Cohen, Glynn, to be sacked?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: MOC to be sacked?

Post by Rugbyflanker »

Burns was treated terribly too and i know for a fact Williams was pushed out too!
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Rugbyflanker wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:34 pm Burns was treated terribly too and i know for a fact Williams was pushed out too!
he was out of contract and signed a massive deal at Gloucester,
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

He wasnt offered a new contract here,it wasnt a money issue. He wouldve stayed for less.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

The above about Burns and William doesn't surprise me, although I guess only they and their agents and LFC know the full story.

What I do know is that the problems at Tigers are systemic and are nothing new and, from what I've seen thus far, I have no confidence in MoC being able to put them right within a reasonable timeframe.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

From the Tigers' own news:
"Head coach O’Connor says Tigers are working hard to put things right and is looking for a reaction against London Irish when they return to home ground for the first game of 2018.

“We have had a tough month with the fixtures we have had, and the results haven’t gone our way,” he said. “There’s only one thing we can do and that is work harder and make sure this weekend at Welford Road we are better again.

So the answer is to just keep doing more of the same but harder."only one thing we can do" So nothing new, no original thinking: in a hole so keep on digging.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:29 pm From the Tigers' own news:
"Head coach O’Connor says Tigers are working hard to put things right and is looking for a reaction against London Irish when they return to home ground for the first game of 2018.

“We have had a tough month with the fixtures we have had, and the results haven’t gone our way,” he said. “There’s only one thing we can do and that is work harder and make sure this weekend at Welford Road we are better again.

So the answer is to just keep doing more of the same but harder."only one thing we can do" So nothing new, no original thinking: in a hole so keep on digging.
Sounds like Boxer in Orwell's Animal Farm whose repsonse to every problem was "I will work harder" and we all know what happened to him.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
L Smith
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by L Smith »

NONAME wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:16 pm Interesting but I wonder how many of my fellow contributors were down Oval Park last season watching the Academy. The foundations are there you just have to look. Look also at the financial strength of the club. Simon Cohen and the board have done an excellent job. Now all we need is to see that success replicated on the field but I come back to my main point MOC is building his own team and you can't do it in a season. You can only sign World Class players when they are available, you can't put our 18 year old Academy guys in the first team to play Exeter. You can't expect Manu to be match fit and sharp. In the years gone by Manu would have been given a couple of A league games and possibly 20 minutes in the first team before being thrown in at the deep end. Unfortunately Tigers didn't have those options as the high incidence of injuries depleted even the biggest of squads.

The club is far from broken it is developing, coming to terms with new laws, a new much more Physical approach and trying to compete with the money rich French clubs. I was at Racing, we could have and should have won, I saw a brilliant display against Castres but I also saw us being bullied by Munster, just as I expected. (It helps when your players only play half the games) My only real moan was the Worcester game which was a poor performance but I would ask my fellow contributors to look at the team we put out.

Finally I didn't hear Sarries fans asking for the head of their Director of Rugby and Board when they were losing and losing in many cases to lesser opposition than Tigers were playing. We could have easily won at Wasps, should have beaten Racing and Worcester. We have a truly World Class player in Matt Toomua and it speaks volumes that he has signed a contract extension along with many others.

The Club is in safe hands....
You are Simon Cohen and I claim my £5!
Seriously though, it’s great that the club is in good hands and that the business is in a reasonable state but the on-pitch offering simply has to improve.
Quickly.
Or we’ll soon be seeing half empty (or half full, Ellis) stands a la Franklin’s Gardens.
I contacted Gary Sherrard when MOC was appointed and I was ready to cancel my season ticket but I reconsidered.
If the slide doesn’t get arrested this season, I will be cancelling my ticket next year: not because of the results but because change won’t happen unless we vote with our feet.

Sad times
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Old Hob wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:29 pm From the Tigers' own news:

Come on OH be fair, Its the clubs standard line. Cockers used to get criticised for saying we would work harder in the week.
tripeandonions
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tripeandonions »

:smt046
ellis9 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:16 pm
tripeandonions wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:04 pm Matt O'Connor, who seems to possess all the charm of a saltie crocodile, seems unable to organise or coach forwards on the evidence of what my eyes have told me. There used to be a forwards coach, who copped a load of flack and who left early in the season. And what has been done by the club to rectify this glaring deficiency in the meantime?
Well, I've acted. Direct Debit cancelled.
Thanks for turning up during the good times. It's a shame you've given up now it's gone a bit rocky.
strawclearer
Super User
Super User

Post by strawclearer »

New Northampton Saints coaching consultant Alan Gaffney says it "shouldn't be too difficult" to turn around the struggling side's fortunes. "There's only three things you can do with a rugby ball," the Australian told BBC Radio Northampton. "You can run with it, kick it or pass it. You can't do anything else."

Right.

So.

Who's going to explain the difference between 'simple' and 'easy' to him?

I wonder if he used that line at the interview?
Happy days clearing straw from the pitch before the Baa-Baas games! KBO
Wear a Mask>Protect The NHS>Save Lives
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

strawclearer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 am New Northampton Saints coaching consultant Alan Gaffney says it "shouldn't be too difficult" to turn around the struggling side's fortunes. "There's only three things you can do with a rugby ball," the Australian told BBC Radio Northampton. "You can run with it, kick it or pass it. You can't do anything else."

Right.

So.

Idiot - you can drop it, catch it and lose it to name but 3. What happens when you don't have is just as important - glad he is not at Tigers if that is what he thinks.
Hehehehehehehehe
wellstiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by wellstiger »

trendylfj wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:51 am
strawclearer wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:45 am New Northampton Saints coaching consultant Alan Gaffney says it "shouldn't be too difficult" to turn around the struggling side's fortunes. "There's only three things you can do with a rugby ball," the Australian told BBC Radio Northampton. "You can run with it, kick it or pass it. You can't do anything else."

Right.

So.

Idiot - you can drop it, catch it and lose it to name but 3. What happens when you don't have is just as important - glad he is not at Tigers if that is what he thinks.
:smt022
I remember the days when every coach told us to stick the ball up your jumper and protect it
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Rugbyflanker knows for a fact something that Owen Williams parents were not aware of, they told me he was happy at Leicester there was an offer on the table when Gloucester offered pretty much double the money, Tiger's were not able to match that offer or come near to it so Owen did what most of us would do and went for the money.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Yeah I had heard that Williams wanted to play at 10 and Gloucester had offered him loads more money than we did. No way was he pushed out of the club.
Rugbyflanker
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rugbyflanker »

I bow to your knowledge then jgriffin was told differently,either way hes not happy at Gloc and if he did sell his soul then tough! Anyone elses parents you know?