Champions' Cup Final

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Re: Champions' Cup Final

Post by johnthegriff »

A great win for a proper rugby club. I too thought the ref harsh but actually on the whole I thought referee Carley had a good game.
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Many congratulations Toulouse! You did brilliantly
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Big Dai wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:34 pm Commentary team very Leinster biassed I thought.
But Oh dear, how sad, never mind!
Yeah, Mullins could do to wind his neck in!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

fentiger wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:09 pm
Big Dai wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:34 pm Commentary team very Leinster biassed I thought.
But Oh dear, how sad, never mind!
Yeah, Mullins could do to wind his neck in!
You mean the bloke from Soar Valley😂
I must tune out because I don’t hear it
Robespierre
Super User
Super User

Post by Robespierre »

johnthegriff wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 5:52 pm A great win for a proper rugby club. I too thought the ref harsh but actually on the whole I thought referee Carley had a good game.
👍
Semper in excretia
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

Well. That was fun, wasn’t it?

Made me laugh when the Leinster coach was interviewed about leaving this group of players to coach the Irish backs, it’s the same players!!!
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

I thought that was a tremendous game with the right result. To me there looks to be a gulf between both those sides and the prem at the moment.
I'm not cynical just experienced
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

chewbacca wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:49 pm I thought that was a tremendous game with the right result. To me there looks to be a gulf between both those sides and the prem at the moment.
I was thinking the same thing, couple of the South African sides at full strength could compete
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

So, it appears Rassi's influence is still at work:
https://archive.ph/LmEzh

Really needs stamping out, fortunately this time it didn't help them to victory!
JGT57

Post by JGT57 »

😂😂

Toulouse thrash Ireland!

Great result
loretta
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by loretta »

After a few (perhaps too many) glasses of refreshment, I’ve realised something. Today’s final was a true spectacle, fantastic entertainment and a proper arm wrestle with tremendous skill, but very few tries. It was what our sport is all about, but perhaps not what certain parts of the media, dare I say governing bodies, would like it to be. A reminder of what we love to experience of a weekend, skill, commitment and blood and thunder. The thirst for champagne rugby might draw in the casual observer, but this afternoon’s final was far more than that. It was what rugby is all about. And it’s ours.
In my defence, I was left unsupervised….
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Strength and power with a game plan negates.....
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

loretta wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:06 pm After a few (perhaps too many) glasses of refreshment, I’ve realised something. Today’s final was a true spectacle, fantastic entertainment and a proper arm wrestle with tremendous skill, but very few tries. It was what our sport is all about, but perhaps not what certain parts of the media, dare I say governing bodies, would like it to be. A reminder of what we love to experience of a weekend, skill, commitment and blood and thunder. The thirst for champagne rugby might draw in the casual observer, but this afternoon’s final was far more than that. It was what rugby is all about. And it’s ours.
:smt023 +1
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

loretta wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 10:06 pm After a few (perhaps too many) glasses of refreshment, I’ve realised something. Today’s final was a true spectacle, fantastic entertainment and a proper arm wrestle with tremendous skill, but very few tries. It was what our sport is all about, but perhaps not what certain parts of the media, dare I say governing bodies, would like it to be. A reminder of what we love to experience of a weekend, skill, commitment and blood and thunder. The thirst for champagne rugby might draw in the casual observer, but this afternoon’s final was far more than that. It was what rugby is all about. And it’s ours.
Ferociously contested with no quarter given just what it should be.
What a stadium as well. I know some weren’t happy about it going to football stadium but what an atmosphere
chewbacca
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chewbacca »

+1
I'm not cynical just experienced