Tigers vs Gloucester (H) - Premiership - Friday 22nd March 2024 - KO:19.45

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers vs Gloucester (H) - Premiership - Friday 22nd March 2024 - KO:19.45

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:27 pm What's this fascination with Kata on the wing when he's far more dangerous in the centres?
How do we know he's far more dangerous in the centres for us when he has yet to play there for us?
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

If Anthony Watson were fit and well.I would have him.on the wing for our best team but I assume he is unavailable. Kata to me is a threat ball in hand but he does not distribute a lot, with Kelly, Scott, Cokanasiga and Porter all Premiership quality centres I think our best team is with Kata on the wing where he played so well.in World Cup.matches.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:06 pm
Scott1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:27 pm What's this fascination with Kata on the wing when he's far more dangerous in the centres?
How do we know he's far more dangerous in the centres for us when he has yet to play there for us?
He's played enough there elsewhere for us to know that he is a far better centre than winger
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

I thought the general consensus on here was that Kata struggled on the wing in the world cup?

It certainly didn't look like kicking was his strong point, and he lacks the agility to defend in wide open spaces. I'd keep him at centre, but I would never have moved Ben Earl to number 8, so what do I know?!

Can Kata play 8?
RagingBull
Super User
Super User

Post by RagingBull »

TBF RWC rugby isn't the same as prem, and being wing for Tonga against Ireland is different from being on the wing for us v Gloucester

That being said i'm not sure why we would move our best 12 currently on form.
He might not have the passing that people want for a 12 but Pollard and Kelly either side do.

On Cokanasiga I feel like people are buying too much into the final 10 minutes in a prem cup where Gloucester had pretty much secured the win already.
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

Shedhead 1 here.

Mrs Shedhead and myself will be sitting with 4 Tigger's fans on Friday - always a warm welcome.

Friday's game will bear no resemblance to the Cup Final match and I fear the worst - I would be surprised if you don't put 40+ points on us - we are depleted and the season so far has given me a face twitch and shoulder hunch. Hey ho.

The atmosphere last Friday was incredible and me and the wifey have only just got over the after match drinks/celebrations etc etc.

All the best.
Bob
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Hi Bob, league is gone for you so it’s right you concentrate on the cup competitions. Best of luck in the challenge cup
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

Shedhead 1here:

TY Gramps - League went for us very early on - I am not a fan of Skivs but would take Gatland as coach any day but we couldn't afford him.

Have a good season

Bob
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

shedhead1 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:35 pm Shedhead 1here:

TY Gramps - League went for us very early on - I am not a fan of Skivs but would take Gatland as coach any day but we couldn't afford him.

Have a good season

Bob
What’s the story with Mercer are you resigned to losing him. We seemed to shut him him down on Friday night
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

Shedhead 1 here:

Zach Mercer is like a breath of fresh air to the team and hoping that his style of play and commitment radiates out to the rest of the squad - its a bit like the way we nullified Pollard on Friday and didn't give him any space and you lost your engine room as a result.

I think Mercer will stay but you know what it has now become in the world of professional rugby

What is the best signing for Gloucester next season is Tomos Williams - we just need the next Jonny Wilkinson with him (who may be coming from Hartpury)

Bob
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Hi Shedhead,
I hope you and your wife have a good time at Welford Road.
Love the Gloucester fans as they/ you always seem fair minded and respectful of us Tiger fans.
Tigers are so inconsistent I’m expecting a close game even though you have a few injury problems. I think what Tigers do depends on who we pick in our squad.
Your confidence will be high after last week’s deserved win.
Hope you win The Challenge Cup.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Shedhead, I don’t get the hype around Mercer, he was poor on Friday, dropped the ball, made 1 break and very little else, plus didn’t seem that happy in the post match interview. I’d stick with Clement if I were Skivington, he always makes metres and looks impressive. I’d imagine he’ll leave if he can’t get regular game time.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

https://www.justgiving.com/page/4ed-cycle-ride
A reminder that donations can be made for the bike riders that are going the MWWR on Friday raising funds.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
shedhead1

Post by shedhead1 »

Ian Cant wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:00 pm Hi Shedhead,
Love the Gloucester fans as they/ you always seem fair minded and respectful of us Tiger fans.
Tigers are so inconsistent I’m expecting a close game even though you have a few injury problems. I think what Tigers do depends on who we pick in our squad.
All the best Ian
Bob
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:00 pm Hi Shedhead,
How are Tigers inconsistent, when they are able to pick from a full strength squad they are very consistent. Very difficult to deal with international call ups and competition regulations preventing players from being selected.
If you don’t think Tigers will be going as fully loaded as possible for the rest of the season it isn’t in your blood as much as you claim