.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sk 88 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:14 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Sat May 06, 2023 7:48 pm
sk 88 wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:50 pm

1) Confirmed there was an allocation for either game & the size of it.
2) Once the details for how the tickets were going to be sold announce that (i.e. physical, online, over the phone)
3) Do it on the Sunday, or at 8pm on the Saturday if it was online only.

And finally, as you can probably tell from my tone I am getting very stressed by this whole process because it's not a case of "oh well never mind" the only KO game I missed for 20 years was the 2016 semi final as it clashed directly with LCFC's title run in. That attitude actually riles me up even more.

When there was limited tickets before and it was physical tickets only there was a simple system of a queue. It wasn't great but you knew if you cared enough and got there early enough you'd get a ticket. Was quite happy with that. Those of us who get stressed got there early those people who were relaxed got there late. Self sorted. Now clearly online sales are a lot better than queuing from 3am like I used to. But there is no way to self sort the people who would queue up all day to secure them and people dipping in on the off chance.

Doing it immediately after the match will make the Quins match, particularly the end of it, unenjoyable. And if I fail to get a semi ticket because I cannot get online, because that's just what happens sometimes in crowds, I will be disconsolate. Quite clearly you don't care at all, and that's your prerogative, well done you for keeping things in a healthier perspective. But I'm going to say its bad service because it is bad service to me.
Hoping you got your ticket sorted successfully
Yes, just the nervous wait as the email came through at about 7.08 or so rather than 7pm! North terrace tickets bought.
Great stuff!
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Robrugbycheshire

Post by Robrugbycheshire »

Got email today finally not sure what happened costing structure a bit weird, £34 a ticket but then option for 2of us ad/ 3of us ad…, anyone any ideas as it will only let you buy a single ticket
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Robrugbycheshire wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:19 pm Got email today finally not sure what happened costing structure a bit weird, £34 a ticket but then option for 2of us ad/ 3of us ad…, anyone any ideas as it will only let you buy a single ticket
You need to increase the number you want on the top left hand side of the page first, the on the right you select each type of ticket once. So first ticket +1 adult, then scroll down to the next ticket & do the same.

If you are looking for seats you need to unselect the option of them being together because it appears there are only single seats left. If you are happy on the terrace you don't need to do this and the option is moot.

My brother struggled on his laptop but it was very intuitive on my phone. I had also pre-registered with Sale so just had to log in, rather than register at the same time.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

I too had to deregister with Sale then got in on Thursday night but could only get 1 ticket.
When we got back from the game on Saturday: tried to get two tickets together but found it impossible. Luckily my cousin is also a Sale member so got his and his 12 year old son’s together but at the opposite end to me!
Hopefully Tigers’ fans who want two tickets together will somehow get them.
I’m standing in the North stand so hope to join my fellow Tigers’ fans there to make
lots of noise! Took a lot of time to do it!
I’ve only seen us win once in the last ten times of going to Sale: time for a change!!!!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I’m intrigued as to how Wiggy approaches this one. I’m sure the energy and effort will be there, as it should be for every game, but taking the 2 games vs Sale this season, we’ve taken a battering at the breakdown and physically they’ve matched us. One out runners won’t cut it, we need to offload and move them around, maybe if we score first it will rattle them ? Their discipline isn’t great, but their (illegal) line speed has suffocated a lot of teams, even with 14 men. We don’t do well up there either. All of this points to a Sale win….let’s see.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

westwinds31 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:26 pm I’m intrigued as to how Wiggy approaches this one. I’m sure the energy and effort will be there, as it should be for every game, but taking the 2 games vs Sale this season, we’ve taken a battering at the breakdown and physically they’ve matched us. One out runners won’t cut it, we need to offload and move them around, maybe if we score first it will rattle them ? Their discipline isn’t great, but their (illegal) line speed has suffocated a lot of teams, even with 14 men. We don’t do well up there either. All of this points to a Sale win….let’s see.
Run our 8 at their 10? Aim between their 12 and 13 (Manu just loves a dog leg)? Make the most of their ill discipline - take the 3 as much as possible. We have a great goal kicker!

I think even though you are completely right on all your points, they do have some weaknesses.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Pellsey wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 7:13 am
westwinds31 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:26 pm I’m intrigued as to how Wiggy approaches this one. I’m sure the energy and effort will be there, as it should be for every game, but taking the 2 games vs Sale this season, we’ve taken a battering at the breakdown and physically they’ve matched us. One out runners won’t cut it, we need to offload and move them around, maybe if we score first it will rattle them ? Their discipline isn’t great, but their (illegal) line speed has suffocated a lot of teams, even with 14 men. We don’t do well up there either. All of this points to a Sale win….let’s see.
Run our 8 at their 10? Aim between their 12 and 13 (Manu just loves a dog leg)? Make the most of their ill discipline - take the 3 as much as possible. We have a great goal kicker!

I think even though you are completely right on all your points, they do have some weaknesses.
Some great match ups across the park with Carpenter vs Steward, Kelly vs Manu, Handre vs George, JVP/Youngs vs Quirke/Warr, DDP vs Wiese, Reffell vs Curry, Montoya vs Akker, Hill vs Martin. The list goes on!

Attitude and pressure will be the key factors too. Sale have all the pressure on them, they trounced us at the AJ Bell, they beat us comfortably at home. They have been performing well all season and have very few injuries. They are on the back of a good win vs Newcastle last week whilst resting some key men and are at home. We, whilst being defending champions, have less pressure after a tricky season and have thrived off the ‘underdogs’ tag in the past. Sale have creaked a little under pressure this season - let’s test that theory and see how well George can move them into the right areas when they’re under pressure. It will be a cracker of a game I’m sure and if we can get some scoreboard pressure and stay in the game long enough we might just be able to make the pressure tell. We have nothing to lose really, I hope the boys go out there, play a bit of what’s in front of them and take them on.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

Sorry but just had a nightmare whilst looking to see without success the match officials for Sunday.

I dreamt ~ Referee Karl Dickson with Assistants Craig Maxwell-Keys and Claire Hodnett with a TMO of our dear Ian Tempest, Citing Officer of David Rose (he loves Tigers!) and fourth official of Christophe Ridley. Where is that Remy? or Talisker? :smt002
COYT.......
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
RobboRugby

Post by RobboRugby »

After following the tigers forum for some years I decided to make an account and put something forward so sorry if this team is absolutely shocking lol. For me, Sunday we have to be aggressive from the 1st second stunning Sale into panic and putting pressure on them causing penalties. I also think an area we could hammer is the scrum. The team for me best suit for that would be:
1.Cronin (if fit)
2.Montoya
3.Cole
4.Henderson
5.Martin
6.Hanro
7.Refell
8.Wiese
9.Young (for me lately JVP has been a bit off his A game, let him bring an impact off the bench to build back confidence)
10.Pollard
11.Watson
12.Kelly
13.Scott (aggressive defence)
14.Potter
15.Steward

16.Dolly (I know he’s been out a while but with his quality and recent game time I think he’s a good shout to let loose in a semi, only risk is injuring himself again so soon which none of us want)
17.West
18.Heyes
19.Wells
20.Cracknell
21.JVP
22.Gopperth (I’ve gone for Gopperth over Atkinson for the experience side of things near the end of match)
23.Brown
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

For me the 15 picks itself bar one of the wing spots. Does Wigg pick a speedster in Potter, a younger player who is normally sound in defence. Or Brown. Slower but bags of experience and can offer something different ball in hand. Normally a handful to bring down when he gets going.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RobboRugby wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 8:50 pm After following the tigers forum for some years I decided to make an account and put something forward so sorry if this team is absolutely shocking lol. For me, Sunday we have to be aggressive from the 1st second stunning Sale into panic and putting pressure on them causing penalties. I also think an area we could hammer is the scrum. The team for me best suit for that would be:
1.Cronin (if fit)
2.Montoya
3.Cole
4.Henderson
5.Martin
6.Hanro
7.Refell
8.Wiese
9.Young (for me lately JVP has been a bit off his A game, let him bring an impact off the bench to build back confidence)
10.Pollard
11.Watson
12.Kelly
13.Scott (aggressive defence)
14.Potter
15.Steward

16.Dolly (I know he’s been out a while but with his quality and recent game time I think he’s a good shout to let loose in a semi, only risk is injuring himself again so soon which none of us want)
17.West
18.Heyes
19.Wells
20.Cracknell
21.JVP
22.Gopperth (I’ve gone for Gopperth over Atkinson for the experience side of things near the end of match)
23.Brown
Good to have you join! Welcome to the madhouse looks a strong team capable of doing the job.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Our forward possession needs to be massive to create opportunity. The Curry Brothers could sway this but have faith in our Tommy and George et al. Scrum is key ! But our game should be scrum plus what 1-8 give in the open too ! That includes forwards movement off the line out, forward movement inc tackles etc etc I like the mobility in depth that Dolly could give us, Heyes again had the better of Marler at the weekend and obviously miles more mobile than Cole and I think West gives us best of both with what we have. If these guys fire they open doors for our outstanding glory boys! The hard work and effort to create the flair will define this game…right how do I get a ticket ??
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

Sounds like Ashton will start (according to the interview WW gave to the mirror) if he is successful with his appeal.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/rugby-un ... d-29940232
Hehehehehehehehe