Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Re: Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Post by RagingBull »

Honestly don't like saying this cause he is a great 15.

But did it take injuries last week to discover that Shillcock being out wide at 15 adds so much more options than Steward at 15 in attack

Our attack last week when Shillcock came on also looked better
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Re: Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Scoreline will make it look like the drubbing many expected but this could have gone either way. Some very poor officiating, an interception against the run of play when they were a man down and a butchered walk in for us..

Better side has probably won but we looked good in attack tonight. JvP looked very good, don’t rate Whitely, would rather see Edwards get the nod, big shifts by Hanro, Cracknell and Jesper.. OHC had some great moments but needs to back himself more. Shilcock played well at 15.

Learn from tonight, keep up this attacking plan and head back to the Prem better for it..
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

RagingBull wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:36 pm Our bench was never going to win us the game today.

hopefully Ilione and Carnduff will enjoy it
Exactly, A great way to learn for the future
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

I have enjoyed the game and yes, accuracy and missed chances have led to the score line and we were beaten by the better team, but if we had put the same effort against most other teams we would have won comfortably
Hehehehehehehehe
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Great effort by the whole team: well played Leinster and we just had a couple of things that didn’t go our way. Personally I felt that tonight we competed hard and though the attack still wasn’t clinical enough there were signs we can play a more balanced game. Another try through their line out mistake.
Now don’t let Leinster in for a last try. And now the ref is giving penalties to us that we could have had earlier!
Proud of the team: defence needs further work.
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

Tigersunited wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:37 pm
TigerReggie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:35 pm
OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:33 pm

Fine margins at this level.. given most had written us off before KO I’d say the lads have done incredibly well..
Guys on the radio said one betting (I think) company gave us a 4% chance of winning

I wouldn’t say incredibly, done well but still stuffed at the end of the day.
Not stuffed at all.. yes the scoreline is a 14 point margin (as it stands) but that’s a butchered walk in for us and an interception against the run of play away from extra time!
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

OakhamTiger32 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:41 pm Scoreline will make it look like the drubbing many expected but this could have gone either way. Some very poor officiating, an interception against the run of play when they were a man down and a butchered walk in for us..

Better side has probably won but we looked good in attack tonight. JvP looked very good, don’t rate Whitely, would rather see Edwards get the nod, big shifts by Hanro, Cracknell and Jesper.. OHC had some great moments but needs to back himself more. Shilcock played well at 15.

Learn from tonight, keep up this attacking plan and head back to the Prem better for it..
Absolutely, Martin, Heyes, Reffell and Chessum to return 👍
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Lots of talk of improved attack. Whilst I agree we look better going forward we still can’t covert inside the 22. We have absolutely butchered 3 or 4 opportunities that could have put us in with a chance.

Defence was shocking, attached still rubbish
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

That is a yellow card all day long. Officials have done is no favours tonight.. none.. and now another deliberate knock on..
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

4 deliberate knocks on by Leinster I count. Two in the last few minutes! And only one ONE yellow card
Last edited by aslongaswebeatsaints on Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

And that was a penalty all day long.
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Unfortunately looks like the games gone but so much better today, attack a lot better, if trying to push it but I happy for them to try this here against a team knowone gives us a chance in. Great to see us look a bit unfortunately again team that play together full time any mistakes punished. Again most prem teams this performance would be a bonus point win. I was at Newcastle last week and this would have blown them away, same with Gloucester. Worry is are players like pollard, Cronin big game players who struggle to get for the likes of Newcastle. Shilcock made a big difference at 15 seem more natural for pollard to have a playmaker at 15 rather than centre same as South Africa. Best game by cracknall for a while, scrum held up brilliantly lacking 1st choice 2nd row. Although it wasted Steward on the wing.
Last edited by Stephen18 on Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Offside
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Offside »

Can we have south African refs?
LittleBigG

Post by LittleBigG »

Tbf.... against anyone anyone other than the likes of Leinster or La Rochelle we would have annihilated them

Much, much better than recent games
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

First game in a while I genuinely could see us building on

My hope Saints have a tough game v Munster and even tougher next week