Doom and Gloom

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Doom and Gloom

Post by Postiger2 »

Thought we were really solid for 69 minutes yesterday. Still can't quite believe what happened in the last 11
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

The fitness, or lack of it, is interesting. Yesterday, I was impressed by the speed of all of our players getting back to their feet and into position when defending - snuffing out Bristol attacks, and I thought at the time, how tiring that looked. The bench just did not bring the same levels of energy.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:13 pm The fitness, or lack of it, is interesting. Yesterday, I was impressed by the speed of all of our players getting back to their feet and into position when defending - snuffing out Bristol attacks, and I thought at the time, how tiring that looked. The bench just did not bring the same levels of energy.
I have boringly repeated that the real coaching loss was Aled Walters. Bears were out on their feet at 60 mins, we were shot at 70 and they brought on two notorious broken field runners.
That few percent of fitness is what Aled gave us.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Overall this season the whole "Tigers" brand etc had looked a bit off, stick it all together & it creates a scenario of it all being a bit.

The team(s) results & performances haven't been great.
We have had a issue with a coach in both the Men's & Womens team.
Another salary cap fine.
The general standard of communication from the club being poor.
The financial situation of Tigers & the pro. game in England in general being a basket case.

Add it all together & it's makes everything seem worse than it probably is.

The coaches deserve time to prove themselves, constantly changing gets you nowhere see numerous football clubs for example.

The club as a whole needs to buck it's ideas up.

As for player recruitment it seems to have been less effective since McGinty "left".
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:01 pm Overall this season the whole "Tigers" brand etc had looked a bit off, stick it all together & it creates a scenario of it all being a bit.

Another salary cap fine.
The financial situation of Tigers & the pro. game in England in general being a basket case.

The coaches deserve time to prove themselves, constantly changing gets you nowhere see numerous football clubs for example.

As for player recruitment it seems to have been less effective since McGinty "left".
Mcginty has absolutely been one of the biggest loses along with Walter’s, our recruiting as been extremely reminiscent of 5/6 years ago, of bring in average players, since Borthwick bough in Wilkes to recruit, who then bought in his brother to run the academy and since then been one progress through there either.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Stephen18 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:11 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:01 pm Overall this season the whole "Tigers" brand etc had looked a bit off, stick it all together & it creates a scenario of it all being a bit.

Another salary cap fine.

Mcginty has absolutely been one of the biggest loses along with Walter’s, our recruiting as been extremely reminiscent of 5/6 years ago, of bring in average players, since Borthwick bough in Wilkes to recruit, who then bought in his brother to run the academy and since then been one progress through there either.
If you are going to suggest nepotism with the two Wilks brother maybe get the order right because David Wilks was massive in transforming our academy when he was brought in as academy manager nearly 9 years ago!!!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

On a slightly more positive note Exeter are thrashing Glos so by the end of the day hopefully our top 8 (makes me shudder to have such low expectations) will be confirmed and our place in the Champions Cup 2025. At least we shouldn't finish outside the top 8 if it continues this way...
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 pm On a slightly more positive note Exeter are thrashing Glos so by the end of the day hopefully our top 8 (makes me shudder to have such low expectations) will be confirmed and our place in the Champions Cup 2025. At least we shouldn't finish outside the top 8 if it continues this way...
Not bothered about Europe but happy for the clubs finances
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Perhaps a naive query, but here I go. What is Aled actually doing with the England set up when there is only planning to do? Is he visiting clubs to check on players - advise them?
My point is, is there any way he could be re-hired as a part-time consultant?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm Perhaps a naive query, but here I go. What is Aled actually doing with the England set up when there is only planning to do? Is he visiting clubs to check on players - advise them?
I thought he is employed as the England fitness coach?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Old Hob wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:59 pm Perhaps a naive query, but here I go. What is Aled actually doing with the England set up when there is only planning to do? Is he visiting clubs to check on players - advise them?

I believe all the coaches travel round the clubs also do things like train with other coaches in different sports etc
albany
Tiger Cub

Post by albany »

Ollie Richardson (present Head of S&C) is a very experienced coach. I don’t think he would tolerate a consultant being brought in.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

As several of our players were with England I assume Aled had a hand in their fitness anyway.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

sapajo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:24 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:22 pm On a slightly more positive note Exeter are thrashing Glos so by the end of the day hopefully our top 8 (makes me shudder to have such low expectations) will be confirmed and our place in the Champions Cup 2025. At least we shouldn't finish outside the top 8 if it continues this way...
If Gloucester were to win the Challenge Cup, they would take the 8th English place in the Champions Cup....Tigers would then be in the Challenge Cup if they finish 8th!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Tigerbeat wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:40 pm
sapajo wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:24 pm
If Gloucester were to win the Challenge Cup, they would take the 8th English place in the Champions Cup....Tigers would then be in the Challenge Cup if they finish 8th!
Ohhhhh and that would really be the final nail in the coffin for this season horribilus :smt010