Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Good team all things considered - especially the back 3.

Glad we haven’t taken any risks with our returning test players. What’s the point in risking injury when they’re not 100%.

Their team especially the bench is ridiculous mind.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Leinster mind games begin? - Champions Cup (A) - Saturday 06th April 2024 - KO:8:00pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

GB72 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:02 pm Looks like Martin, Chessum and Reffel are injured. That is pretty much any chance we had. Hate to be pessimistic but we needed them.
If we loose then couple of weeks off before Saints hopefully they will have recovered by then
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

As we thought, Leinster's "injury concerns" were probably minor niggles.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:03 pm No Martin, Chessum or Reffell - it's a worry unless they're being "saved" to be ready for Saints away.
Reported as coming back from 6 nations as battered, no point in making them worse
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

I expect to be 14-0 down and the game over within the first 10 minutes
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:06 pm
westwinds31 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:03 pm No Martin, Chessum or Reffell - it's a worry unless they're being "saved" to be ready for Saints away.
Reported as coming back from 6 nations as battered, no point in making them worse
Battered but fine for Reffell and Chessum to turn out vs Gloucester ??!! "We're going for every trophy that we're in" doesn't really add up.
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Still don't understand Kelly at 13. Simply hasn't worked.

Assuming Scott is fit would have liked to have seen

12: Keely
13: Scott
14: Kata

As something a bit different to what we've already tried multiple times this season and hasn't really worked.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Not ideal, obviously, and I go in with no expectations. Just hoping we come through unscathed.

That said, happy to see Shillcock named as a 15.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Think the lack of power in the 2nd row and any real threat at the breakdown without Reffell will mean Leinster will secure plenty of quick ball and run up a decent score.

Our bench front row is pretty average too so after 50mins I think we’ll be struggling at the set piece. Think Dan might be playing 65+ mins if we can hold them to within a score or two.

As we know - if we have any injuries we can only put out a decent to good club standard XV but that’s tough to cope against a pretty much full blown international 23.
Last edited by DeadlyDunc on Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:09 pm
Battered but fine for Reffell and Chessum to turn out vs Gloucester ??!! "We're going for every trophy that we're in" doesn't really add up.
And neither was anywhere near their best especially Reffell who was no where near his best. They also could have made any issues worse. Very easy to read into things that aren’t there, and also why would Mckellar lie, his latest statement was they were touch and go and that the 6 nations hadn’t done them any favours
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:14 pm

And neither was anywhere near their best especially Reffell who was no where near his best. They also could have made any issues worse. Very easy to read into things that aren’t there, and also why would Mckellar lie, his latest statement was they were touch and go and that the 6 nations hadn’t done them any favours
Who said he was lying ? The comms could be better. I'm disappointed that we're not sending our gun 23. I'm still annoyed that we've actually drawn Leinster again.

if they're injured then fine, I have no reason to dispute that. Every player in Europe is battered at this time of the season, carrying knocks etc. It's a case of managing contract/training and patching up for game day. Obviously not in 3 of our international's cases, which leads me to believe that their injuries are worse than just the normal week to week niggles. For these 3 players, who are at the start of their club careers, it's a worry.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

If we are within 20 points at the final whistle I would take that.
Once Tommy went off at WR it was game over.

Few round pegs in square holes in that starting XV.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:19 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:14 pm

Who said he was lying ? The comms could be better. I'm disappointed that we're not sending our gun 23. I'm still annoyed that we've actually drawn Leinster again.

if they're injured then fine, I have no reason to dispute that. Every player in Europe is battered at this time of the season, carrying knocks etc. It's a case of managing contract/training and patching up for game day. Obviously not in 3 of our international's cases, which leads me to believe that their injuries are worse than just the normal week to week niggles. For these 3 players, who are at the start of their club careers, it's a worry.
Don’t get why everything that isn’t totally explainable is a worry, but that’s your opinion. It could be just not recovering as quickly as hoped, look at JVP.
Realistically Saints beat Munster and have another European game, we loose have a week off and have a fully fit firing squad in 2 weeks. Sometimes coaches have to make hard calls

I’m also unsure why you’re annoyed we’ve drawn Leinster again that’s just how the pools worked out, it wasn’t pre determined
Last edited by Rugbygramps on Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:23 pm If we are within 20 points at the final whistle I would take that.

Such as
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:27 pm
Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:23 pm If we are within 20 points at the final whistle I would take that.

Such as
Freddie on the wing
Hatherell in second row
Kelly at 13