Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Qbec
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Post by Qbec »

I am very proud to say that was a fantastic performance Tigers.
Tigers The Home Of World Class Rugby

11th Premiership Rugby Champions 2022
Tigerbeat

Re: Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Post by Tigerbeat »

Defence was unpicked against probably the best attacking back line….nothing of that standard in the Premiership….a world class backline won the game for Leinster.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

Proud of the lads tonight.

Add Martin, Chessum and Reffell into that. Watson too when fully fit and that’s a good sign.

Leinster too clinical today but that showed a good performance to me. Credit to the lads
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:42 pm
Tigersunited wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:37 pm
TigerReggie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:35 pm

Guys on the radio said one betting (I think) company gave us a 4% chance of winning

I wouldn’t say incredibly, done well but still stuffed at the end of the day.
Not stuffed at all.. yes the scoreline is a 14 point margin (as it stands) but that’s a butchered walk in for us and an interception against the run of play away from extra time!
[/quote

Ok still not having incredibly well, we did ok but got beaten, end of.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

I await the retort from the ‘don’t blame the ref’ brigade but this has been absolutely dire officiating tonight. The scrum has been a mess from the word go, Leinster have been very cynical at every single breakdown, they’ve got away with numerous forward passes and at least a few deliberate knock ons and yet, despite the comments of the commentators about Leinster walking away with it tonight we had a 14 point swing by butchering a walk in and gifting them an interception.. 22-22 with 10 to play and I reckon we had every chance tonight. Ultimately, we weren’t clinical enough, the better side won but we pushed them all the way despite that scoreline and the lads can hold their heads up high
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Stephen18 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:46 pm Unfortunately looks like the games gone but so much better today, attack a lot better, if trying to push it but I happy for them to try this here against a team knowone gives us a chance in. Great to see us look a bit unfortunately again team that play together full time any mistakes punished. Again most prem teams this performance would be a bonus point win. I was at Newcastle last week and this would have blown them away, same with Gloucester. Worry is are players like pollard, Cronin big game players who struggle to get for the likes of Newcastle. Shilcock made a big difference at 15 seem more natural for pollard to have a playmaker at 15 rather than centre same as South Africa. Best game by cracknall for a while probablybour man of the match and jvp has looked like he’s never been out.scrum held up brilliantly lacking 1st choice 2nd row. Although it wasted Steward on the wing.
Tigers86asw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigers86asw »

We were so much better today. An intercept away really- small margins. Really pleasing to see our improvements.

Difference in the two sides summed up by who they brought off the bench compared to us.
Harley1850
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Harley1850 »

Well done tigers played to win and didn't roll over were beaten by a national team and v poor officiating
Now play like that against stains please as we are sitting surrounded by them at Franklin's gardens in two weeks
I think you enjoy the game more if you don't know the rules. Anyway, you're on the same wavelength as the referees.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Can’t help thinking that if we’d played that well against prem teams this season we’d be a lot higher than seventh….

Bizarrely, that was an excellent Leicester performance.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Hopefully Freddie will work on his game playing and / or coming off his wing and contribute. Looks like with Pollard we need a play maker at 15. Our attack needs to make space in the middle rather than go wide too quickly with intercept-able long passes.

Tigers did show more attack and more endeavour. Hopefully carry it on to the run in of the prem. if so it could be fun.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

We play better against good teams and lose to supposedly worse teams
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Proud of Tigers there...

Play like that vs Saints and we win there...

Can someone point out what letter of the alphabet is at the end of Steward's name? (And what did they call Clare when he scored his try)
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Truefollower
Tiger Cub

Post by Truefollower »

I believe that was a fair performance tonight playing against Ireland refereed by Mr Bean! Take that sort of performance into the premiership and we have a chance. This was a free hit and we did ok. At least we did better than salarysons.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

RunTigerRun wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:49 pm Proud of the lads tonight.

Add Martin, Chessum and Reffell into that. Watson too when fully fit and that’s a good sign.

Leinster too clinical today but that showed a good performance to me. Credit to the lads
I thought their replacements did well, they didnt let us down, hope they arnt rusty when they come back in. I am very pleased with the attacking style we played tonight, need to practise a bit more but we got rid of that awful kicking game and tried to play proper rugby. Well done lads, hopefully that will keep our supporters interested. :smt038
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

Kelly had his mojo back.

In defence I don't think Kelly and Kata work, but in attack tonight it worked really well.
Kelly's passing is such a point of difference, if he can bring that next season at 12 with Perese at 13 and Kata off the bench then watch out teams