Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

drc_007
Super User
Super User

Re: Team up v Munster!

Post by drc_007 »

Southerntiger wrote:
Snorbins wrote:A win is a win and take it every time.
Williams every time over Ford and the proof is the kick. Memories of Stimson?
Worth played better and a few good catches but does need some leadership in positioning.
Referee played a blinder, only thing missing was his dog!
So you saw that game and saw progress?

Did you see that game and genuinely think we can win a title?

Mystified
I saw progress, in other games they might have folded after going down 6 points at the start or after Munster scored their try. This game they fought back for a win. To be honest in this game all I was looking for was "spirit".

Still plenty to do but can't fault effort today.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well I'm pleased for the win and all credit to Williams for making that last kick. Some bizarre decision from the ref but on balance i think we came off best on that score as well.

Certainly an improvement over last week but, that's hardly saying much. Still think Tigers will struggle to make any play offs this season. Some tough fixtures coming up and I don't see Tigers getting much change out of them.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

It wasn't great but it was gutsy. Pleased for Worth and Roberts. Thought they played well. Pack went well too. Nice to see Tom giving a bit of lip. But oooooooh that line out creaked. Did it not?

Remy time.......But only just. and thanks to a Welshman! Two with Roberts. Three with Hamilton. :smt026
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

From Guardian comments from a Munster fan.

"Congratulations to Tigers and their fans. Sounds a proper, tight, contest after last week. Your team picked itself up and "stood up and fought", you can't ask more than that"
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

Snorbins wrote:A win is a win and take it every time.
Williams every time over Ford and the proof is the kick. Memories of Stimson?
Worth played better and a few good catches but does need some leadership in positioning.
Referee played a blinder, only thing missing was his dog!
The cherry on the cake had to be the Zebo penalty, the offence if it can be called an offence happened right on the touchline and the penalty was kicked about ten metres inside. :smt005
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

The Zebo penalty was taken from where the ball landed rather than where the offence occurred.

More commitment than last week's limp effort.

Cilliers is clearly more than a bench warmer so let's please move Bateman back to hooker and overpower a few packs rather than hold them.
BFG
Super User
Super User

Post by BFG »

mol2 wrote:The Zebo penalty was taken from where the ball landed rather than where the offence occurred.

More commitment than last week's limp effort.

Cilliers is clearly more than a bench warmer so let's please move Bateman back to hooker and overpower a few packs rather than hold them.
It didn't land there! :smt005
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

BFG wrote:Clinging on really from Leicester's perspective and that final scrum was a clear penalty against with what was the worst feed I've seen for a while although those around me all knew it was coming and fortunately the ref didn't get picky.
No worse than any of the other feeds in the game, including a couple or three from Conor Murray where he half-stepped/shuffled towards his own loosehead before chucking it in to the No8.

A penalty, in the context of similar feeds earlier, would have been criminal IMO.... Gauzere obviously missed that off his referee's checklist and tick boxes unlike the (not the first of the game) not straight at the line-out against us towards the end.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

Let's not talk about him - rather settle down and watch our friends from Northampton get a ton king :smt023
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Biffer- to answer your question - yes there was a fight at the Aylestone Road corner of the Crumbie as I was leaving the ground. My take was that it was 2 Tigers 'fans' rather than anything sinister. One guy was very vexed about something , the other guy (other than some machismo posturing) didn't seem to want to get involved. The stewards were all over and in the middle of it but mr vexed guy kept trying to get at the other guy. I concluded it was personal rather than rugby related.
tigercaspian
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tigercaspian »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:Biffer- to answer your question - yes there was a fight at the Aylestone Road corner of the Crumbie as I was leaving the ground. My take was that it was 2 Tigers 'fans' rather than anything sinister. One guy was very vexed about something , the other guy (other than some machismo posturing) didn't seem to want to get involved. The stewards were all over and in the middle of it but mr vexed guy kept trying to get at the other guy. I concluded it was personal rather than rugby related.

Probably someone looking for 'progress' rather than a win.........
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Just got online and disappointed to see the post from Southerntiger.....the post and all relating to it have been removed and appropriate action taken with them.....
Thanks to all those who reported it through the system.

The Tigers team that turned out today showed passion and fight against a Munster team that was similiar to last week. Still short of lots of players, they showed that they are capable of dogging it out for victories.
Thought that Jack Roberts had an outstanding game and should be given more opportunities in the centre.

Happy that a win was gained.....

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

One can only hope :smt001 tigercaspian
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Greenwhiteandred wrote:Biffer- to answer your question - yes there was a fight at the Aylestone Road corner of the Crumbie as I was leaving the ground. My take was that it was 2 Tigers 'fans' rather than anything sinister. One guy was very vexed about something , the other guy (other than some machismo posturing) didn't seem to want to get involved. The stewards were all over and in the middle of it but mr vexed guy kept trying to get at the other guy. I concluded it was personal rather than rugby related.
Believe that it involved some Munster fans and a Tigers fan. Dont think that the Tigers fan will be back at Welford Road for the foreseeable future. The police had to be called.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

It was progress in that it was better than last week, but climbing out of the cellar (and winning by a sniff) is not conquering the Alps (never mind Everest).
However, I think Thompstone is our most underrated player. Always committed.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina