Post by trendylfj »

was it really a 6 match ban action?
Hehehehehehehehe
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: jasper's ban

Post by Tiglon »

I guess it's the intentional and unnecessary nature of it, and head to floor with force.

Hard to defend.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think 6 match is the minimum ban for that action, and with previous red cards even though the most recent is 3 years ago, I'm guessing he wasn't eligible for a discount
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

The hearing document talks about 4 bans including this one & "an additional" ban for totting up.

I make it 2 red cards, 1 citing dismissed & the totting up ban. So where is the extra suspension it mentions? They don't deign to list the previous in the hearing notes.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sk 88 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:17 pm The hearing document talks about 4 bans including this one & "an additional" ban for totting up.

I make it 2 red cards, 1 citing dismissed & the totting up ban. So where is the extra suspension it mentions? They don't deign to list the previous in the hearing notes.
I thought he had 2 reds at Cheetahs before he joined us and then one vs Wasps (may be wrong though)
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:38 pm
sk 88 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 3:17 pm The hearing document talks about 4 bans including this one & "an additional" ban for totting up.

I thought he had 2 reds at Cheetahs before he joined us and then one vs Wasps (may be wrong though)
Close. One red in SA, the red vs Wasps and then the ban for cumulative foul play yellow cards (3 yellows in fairly quick succession for foul play being effectively upgraded to a red).
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: Jasper's ban

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 12:00 pm I think 6 match is the minimum ban for that action, and with previous red cards even though the most recent is 3 years ago, I'm guessing he wasn't eligible for a discount
I think his problem with that is he's had one "clean" season, and that was last season. The three yellows was in 21/22.

So only 22/23 has been "good" for the record.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:18 pm

Close. One red in SA, the red vs Wasps and then the ban for cumulative foul play yellow cards (3 yellows in fairly quick succession for foul play being effectively upgraded to a red).
Found it...

He had one red in a cheetahs game vs Cardiff

He had another incident vs Ulster in feb 2020 where he was cited again (it was only 3 matches after his ban from the cardiff)... so wasn't given a red but did get even a yellow in the match, but was cited and he got a ban, so that's why the citing panel talked about 4 bans in his past.

1 red for Cheetahs vs Cardiff
1 citing post match Cheetahs vs Ulster
1 red for Tigers vs Wasps
1 ban for accumulated yellows last Tigers vs Bristol

https://www.sarugbymag.co.za/cheetahs-w ... ban-again/
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:13 pm

Found it...

He had another incident vs Ulster in feb 2020 where he was cited again (it was only 3 matches after his ban from the cardiff)... so wasn't given a red but did get even a yellow in the match, but was cited and he got a ban, so that's why the citing panel talked about 4 bans in his past.

Cheers.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:13 pm

Found it...

Thanks Steve.

I think that's a good example of "not a very good disciplinary record"! :smt003
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Question for the knowledgeable. If South Africa don’t pick him for their summer tests squad would the ban carry over to his new club, as he won’t have missed any fixtures that he was eligible for selection for
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:33 pm Question for the knowledgeable. If South Africa don’t pick him for their summer tests squad would the ban carry over to his new club, as he won’t have missed any fixtures that he was eligible for selection for
My understanding is that providing there is some paperwork somewhere to suggest he "would have been" selected had he not been banned it is sufficient....
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 1:09 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 12:33 pm Question for the knowledgeable. If South Africa don’t pick him for their summer tests squad would the ban carry over to his new club, as he won’t have missed any fixtures that he was eligible for selection for
My understanding is that providing there is some paperwork somewhere to suggest he "would have been" selected had he not been banned it is sufficient....
Thank you