TV Deal for Season 2024/2025

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: TV Deal for Season 2024/2025

Post by Rugbygramps »

PAW2 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:09 pm Something I haven't seen mentioned is the quality of the TNT pictures.
I'm not an expert, but a sort of pixelation occurs and the overall resolution reminds me of the low quality European football matches on Sports Night in the 70s from places like Sparta Prague or Shakhtar Donetsk (older viewers may recall Gerald Sindstadts commentary over a telephone line!).
Im sure its not just my TV, as I've seen the same in pubs and friends houses.
I don't recall a problem with BT picture quality, nor Sky when they had it.
My stream is through Virgin and I’ve not noticed any issues with picture quality on either HD or UHD.

One thing I will mention, and apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere was the standard of the coverage for last Fridays final. They seemed to have half the number of cameras compared to normal and they were in the wrong place.
It maybe that there was a shortage of OB cameras due to the 6 nations and Cheltenham but I hope it isn’t a sign of things to come
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Re: TV Deal for Season 2024/2025

Post by Hot_Charlie »

PAW2 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:09 pm Something I haven't seen mentioned is the quality of the TNT pictures.
I'm not an expert, but a sort of pixelation occurs and the overall resolution reminds me of the low quality European football matches on Sports Night in the 70s from places like Sparta Prague or Shakhtar Donetsk (older viewers may recall Gerald Sindstadts commentary over a telephone line!).
Im sure its not just my TV, as I've seen the same in pubs and friends houses.
I don't recall a problem with BT picture quality, nor Sky when they had it.
I haven't seen any visible difference in picture quality since BT switched over to become TNT, both pre and post move to the Discovery+ app.