Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP14
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2020/21 SQUAD/TRANSFERS/CONTRACT THREAD Part 2

Post by JP14 »

ABClub wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:53 am
JP14 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:45 am Wonder if the Club will pay any attention to the new MLR Collegiate Drafts that are taking place this Saturday...

Or any Prem club for that matter.
With the focus on athletics in the States there will be a lot of phenomenal athletes going into the draft. I've wanted Tigers to consider internationals from Tier 2 nations for a while now. There are some very good players that could provide value for money. Shalva Mamukashvili is a brilliant signing in that regard.

From the States World Cup squad Tony Lamborn, with the Auckland Blues for 2020, could offer the back row depth we need well. Similar player to Callum Gibbins in my opinion but would likely cost much less.

Mike Te'o was brilliant ball in hand during the World Cup as well. With wing depth needed he could be an interesting option.
Te'o is a quality player and has played well for the Eagles for some time, might need to shed a little bit of weight though.
Formerly of Burbaaage (not Inkleh), now up north at uni
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Andy Goode saying that it was Lance Bradley who signed May NOT Ackermann or Humphreys.and potentially one of the reasons why they left.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

RagingBull wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:31 pm Andy Goode saying that it was Lance Bradley who signed May NOT Ackermann or Humphreys.and potentially one of the reasons why they left.
Goode previously accused Bradley of being too superfan-like and not a proper CEO in one of the rugby pods.
AngusMcCoatup
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by AngusMcCoatup »

BBC are reporting Maro Itoje is considering a loan move to Leicester Tigers & Racing92.
Now that is what I call a second row replacement for Spencer, but not sure if it is really on! but perhaps this is the reason for the news delay ( cannot say news blackout these days)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53030147
To the world you may be just one person.
But to that one person you may be the world!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:09 am BBC are reporting Maro Itoje is considering a loan move to Leicester Tigers & Racing92.
Now that is what I call a second row replacement for Spencer, but not sure if it is really on! but perhaps this is the reason for the news delay ( cannot say news blackout these days)
Just journos looking to manufacture a story. Geordan said recently in one of the weekly interviews with Bondi that Maro does not feature in Tigers' plans.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

They say he was rumoured to be considering moves to Racing and Tigers. Just referring to the rumours a few weeks ago.

Don't get excited again.
JP14
Super User
Super User

Post by JP14 »

I believe the replacement for Spencer is an oversees player.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

All new signings were tied up before the pandemic. Just waiting on the right time to announce.
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 6:55 am
AngusMcCoatup wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:09 am BBC are reporting Maro Itoje is considering a loan move to Leicester Tigers & Racing92.
Just journos looking to manufacture a story. Geordan said recently in one of the weekly interviews with Bondi that Maro does not feature in Tigers' plans.
for clarity - GM said "at present" when referring to Maro
Hehehehehehehehe
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

If Maro is coming it would explain the silence on both the 2nd row signing and kit announcement.

If he was coming, I’d expect him to be the kit reveal model.
Traveller
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Traveller »

Just watched House of Cards featuring Ben Youngs. Really made me realise what great business the club did in securing BY and GF for the future. Although there is a lot of good news emanating from the club re new coaching set up, player recruitment, development squad - but we could have been starting a new season bemoaning the fact that we had lost half backs who were good enough to beat the All Blacks and play in a World Cup Final. Retention of the right players can be easily overlooked. Not preaching - just reminding myself.
Dangerous4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dangerous4 »

I'm not holding my breath over any rumoured signings.
Longshanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Longshanks »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:20 am If Maro is coming it would explain the silence on both the 2nd row signing and kit announcement.

We're told Tigers deals have been done and contracts have been signed. Maro has said he's 95% sure where he'll be next season which means he hasn't signed anything yet. In turn that means he's not coming to Tigers.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Longshanks wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:02 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:20 am If Maro is coming it would explain the silence on both the 2nd row signing and kit announcement.

We're told Tigers deals have been done and contracts have been signed. Maro has said he's 95% sure where he'll be next season which means he hasn't signed anything yet. In turn that means he's not coming to Tigers.
What a player or the club says to the press and what is true can be two different things. We are also in a very challenging and changing time.

Until it’s announced I’d keep my eyes and ears open. I’m under no illusion that he’s coming here, but until the fat lady sings...
SthrnTiger

Post by SthrnTiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:06 pm
Longshanks wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:02 pm

What a player or the club says to the press and what is true can be two different things. We are also in a very challenging and changing time.

Until it’s announced I’d keep my eyes and ears open. I’m under no illusion that he’s coming here, but until the fat lady sings...
McGinity was on the rugby pod this week and was asked about it and didn’t flat out deny Maro was coming here. I’m 95% sure he was just playing along but I’m still holding out with hope...