Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Downsouth

Re: Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Post by Downsouth »

It was always going to be tough but given Steward and Shilcock are starting to have Brown who is primarily a fullback on the bench suggests we don't really have any other backs left fit.

I hate a 6 2 split but this could have been the game for it...if we have any forwards left. I just hope its a precaution.

I still think we should have started Ilione at 7 as we probably need to try something different as well as luck, and a competent ref ....to have any real chance.

It's 15 against 15 and you never know (probably)
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Post by Ian Cant »

Nothing to lose so just show pride in the shirt but for me the main thing is no injuries as the next game v Saints we have to get some points then hope we get a reasonably fit side out for the last few league games. It’s a shame that for what is supposed to be the top competition we’ve been unlucky with injuries whereas apart from a couple of players Leinster again have a very decent team out.
No Heyes either so Dan will have to play 60+ minutes.
Looking at other Premiership teams this weekend we are by far the worst hit.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

I won't be watching, as I consider, and have done for some time, that this is a massively biased/fixed/uneven etc competition. I also hate the baloney about Leinster - they have huge advantages that can only be nullified by the big money French. I remember Donncha O'C commenting on how they'd never survive the Prem, not being able to rest players etc. And no, I'm not a carping Anglo.
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

jgriffin wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:34 pm I won't be watching, as I consider, and have done for some time, that this is a massively biased/fixed/uneven etc competition. I also hate the baloney about Leinster - they have huge advantages that can only be nullified by the big money French. I remember Donncha O'C commenting on how they'd never survive the Prem, not being able to rest players etc. And no, I'm not a carping Anglo.
Brian O'driscoll will be exploding with superlatives and Dayglo will be ecstatic still yet to decide if I need to bear witness to this game as its the hope that kills you.
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TiltonTiger

Post by TiltonTiger »

There’s the old adage that to prove you’re the best you must go head to head with the strongest opposition. Just seems a bit bizarre that we keep having to do so more than once
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Well this will be a massacre. Glad I'm going to miss it.

Best we can hope is we :censored: their nose on the way down and the young lads off the bench get a good bit of time on the pitch.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

sapajo wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:42 pm
jgriffin wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:34 pm I won't be watching, as I consider, and have done for some time, that this is a massively biased/fixed/uneven etc competition. I also hate the baloney about Leinster - they have huge advantages that can only be nullified by the big money French. I remember Donncha O'C commenting on how they'd never survive the Prem, not being able to rest players etc. And no, I'm not a carping Anglo.
Brian O'driscoll will be exploding with superlatives and Dayglo will be ecstatic still yet to decide if I need to bear witness to this game as its the hope that kills you.
No doubt fan boy will be there as well to provide the cherry on top of the cake.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Greenwhiteandred
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Greenwhiteandred »

DMK showing his conservative nature in my opinion. We have little chance but less chance without someone to slow down the Leinster ball - it’s a shot to nothing so why not be a bit more adventurous and start Illione at 7 and possibly Carnduff at lock instead of Wells, who seems to have gone backwards since SB left. That would provide some breakdown threat to keep Leinster honest. Whitecombe not on the bench is scandalous and shows DMK is adverse to bringing through youth ……. All in my opinion of course.
I will be cheering them on from the Aviva but I think it might be a long night!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Orla Chennaoui as main presenter on TNT, I can’t get on with it I’m afraid. Not sure why Sarra has been “sidelined” to the undercard but I preferred her. I guess Leinster Craig will be like a kid in a sweet shop for our game !?
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Anyone seen the Leinster team sheet?
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:43 am DMK showing his conservative nature in my opinion. We have little chance but less chance without someone to slow down the Leinster ball - it’s a shot to nothing so why not be a bit more adventurous and start Illione at 7 and possibly Carnduff at lock instead of Wells, who seems to have gone backwards since SB left. That would provide some breakdown threat to keep Leinster honest. Whitecombe not on the bench is scandalous and shows DMK is adverse to bringing through youth ……. All in my opinion of course.
Ilione would get blasted by the Leinster back row and Carnduff is a stone and a half short of weight to be start at lock at this level. Really don’t know why when he comes on he goes to 6 and Liebenberg goes to lock
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:48 am Anyone seen the Leinster team sheet?
Previous page on this thread
nicmattyg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by nicmattyg »

Head says we’ll do well to keep it under 50.

Heart says stranger things have happened (England Ireland a few weeks ago - nobody gave them a chance)

I’ll be watching and supporting with a beer in hand, hoping for the best and with zero expectation of a result. COYT!
OakhamTiger32
Super User
Super User

Post by OakhamTiger32 »

voice of the crumbie wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 9:48 am Anyone seen the Leinster team sheet?
Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets)
15. Hugo Keenan (63)
14. Jordan Larmour (101)
13. Robbie Henshaw (85)
12. Jamie Osborne (40)
11. James Lowe (75)
10. Ross Byrne (155)
9. Jamison Gibson-Park (135)
1. Andrew Porter (115)
2. Dan Sheehan (56)
3. Tadhg Furlong (140)
4. Ross Molony (175)
5. Joe McCarthy (29)
6. Ryan Baird (63)
7. Josh van der Flier (136)
8. Caelan Doris (76) CAPTAIN

Replacements:
16. Rónan Kelleher (56)
17. Cian Healy (272)
18. Michael Ala’alatoa (62)
19. Jason Jenkins (32)
20. Jack Conan (140)
21. Ben Murphy (11)
22. Harry Byrne (62)
23. Ciarán Frawley (80)
Oakham lad born and bred, Tigers season ticket holder who is enjoying steady progression back towards the good old days!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Greenwhiteandred wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:43 am DMK showing his conservative nature in my opinion. We have little chance but less chance without someone to slow down the Leinster ball - it’s a shot to nothing so why not be a bit more adventurous and start Illione at 7 and possibly Carnduff at lock instead of Wells, who seems to have gone backwards since SB left. That would provide some breakdown threat to keep Leinster honest. Whitecombe not on the bench is scandalous and shows DMK is adverse to bringing through youth ……. All in my opinion of course.
We only stopped giving pens away vs Newcastle when Carnduff moved to 6 and Wiese moved to lock
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.