2024 Six Nations Chat

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Re: 2024 Six Nations Chat

Post by Tiglon »

Let's all be honest, this entire discussion is quite ridiculous.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Tiglon wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:54 pm Let's all be honest, this entire discussion is quite ridiculous.
Don’t contribute then
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

the worst thing about this for me is it sends a terrible message to the players about Steve as a coach.

You can be one of the teams best players consistently for a number of years including in the current 6 nations and just because Steve wants to signal a change of intent you get made a scapegoat instead of simply being asked to play a different style and use your attacking skills more.

I hope Freddie has already kicked down the door to Steve's office and demanded to know why he, of all players, has been treated this way
ourla
Super User
Super User

Post by ourla »

Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Remember seeing Slade debut against France in 2015 and thinking he has bags of talent ball in hand. He probably hasn’t lived up that hype and can be inconsistent. But still think he’s a very good player at 13, especially with a carrier at 12 like Manu / Lawrence.

Agree about Steward. I’ve no doubt he can play a more attacking game but was probably just following the gameplan laid down by the coaches.

England can beat France. We need to match their physicality. Martin and Underhill can lead that charge. Ramos at 10 can be targeted and if we rattle him then I think we’ve a good shot.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

Leicestertinytiger wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:06 pm Remember seeing Slade debut against France in 2015 and thinking he has bags of talent ball in hand. He probably hasn’t lived up that hype and can be inconsistent. But still think he’s a very good player at 13, especially with a carrier at 12 like Manu / Lawrence.

Agree about Steward. I’ve no doubt he can play a more attacking game but was probably just following the gameplan laid down by the coaches.

England can beat France. We need to match their physicality. Martin and Underhill can lead that charge. Ramos at 10 can be targeted and if we rattle him then I think we’ve a good shot.
Yes Steward was doing the plan he was told, as did Ben Youngs when people moaned about him box kicking the entire game, he had a first hand example in Care being jettisoned for daring to say England could play more expansively as an indicator as to what would happen if he didn't
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

I really don’t know how Care has got 100 caps as I can’t recall many games where he’s been outstanding . Also don’t think Stewart is international standard . Regarding Daly he tends to do something good and then makes a massive faux par a few minutes later. Would like to see the young prop at Sale given a shot off the bench for 15-20 minutes as he has huge potential .
A2O
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

ay2oh wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:22 pmWould like to see the young prop at Sale given a shot off the bench for 15-20 minutes as he has huge potential .
I think he's got some way to go yet. Club and country (U20s) are playing him in different positions and I suspect England are very much in the "let him develop" camp, rather than exposing him too early. He's 19, and all his club rugby has been off the bench whatever the competition has been. He's never started a senior elite match and a RWC Final 2019 replacement scenario against a T1 international side could destroy a young player. Look what it did to Cole's international career!
Stephen18
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stephen18 »

Does anyone know if the boy playing tomorrow including Tommy are available next Friday, with just the 6 day turn around. As realistically if no will the forwards be much different next week with just the addition of Montoya and weise.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

I believe that all the players will be available for selection but will be re-integrated into the team…..so some may be on the bench.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ti7rkwRZvY

Carnduff captains England to the Championship, well done all.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jimmy Skitz
Super User
Super User

Post by Jimmy Skitz »

ITALIA!
ITALIA!
ITALIA!
ITALIA!
ITALIA!

great start for them come on boys see it through, would be their best 6N ever
No6_Flanker
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by No6_Flanker »

At least Tigers aren’t as bad as Wales? :smt039
Cheering on the Tigers in Detroit.
Previously a slower, shorter, less good looking version of Tom Croft.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Rugby incident,we move on. Is this Joyless getting involved?! Well done Mattheu!
Last edited by Scott1 on Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:43 pm Rugby incident,we move on
Poor Freddie Steward