Sam Carter

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sam Carter

Post by GB72 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:49 am I mean, maybe he went for a medical first. Can't really announce a player until it's all done and dusted.
Let's say he arrived in Aus Monday. Had medical Wednesday and signed the contract that night. From a marketing POV we are announcing a player Thursday, playing a game Friday night, then it's the weekend.

The club makes a lot of mistakes but not everything is to spite the supporters despite what some think.
Not disagreeing with you but I would also expect our PR/Communications department to be able to handle several things at once and, in your circumstance, to have prepared the release in advance of the medical and then it is simply a case of releasing it on social media and the website. It may all have been circumstance and unavoidable but still not a good look to have a player out in his new club's kit before any announcement is made.
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

GB72 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:59 am
RagingBull wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:49 am I mean, maybe he went for a medical first. Can't really announce a player until it's all done and dusted.
Let's say he arrived in Aus Monday. Had medical Wednesday and signed the contract that night. From a marketing POV we are announcing a player Thursday, playing a game Friday night, then it's the weekend.

The club makes a lot of mistakes but not everything is to spite the supporters despite what some think.
Not disagreeing with you but I would also expect our PR/Communications department to be able to handle several things at once and, in your circumstance, to have prepared the release in advance of the medical and then it is simply a case of releasing it on social media and the website. It may all have been circumstance and unavoidable but still not a good look to have a player out in his new club's kit before any announcement is made.

It's not about handling more things at once, it's about timing.
I suspect we didn't know he would've been warming up with Western force in that game. I mean you could question why didn't the Western Force announce him as signed until today? if they had him warming up with them. Usually announces are made together as clubs if all has been agreed upon. So I suspect Force and Tigers agreed to do this Monday and the Force just decided to have him warm up on the weekend for the hell of it.

It's not our fault all the time I feel.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Pretty sure we would have released him before he flew to the other side of the world.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

RagingBull wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:01 pm
GB72 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:59 am

It's not about handling more things at once, it's about timing.
I suspect we didn't know he would've been warming up with Western force in that game. I mean you could question why didn't the Western Force announce him as signed until today? if they had him warming up with them. Usually announces are made together as clubs if all has been agreed upon. So I suspect Force and Tigers agreed to do this Monday and the Force just decided to have him warm up on the weekend for the hell of it.

It's not our fault all the time I feel.
I agree with this. Force announced him today and gave him a press conference today too, down in Oz. Clearly us and the Force were aligned on the announcements, given the short time between Force announcing him and us saying he was off. It is not our fault on this one that they had him in the warm up over the weekend.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:13 pm Pretty sure we would have released him before he flew to the other side of the world.
We may have agreed to release him if he passed a medical...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.