LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - KANGAROO MCKELLER: Do you come from a land down under? (Squad thread pt 2)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - KANGAROO MCKELLER: Do you come from a land down under? (Squad thread pt 2)

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:08 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:00 pm
Rugby Inside Line have treated a teaser about a Tigers transfer rumour being released by them at 8pm tonight.
What sort of treat are we expecting Kingy :smt046
God knows, could be anything coming from the fans of the noisy neighbours.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - KANGAROO MCKELLER: Do you come from a land down under? (Squad thread pt 2)

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

isn't it obvious? we're signing all 3 Barrett brothers ...
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:19 pm isn't it obvious? we're signing all 3 Barrett brothers ...
I thought it was the long-awaited signing of JMH or McKenzie....
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Munster interested in Dan Kelly to replace Frisch
Last edited by longlivethecrumbie on Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:00 pm Munster interested in Dan Kelly to replace Fisch
TRANSFER RUMOUR: We have heard that Munster are interested in Dan Kelly.

The Leicester centre has previously played for Ireland U20 and was last capped by England in 2021.

Munster are facing the possibility of losing Frisch to France which will likely require a transfer fee.

Outgoing was not quite what I’d hoped for when they said transfer rumour
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

This is from RIL... let's be honest...

We have been officially rumoured to be losing 4 of our centres...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

That just feels like such a empty bun story.
Zero meat in it.
Like let's be real a lot of teams are going to be interested in Kelly, until it changes to discussions i'm even bothering giving RIL an impression

My take on rumour language in media
Interested in = Not even talked too
In talks = Agent talk
Had discussions = Active mutual interest
Signed = done deal
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:03 pm That just feels like such a empty bun story.
Zero meat in it.
Like let's be real a lot of teams are going to be interested in Kelly, until it changes to discussions i'm even bothering giving RIL an impression

In talks = Agent talk
Signed = done deal
Munster interested in potentially IQ centre is hardly news is it?

Kelly was in the England squad 12 months ago until injury. Not much indication he wants to close his options at this point, if he switched to Ireland that would be that, he could never change again.

He signed a new contract announced in Jan 2023, which one would presume runs from summer 2023 to either summer 2025 or summer 2026 given his age & ability.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

sk 88 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:15 pm
RagingBull wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:03 pm That just feels like such a empty bun story.
Zero meat in it.

In talks = Agent talk
Signed = done deal

Kelly was in the England squad 12 months ago until injury. Not much indication he wants to close his options at this point, if he switched to Ireland that would be that, he could never change again.

He signed a new contract announced in Jan 2023, which one would presume runs from summer 2023 to either summer 2025 or summer 2026 given his age & ability.
Pretty much, IRFU already tried to sign him with Connacht
It will do it's job because people will tweet at them etc.

But even by RIL interested in is extremely weak.
Also does the IRFU even care about Munster backs? Frisch was lured to Munster by the IRFU and didn't get picked, Haley got what one cap?
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:00 pm Munster interested in Dan Kelly to replace Frisch
In the seventies I was interested in Debbie Harry but it didn’t come to anything
A2O
fentiger
Super User
Super User

Post by fentiger »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:03 pm
longlivethecrumbie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:00 pm Munster interested in Dan Kelly to replace Frisch
In the seventies I was interested in Debbie Harry but it didn’t come to anything
If you're still interested in her in her seventies then questions may be asked :smt044
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Bruce Reihana has parted ways with Brive
Could thing of worse back coaches
Won the top 14
Has Prem experience
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Outside of the nonsense Dan Kelly rumours from RIL...

With the fact there was a teaser a few people were mentioning other rumours (as possibilities of who the rumour could be)

Seems a few people are saying we've had semi-serious chats with Sam Simmonds r.e. a return to the prem
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:24 pm Outside of the nonsense Dan Kelly rumours from RIL...

With the fact there was a teaser a few people were mentioning other rumours (as possibilities of who the rumour could be)

Seems a few people are saying we've had semi-serious chats with Sam Simmonds r.e. a return to the prem
Can confirm we spoke with Simmons. Had that double confirmed by someone from the National media too.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:18 pm
sk 88 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:15 pm
Zero meat in it.

In talks = Agent talk
Signed = done deal

Pretty much, IRFU already tried to sign him with Connacht
It will do it's job because people will tweet at them etc.

But even by RIL interested in is extremely weak.
Also does the IRFU even care about Munster backs? Frisch was lured to Munster by the IRFU and didn't get picked, Haley got what one cap?
Kelly wouldn't be IQ for at least one more season iirc so Munster would need to get the IRFU to agree to let them have him as a project player. The issue with Frisch is that Munster now have two non-IQ centres which they are apparently not allowed so it looks likely they'll do a deal to let a French club buy Frisch out as he wants to play for France.