LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - KANGAROO MCKELLER: Do you come from a land down under? (Squad thread pt 2)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CrumblingTerrace
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - KANGAROO MCKELLER: Do you come from a land down under? (Squad thread pt 2)

Post by CrumblingTerrace »

DMK - Dan McKellar

And an oldie but a goodie...

TTTE - Thomas (The Tank Engine) Waldrom
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - KANGAROO MCKELLER: Do you come from a land down under? (Squad thread pt 2)

Post by Rugbygramps »

That’s 3 excellent signings imo. Are we expecting anymore, a 2nd centre has been mentioned, or do we think we will be moving onto the leavers next
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:29 am That’s 3 excellent signings imo. Are we expecting anymore, a 2nd centre has been mentioned, or do we think we will be moving onto the leavers next
Will we get a leavers announcement. I could be wrong but over the last couple of years I am sure that I remember them not being announced until after the end of the season.

Would seem a bit unfair this year as we know Weise is leaving and he will get a big WR send off so would be a bit off to not get the chance to give everyone else a similar goodbye.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

GB72 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:32 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:29 am That’s 3 excellent signings imo. Are we expecting anymore, a 2nd centre has been mentioned, or do we think we will be moving onto the leavers next
Will we get a leavers announcement. I could be wrong but over the last couple of years I am sure that I remember them not being announced until after the end of the season.

Would seem a bit unfair this year as we know Weise is leaving and he will get a big WR send off so would be a bit off to not get the chance to give everyone else a similar goodbye.
Very good point and it caused some controversy as I remember.
Mckellar strikes me as being the sort of coach who would want to give players a proper send off
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Someone in the know said that we had signed 2 centres which makes sense if Porter and Scott are off. The only other position that I can see us fillings is no 8 if Beets is seen as a project. Think we will see 4-5 leavers.
A2O
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Leavers tend not to be announced till the last week or two of the season at the earliest and sometimes the week after the season.

The new contracts start in July so expect it shortly before then...

Generally it's just keep an eye on other teams announcing our players till then
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

ay2oh wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:35 am Someone in the know said that we had signed 2 centres which makes sense if Porter and Scott are off. The only other position that I can see us fillings is no 8 if Beets is seen as a project. Think we will see 4-5 leavers.
2 centres rumoured to have signed but there are 3 centres who have been rumoured to be leaving at various points with Cokanasiga also on the "maybe leaving" list
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

We also had rumours of De Bruin and Eloff at prop. From memory especially, Eloff was linked around the same time/same story as Perese.
I suspect one more back row or back row/lock hybrid depending on the future of Cracknell, Rogerson and Carter.
Perhaps the much discussed second centre too.
Then maybe another outside back depending on Watson’s future.
Not a jock
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Not a jock »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:25 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:20 am Excellent though not unexpected news re Perese.
On Beets personally I would be surprised if we spent cap money on another back rower. If the coaches feel he has the ability then sometimes youth needs to be given its head as Baxter has proved at Exeter.

Slight aside a poster asked for explanations of the initials used. As a starting point I’ve got :

JVP - Jack Van Poortvliet
OHC - Ollie Hassell-Collins
FTT - Finn Theobalds- Thomas
CCS - Chandler Cunningham-South
LRZ - Some welsh bloke who moved to America
YBY - Young Ben Youngs
OTY - Old Tom Youngs
For a moment I thought I'd stumbled across a Pointless round on airports' IATA codes. According to this website, some are:
https://airportcodes.aero/iata/C
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:08 am We also had rumours of De Bruin and Eloff at prop. From memory especially, Eloff was linked around the same time/same story as Perese.
I suspect one more back row or back row/lock hybrid depending on the future of Cracknell, Rogerson and Carter.
With De Bruin and Eloff, now Cronin has extended and with both of those being primarily Tightheads it makes me think one of either Richardson or Hurd may be off...
PeteK
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by PeteK »

FrontRowUnionMember wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:08 am We also had rumours of De Bruin and Eloff at prop. From memory especially, Eloff was linked around the same time/same story as Perese.
Think you will find with the rumour for De Bruin it was someone on the forum going what about De Bruin then everyone jumps on the band wagon, pretty much like every other rumour on this thread.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

With Carter likely to go to Western Force & two definite international locks, with a third likely, I'd be looking to replace Wiese cap-wise with a lock. You use a lot more of them than you think & they are very important. Even with Chessum jnr & Carnduff coming through I think there will be more than enough game time to go around with all the rest we'll be forced to give the England players.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

CrumblingTerrace wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:23 am DMK - Dan McKellar

And an oldie but a goodie...

TTTE - Thomas (The Tank Engine) Waldrom
Just realised that George Martin's initials are the same as Genetically Modified and, given the size of the bloke....

:smt001
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Terracetiger4
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Terracetiger4 »

With the new signings in mind does anyone know what we need to average per matchday squad to get the bonus from the rfu?
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

PeteK wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:15 am
Think you will find with the rumour for De Bruin it was someone on the forum going what about De Bruin then everyone jumps on the band wagon, pretty much like every other rumour on this thread.
We did actually speak with De Bruin and Ellof.