Not a new kit Launch.... Tigers Together membership

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Not a new kit Launch.... Tigers Together membership

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Tiglon wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:18 pm Season ticket holders aren't being specifically being targeted, they're just sending it out to their whole database.

And the "personal" messages from players... clearly not in any way personal.
As you say season ticket holders are not being specifically targetted but what a lot of people forget is that not all season ticket holders are on the forum/social media and may have missed the launch of the initiative. We are one of the first clubs to try this sort of method of contact and the club should be praised. The scheme is primarily for people who are not season ticket holders, however I know quite a few season ticket holders who actually want to help the club out financially and have subscribed even though they get most of the benefits as season ticket holders. Also the subscribers can say which area their subscription should be used. The personal messages were a good laugh and made me smile
ads
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ads »

I think the standard membership is a bit rubbish in the fact that you don't get any discount on match tickets. your basically just giving the club £100. Fair enough don't give free tickets for the standard membership but I would have though a discount on tickets might enchorage people to sign up. £168 for a euro shirt and a bithday card, no thanks.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Doghashadhisday wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:56 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:07 am
Doghashadhisday wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:46 pm Why do you say Socios is rubbish?
Because I don't like the pretend "investment" model it's marketed with, or at least was.

I prefer sponsorship deals where the club don't need to provide and FAQ and explanation the week after the deal is launched. By the time Socios arrived at Welford Road, it already had a stinking reputation in football.
The stinking reputation in football you mention was because there were people who thought they could get rich quick by gambling on the price of the fan token or on the Chilliz crypto coin and ended up losing lots of money and then started to cry about it. The Tigers fan token which was available for free to all season ticket holders allows fans to participate in predictions/games to collect reward points which can be redeemed for match tickets and merchandise. Season ticket holders could purchase furhter tokens if they so wished but there was no obligation. Also you dont get bombarded by emails from scammers as is often claimed by people who dont understand how this works.
Thank you for the mansplain...

:smt003 :smt005

Your mansplain still doesn't change the fact that the BRAND had a awful reputation when it moved into rugby.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 9:41 am
Hot_Charlie wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 9:07 am

Because I don't like the pretend "investment" model it's marketed with, or at least was.

I prefer sponsorship deals where the club don't need to provide and FAQ and explanation the week after the deal is launched. By the time Socios arrived at Welford Road, it already had a stinking reputation in football.
The stinking reputation in football you mention was because there were people who thought they could get rich quick by gambling on the price of the fan token or on the Chilliz crypto coin and ended up losing lots of money and then started to cry about it. The Tigers fan token which was available for free to all season ticket holders allows fans to participate in predictions/games to collect reward points which can be redeemed for match tickets and merchandise. Season ticket holders could purchase furhter tokens if they so wished but there was no obligation. Also you dont get bombarded by emails from scammers as is often claimed by people who dont understand how this works.

Your mansplain still doesn't change the fact that the BRAND had a awful reputation when it moved into rugby.
Is this all defunct now? I didn't bother with the tokens, smelled dodgy to me, and I've heard nothing since so am I right to assume it no longer available/ working?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Old Hob wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:04 pm

Is this all defunct now? I didn't bother with the tokens, smelled dodgy to me, and I've heard nothing since so am I right to assume it no longer available/ working?
It's certainly gone very low key. There wasn't as much overt branding on the training kit; the socios logo being relegated to a very small corner of the "(Let's go) TIGERS" branding on the back/sleeve of the training kit.
SETiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by SETiger »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:16 pm

It's certainly gone very low key. There wasn't as much overt branding on the training kit; the socios logo being relegated to a very small corner of the "(Let's go) TIGERS" branding on the back/sleeve of the training kit.
The socios website now has a page saying "We’re making improvements to the app that will land in early 2024. These changes affect our registration process and purchase journey, so we’re temporarily pausing registrations, as well as Fan Token and $CHZ purchases for UK users until these improvements are in place." - but it says you can continue using your tokens.
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

SETiger wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:39 pm
Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:16 pm

The socios website now has a page saying "We’re making improvements to the app that will land in early 2024. These changes affect our registration process and purchase journey, so we’re temporarily pausing registrations, as well as Fan Token and $CHZ purchases for UK users until these improvements are in place." - but it says you can continue using your tokens.
Currently you cant buy Tigers Fan Tokens, also the free tokens for season ticket holders was only for a limited period on initial launch. Looking on the blockchain there are approximately 6,500 token holders. It may have gone quiet for people who didnt take up their tokens but I know people who have the tokens and they are happy with the rewards etc. Socios also sponsored two of the supporters awards at the social so I guess they are still active