Not a new kit Launch.... Tigers Together membership

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Not a new kit Launch.... Tigers Together membership

Post by WirralExile »

I received a text message from Tigers on Tuesday morning, with a link to a "personalised" video from Freddie Steward about this Together stuff. I have renewed my Season Tickets, in the Early Bird window, so I'm not sure if every Season Ticket holder will be getting this.
As a long-standing ST holder, I had not expected this as it appears aimed at non-ST holders. Cannot see any additional benefits for ST holders.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

It does make me smile when I read about long term supporters worrying about a chain of hypothetical events that hasn’t happened yet, and may well not happen, to justify their claim that a 2 tier supporter system is being created and long term supporters are being dis guarded.

Be a lot easier if people dealt in reality and things that have happened.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

WirralExile wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:09 am I received a text message from Tigers on Tuesday morning, with a link to a "personalised" video from Freddie Steward about this Together stuff. I have renewed my Season Tickets, in the Early Bird window, so I'm not sure if every Season Ticket holder will be getting this.
As a long-standing ST holder, I had not expected this as it appears aimed at non-ST holders. Cannot see any additional benefits for ST holders.
You have ruined my day I thought my message from Freddie was unique :smt002
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

I too have received the Freddie message, as did the friend I was with at the time so I think it fair to say it has been sent out to all season ticket holders. There has been a post on Facebook from an unemployed season ticket holder showing what a good supporter he is by also signing up for membership. A friend living in Henley and working in London has kept his season ticket for several years despite working overseas for much of the time. Currently he gets to most matches but does have a problem with Friday nights and some Sundays he tells.me he may well have opted for the membership.option had he been told of our before renewing but if course it was announced after he had paid for next season's ticket.
I don't know what will happen when Tigers next have a limited number of final or semi final tickets to distribute, it is at present a hypothetical situation but I have concerns and I thought this was a place to express those concerns. The club of course has to explore all possible revenue streams but they do have to be sustainable in the long term. We season ticket holders have already seen large increased for fewer matches, if he ticket is to be further reduced in value and status then we should know in advance.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Out of interest, and this is not having a pop at anyone, I am just interested. How often do we have an allocation that is taken up solely by season ticket holders. Is it a regular thing or does our allocation often end up passing down to the general fan base.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

GB72 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:03 pm Out of interest, and this is not having a pop at anyone, I am just interested. How often do we have an allocation that is taken up solely by season ticket holders. Is it a regular thing or does our allocation often end up passing down to the general fan base.
A wider question could be if there are any examples of season ticket holders/ members not being able to attend away matches due to tickets being taken up by general fans
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:08 pm
GB72 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:03 pm Out of interest, and this is not having a pop at anyone, I am just interested. How often do we have an allocation that is taken up solely by season ticket holders. Is it a regular thing or does our allocation often end up passing down to the general fan base.
A wider question could be if there are any examples of season ticket holders/ members not being able to attend away matches due to tickets being taken up by general fans
Based on the issue being discussed being the allocation and first refusal of tickets where we are given a set allowance and whether there would be enough to satisfy season ticket holder demand, I am no sure of the relevance.

If we have had a set allocation in the past, season ticket holders have always had a period of first refusal before the remainder are released to the general public and so the only instances where season ticket holders would not be able to get a ticket is if they have missed their exclusivity window and so their own fault I suppose. I do not think that there is any priority for anyone for general away matches. Not even sure that there are club allocations.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

There is no ticket allocation for general away matches. The limited allocation I refer to is only for finals and semi finals. The past system has been along the lines of season ticket holders, a single ticket, then members, then one plus one a d eventually the general public of course many regular supporters have purchased well in advance from competition organisers in anticipation of their team getting to the final but the actual.allocation for participating teams is well below our season ticket holder numbers. Obviously not all regularly attending Welford Rd will want to or be able to travel to Twickenham or to a Heineken Cup final venue but I certainly know of people that have had difficulty obtaining tickets usually because they have wanted to take a family member to the match and waited for the one plus one. There was of course the instance when the club had to recover 1000 tickets sold to season ticket holders to provide Munster with their quota for a match at our own ground.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:27 pm There is no ticket allocation for general away matches. The limited allocation I refer to is only for finals and semi finals. The past system has been along the lines of season ticket holders, a single ticket, then members, then one plus one a d eventually the general public of course many regular supporters have purchased well in advance from competition organisers in anticipation of their team getting to the final but the actual.allocation for participating teams is well below our season ticket holder numbers. Obviously not all regularly attending Welford Rd will want to or be able to travel to Twickenham or to a Heineken Cup final venue but I certainly know of people that have had difficulty obtaining tickets usually because they have wanted to take a family member to the match and waited for the one plus one. There was of course the instance when the club had to recover 1000 tickets sold to season ticket holders to provide Munster with their quota for a match at our own ground.
I think that is pretty fair. A season ticket gets you first dibs on the allocation. After that people who have paid into the club get next shout. Again, seems fair. Not sure why family of season ticket holders who are not season ticket holders themselves should have a claim above people paying into the club. I am not even sure why they should get access to the allocation ahead of the general public.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

In terms of fairness you are right, but in practice the big match brings out the support. It could be a wife joining her husband for the day out of a weekend away, or a child accompanying a parent, a good time at the occasion can bring a new season ticket holder. Big matches have a way.of producing extra support, Saracens with a 10000 capacity ground that rarely sells out get 50000 plus at Wembly, Harlequins have an attendance average well above Stoope capacity because they hold a couple of well marketed games at Twickenham.
Regular attending supporters are the life blood of the game and they need to feel valued.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I would have thought all supporters should be treated equally or isn’t that creating a 2 tier system
Doghashadhisday
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Doghashadhisday »

Hot_Charlie wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 2:10 pm
GB72 wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:42 pm
kpj tiger wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:27 pm Personally I don't have a problem with this, does it further segregate supporters? Possibly but I don't see how its any different to season tickets and certain supporters being allowed to go to forums etc while others wouldn't even know they were happening.

We've seen in the past that cash flow has been the real club killers, a steady consistent monthly income is something that can really help with that so I think its a good idea. Now is what is on offer worth the money? That's for each person to make their mind up but I'm considering the standard membership as somebody who doesn't get to attend many games for a multitude of factors.
I agree, I see it as being like Patreon on YouTube. Just a chance for those who feel that they are able to contribute a bit extra to the costs of the club (and directly to the playing aspect of the club and not the wider finances) and in exchange they get a few little extras. It is actually something that I would consider as I do not have the time to commit to a season ticket but I would like to do my bit to help the club going forward.
Great analogy. I pay two or three patreon type subs per month for podcasts. I have a modest monthly DD to a professional (profit making) "elite" arts organisation. I choose to do that and I'm lucky enough to be able to afford to do so.

It's all about giving people the choice. No one is being forced to do anything.

And it's a billion or more times preferable to the Scocios rubbish.
I was about to agree with you until your last sentence. I know quite a few people who took up their free tokens and have had fun taking part in predictions/games etc and getting very good rewards from just holding a token. Why do you say Socios is rubbish?
Last edited by Doghashadhisday on Wed May 22, 2024 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:56 pm I would have thought all supporters should be treated equally or isn’t that creating a 2 tier system
Err, I think that's exactly what it's designed to do.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

ourla wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:49 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:56 pm I would have thought all supporters should be treated equally or isn’t that creating a 2 tier system
Err, I think that's exactly what it's designed to do.
Taken out of context
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 3:54 pm In terms of fairness you are right, but in practice the big match brings out the support. It could be a wife joining her husband for the day out of a weekend away, or a child accompanying a parent, a good time at the occasion can bring a new season ticket holder. Big matches have a way.of producing extra support, Saracens with a 10000 capacity ground that rarely sells out get 50000 plus at Wembly, Harlequins have an attendance average well above Stoope capacity because they hold a couple of well marketed games at Twickenham.
Regular attending supporters are the life blood of the game and they need to feel valued.
So in this mythical scenario, you want a ST Holder to have priority access for a family member who hasn't attended a game all season over a member who has attended regularly throughout the season?

I don't really understand what any of the negativity about this membership is about, other than people just wanting to have a moan or be negative as it is fashionable to do so at the moment. This membership is not aimed at ST holders, it is aimed at fans who are remote or cannot attend every fixture. The feedback from those who it is aimed at, from what i can see has been positive, which means it is a successful launch. ST benefits are unchanged and this does not create a two tier fandom. It is just a membership.