Hotel Brooklyn now Voco

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

sapajo
Super User
Super User

Hotel Brooklyn now Voco

Post by sapajo »

I noticed at the last match that what was the Brooklyn Hotel has now been reposted and branded as "VOCO".

Does anyone have any insight into what has happened and if it has any implications for Tigers future and current revenue stream?
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hotel Brooklyn now Voco

Post by GB72 »

sapajo wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 10:10 am I noticed at the last match that what was the Brooklyn Hotel has now been reposted and branded as "VOCO".

Does anyone have any insight into what has happened and if it has any implications for Tigers future and current revenue stream?
No idea on implications but the hotel has been acquired by another group and is being rebranded.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

I don't think there are any implications for the club at all. A new operator acquired the hotels and decided to rebrand with a far bigger franchise.
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Went there after the game on Saturday and the menu is exactly the same as before.
A2O
Grimlish
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Grimlish »

I noticed that too. Isn’t Voco another IHG brand, just like ‘Hotel Brooklyn’, so merely rebranding or a transfer between one part of the business and another?
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Hotel Brooklyn brand was created and operated by Bespoke Hotels. They sold the brand and the two hotels to Kew Green Hotels, who operate a number of hotels under IHG franchises.

The Hotel Brooklyn brand is being scrapped, and both properties will be rebranded under IHG's Voco.

KGH bought the leasehold from Bespoke, so I would assume that all terms remain the same.

KGH are a less imaginative company than Bespoke, just throwing the IHG cookie cutter templates onto all their properties, so I wouldn't expect great things from the Hotel, but I'm sure it will be successful.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Tiglon wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:50 am Hotel Brooklyn brand was created and operated by Bespoke Hotels. They sold the brand and the two hotels to Kew Green Hotels, who operate a number of hotels under IHG franchises.

The Hotel Brooklyn brand is being scrapped, and both properties will be rebranded under IHG's Voco.

KGH bought the leasehold from Bespoke, so I would assume that all terms remain the same.

KGH are a less imaginative company than Bespoke, just throwing the IHG cookie cutter templates onto all their properties, so I wouldn't expect great things from the Hotel, but I'm sure it will be successful.
Ultimately losing the individuality of one brand brings the mass exposure of the other I suppose. And doesn't affect Tigers' income from it.
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:24 pm
Tiglon wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 11:50 am Hotel Brooklyn brand was created and operated by Bespoke Hotels. They sold the brand and the two hotels to Kew Green Hotels, who operate a number of hotels under IHG franchises.

Ultimately losing the individuality of one brand brings the mass exposure of the other I suppose. And doesn't affect Tigers' income from it.
Agreed, although the Voco brand does not have great awareness, being part of the IHG family is very beneficial.

For Tigers it probably makes no difference at all in the short term. I don't know howlong the lease is, but when it comes to being renewed it may be worth more if the hotel has performed very well up until that point.