Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 23/24 Injury/Suspension/Absent International List

Post by GB72 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:20 am
GB72 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am Very much me readying too much into it but comments like 'won't be playing any time soon' and 'taking a long term approach' come across as very negative which is unlike most injury briefings and you have to wonder whether it is getting near time for him to call it a day. Would be very sad as, on his day, he is one of the best, but you do not mess around with back injuries as they can be life affecting if you push it too far.

I would sadly not be surprised to see an end of season retirement.
Agree there.

I think retirement is 50:50 especially given his recent interview...
Yes, that was also strangely negative about a lot of things. Then again, I guess that injuries can put your mind is some strange and uncomfortable places.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

He could suffer the same injury fate of Aaron Mauger, Dave Denton , John De Villiers and Marcus Ayerza
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://twitter.com/BBCRLSport/status/1 ... -H5YA&s=19

Seems like there's no long term injuries in there...

Hopefully Reffell, Martin, Chessum, Cole & Heyes all coming back next week..
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Theotherjamesward

Post by Theotherjamesward »

I see Guy Porter is now leaving. Anyone know whether he’s actually been injured?
Also - Dolly leaving!? What a waste
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Theotherjamesward wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:50 pm I see Guy Porter is now leaving. Anyone know whether he’s actually been injured?
Yes it was confirmed he's had significant concussion issues and has restarted contact training a week or two ago, but that doesn't say he is match fit yet. I seriously doubt that Cokanasiga would have been on the bench if he was fully match fit.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Theotherjamesward wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:50 pm I see Guy Porter is now leaving. Anyone know whether he’s actually been injured?
Dolly has had a lot of bad luck with injuries including a recent neck issue.
We are well stocked at hooker with Montoya, Clare, and 2 exceptional youngsters in Vanes, and FTT, so it was going to be a fight for a spot
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://youtu.be/ZMGR1dwXIXY?si=jpnlcW4qIgQUgmcW

Obviously a bit out of date as filmed in the rest period during the 6N, but Lewis Chessum confirms he is definitely out injured as most suggested.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/lotto-240424

Kata 3 week ban

Can be reduced to 2 with a course.

Interstingly our friendly counts to the ban so it could only be the only the Bristol league game he misses
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:04 pm https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/lotto-240424

Kata 3 week ban

Interstingly our friendly counts to the ban so it could only be the only the Bristol league game he misses
these rules in rugby are odd to me, you don't see in football unless its something extraordinary like the Suarez biting incident players being banned domestically for international incidents or vice versa and not from non competitive games either.

Only other time this happens in football is for global bans which are reserved for betting and doping offences .

To me Kata should have to miss our next 2 league fixtures but I'll take it
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:39 pm
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:04 pm https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/lotto-240424

Kata 3 week ban

these rules in rugby are odd to me, you don't see in football unless its something extraordinary like the Suarez biting incident players being banned domestically for international incidents or vice versa and not from non competitive games either.

Only other time this happens in football is for global bans which are reserved for betting and doping offences .

It's consistent at least. Langton for Saints had friendlies count to his... though RIL still kicking up a fuss
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pm
Jimmy Skitz wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:39 pm

Kata 3 week ban

It's consistent at least. Langton for Saints had friendlies count to his... though RIL still kicking up a fuss
yes that's true but they do need to close loop holes like the one England used with Farrell last year
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Agree it's a silly system. If you do something in a Prem match that gets you banned for 2 games, you should miss 2 Prem matches.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Miss two games whether Premiership or European match.ir even Premier Cup. A friendly seems to stretch a point but at least it was an already arranged friendly.
I remember a few years back when Perpignan following a complaint by Ospreys had their reserve hooker unfairly suspended for about 13 weeks. The French decided that the ban only applied to Europen matches, I think he retired before the suspension was completed.