Tigers v Saints (A) - Premiership - Saturday 20th April 2024 - KO: 15-05

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Yorkietiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Tigers v Saints (A) - Premiership - Saturday 20th April 2024 - KO: 15-05

Post by Yorkietiger »

Have not watched this game so cannot comment on who played well or who did not. However, last time I looked rugby union was a game for fifteen not fourteen or thirteen, which is how we seem to play it.

Just exactly how are we supposed to compete with anyone if we cannot maintain discipline and keep a full set of players on the field? We almost screwed it up against the Falcons last time out with the same issue.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Agreed and with no attack to boot
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
cheltexile

Post by cheltexile »

Yorkietiger wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:58 pm Have not watched this game so cannot comment on who played well or who did not. However, last time I looked rugby union was a game for fifteen not fourteen or thirteen, which is how we seem to play it.

Just exactly how are we supposed to compete with anyone if we cannot maintain discipline and keep a full set of players on the field? We almost screwed it up against the Falcons last time out with the same issue.
You know, if it happens on the regular across the squad, it might be a coaching issue.
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

It's all tactical you see... setting us up nicely to annihilate them in the semis at Franklin's Gardens :smt003
Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Qbec »

How some of you can call yourselves supporters l will never know.
It seems more like a game of who can put the worst comments up gets a prize. So we'll done
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Qbec wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:02 pm How some of you can call yourselves supporters l will never know.
It seems more like a game of who can put the worst comments up gets a prize. So we'll done
Its a discussion board……..
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Cannot wait for the post match weazel words from Mckellar he needs to finally get a grip of this squad and the abundant issues that are their for every one can see it's a season horriblus and some players who are still here next year have gone backwards
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Offside wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:03 pm
Qbec wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:02 pm How some of you can call yourselves supporters l will never know.
Its a discussion board……..
Yep and not limited to papering over the enormous cracks
Retiredseven
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Retiredseven »

cheltexile wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:59 pm
Yorkietiger wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:58 pm Have not watched this game so cannot comment on who played well or who did not. However, last time I looked rugby union was a game for fifteen not fourteen or thirteen, which is how we seem to play it.

You know, if it happens on the regular across the squad, it might be a coaching issue.
A lot of the mistakes could be described as 'coach killers'.

If DMK is trying to implement new systems and changes i think it is fair to expect it to take time to click. I think we have seen signs of what he is trying to acheive and it looks good to me. I think it is important not to underestimate the importance of long term continuity.
Postiger2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postiger2 »

Really thought we were well in it, until the red card. Thought we were decent for the first 50 minutes or so. I honestly thought Ridley was right with his initial analysis when he said yellow. It's a shame the TMO kept pushing for a red.

Losing Tommy was big, too. Sorry, but Cracknell offers nothing for me.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Except it wasn't. Shillcock and Kata were poor execution by players that should know better.

The game changed when Reffell went off. End of story for me. After that point we couldn't go after the Saints breakdown like we were when we were on top. Cracknell is not even close to a like for like replacement, he's just not an openside.
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

Given the disparity in available players the result didn't surprise me. I'm happy to give McKellar time, I think the whole attack coach fiasco is a poor reflection on the club management, feels like he's been dealt a bum hand!
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Fitness clearly an issue since Aled left. Back to the old second half collapses.
Father Time has overtaken Young’s and Wells.
Our scrum was feeble. Our loose heads are just not of Premiership level as our are bench back rows. Cronin overweight and lazy.
Pollard ambling around. You can see why the French lost patience with him.
Butchering first half tries and poor discipline. Getting marched back 10 for backchat has happened more this season.

Backs moves? One and the greedy full back didn’t pass this the wing in space.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Retiredseven wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 pm

A lot of the mistakes could be described as 'coach killers'.

If DMK is trying to implement new systems and changes i think it is fair to expect it to take time to click. I think we have seen signs of what he is trying to acheive and it looks good to me. I think it is important not to underestimate the importance of long term continuity.
Fair play to him our attack looked good in the first half. Struggled in the second half which we played pretty much entirely down to 14 which maybe isn't a surprise.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

mol2 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:08 pm Fitness clearly an issue since Aled left. Back to the old second half collapses.
You can't play with 14 men against Saints for 50 mins and not expect to see the players blowing.