Black Lions match

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Black Lions match

Post by RunTigerRun »

Given the teams (and without seeing any of the performance), I'd say that's a huge gutsy effort from the cubs. Congrats to all the young lads!

Looking forward to hearing some reports and to seeing these lads get more game time in the coming season. COYT
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Fair play lads really big performance
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

An enjoyable evening
Well done all
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Really proud of these boys. They quite clearly wanted it more. Cockers won't be pleased.
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Very well done Tigers! REALLY PROUD OF YOU! You played with courage and skill. Thank you.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Fantastic effort by the whole squad.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Well played.
There’s some talent coming through.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Seb Smith was the replacement hooker, I think.
ABClub
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by ABClub »

Delighted to get back in and see I was proved so wrong. I expected a very one sided affair when seeing the sides.

Any main standouts?
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

It was a very enjoyable game, pity not many there to see the lads who put in a great effort. I found it difficult to pick out players to individually praise, we played in red with A-O and beyond on their backs and I found it very difficult to read or see who was who, especially as I didnt recognise each player.
One player it was easy to pick out was Lions 10, he to my mind was outstanding. I never expected us to win so very well done lads, I enjoyed it, it was a fast running game is very poor conditions weatherwise.
Those who listened probably got a better understanding as to who was who but I just enjoyed seeing the ball run with by some very quick players. Yes there was some kicking in game but I felt it was a more running game than seen in the first team games.
ps Wilkinsons place kicking was exceptional in those conditions.
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

ABClub wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:25 pm That's strong.

The centre's are excellent given our selection. Merab Sharikadze is a 100 cap international and terrific 13. Tapladze is a strong runner who played in the RWC. Kveseladze on the bench is classy player. That's Georgia's centres. Which two start changes but the names don't but for injury. Not only that, it's one of Georgia's stronger positions currently.

Matkava is a quality 10 and starting for Georgia ahead of Tedo Abzhandadze now. The latter I actually think is a slightly better player to be honest. Matkava is still a very decent FH though, certainly in the top 2 Georgia have by a distance.

In the back three. Modebadze and Tabutsadze (quality player to watch out for) are more Georgia starters. Whilst Aptsiauri is a well rated player just out of age grade rugby.

In the pack. Tcheisvili is a Georgia starter now and a big unit compared to the kids. Ivanishvili and Zamtaradze were at the RWC. Spandersashvili was starting through REC.

It's going to take something fairly heroic from the 23 we've named just to prevent this being a battering. That Black Lion 23 should just have too much power. Guys like Ilione, Carnduff, Whitcombe and FTT in the forwards will need to step-up. Woodward, Myall and Davies are going to get one hell of an examination in midfield too.
ABC how do you know all this? Impressive!
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

RunTigerRun wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:26 pm Given the teams (and without seeing any of the performance), I'd say that's a huge gutsy effort from the cubs. Congrats to all the young lads!

Looking forward to hearing some reports and to seeing these lads get more game time in the coming season. COYT
Agreed. I'd expected our youngsters to be physically overwhelmed but it seems not. Well done to them and to the coaches who, apparently, DO know a bit more than we who only watch. :smt001
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

I think Cusick and Edwards going does seem to potentially be a case of the club rating Allan and Myall ahead
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

An impressive performance from a young team. Wilkinson who I had not seen play before was excellent I kicking for goal.landing touchline conversions, I was also impressed by the speedy scrumhalf Allen and the also speedy right wing Kinder who was not afraid to tackle or go for a high balll. I had not previously seen either of those lads play before. Our forwards were solid against a bigger more experienced pack, lineout were definitely a plus for us and defence was immense.
A good game well worth attending, I was very disappointed that so many fans failed to support the club in staging this game.
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

LE18: The number 10 was that Luka Matkava as he is only 22 listed as being scrum & fly half, starting as scrum half in Rugby Europe Under-18 Championship in 2019.

So I assume he then moved the Fly Half as from 2022, he played there & then in 2023 he played in all Georgia's game in the 2023 Rugby Europe Championship, He then made his Rugby World Cup vs Australia.
Also played vs Glos in the Challenge Cup scored a try but they lost 10-15

So if what you say is true about what you saw & thought, then with the Cockers connection he & others maybe in the minds of the club.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022