Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

Scuttle wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:34 am This is a true story, I promise:

I looked the the Shedweb Forum this morning and saw a post from glis suppirter travelling for the match this evening and saying he had seen Leo Cullen and his staff on the flight to Bristol. Nothing strange in that, other than my immediate thought "why would Cullen et al fly to Bristol when the Ireland match will be at Twickenham". My immediate thought being he is travelling in connection with the his role as coach of the Ireland team ...... and then I realised.....he is travelling in connection with his role withe the Ireland team aka Leinster. And yes I've also just realised Eng have played Ire.
Bath playing Leinster tonight in a friendly Bristol the nearest airport
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by Scuttle »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:43 am

I looked the the Shedweb Forum this morning and saw a post from glis suppirter travelling for the match this evening and saying he had seen Leo Cullen and his staff on the flight to Bristol. Nothing strange in that, other than my immediate thought "why would Cullen et al fly to Bristol when the Ireland match will be at Twickenham". My immediate thought being he is travelling in connection with the his role as coach of the Ireland team ...... and then I realised.....he is travelling in connection with his role withe the Ireland team aka Leinster. And yes I've also just realised Eng have played Ire.
Bath playing Leinster tonight in a friendly Bristol the nearest airport
Ah right thank you. And here's me thinking they were here to look at our moves. Bath seem to be getting some serious friendlies in to build momentum again after playing Glos last weekend
As Good As It Gets
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Post by shanghaitiger »

What’s the sentiment from Glos fans on the forum (I don’t have access)? Are they confident or nervous?
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

shanghaitiger wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:03 pm

What’s the sentiment from Glos fans on the forum (I don’t have access)? Are they confident or nervous?
I would say mostly fairly confident, knowing the Shed will be a help, but feeling they need a good performance from key players to make the win happen. A few comments about Pollard playing and spirit of the competition, but even on that more saying why would we not play our best when he is within the rules to play/fair play to Tigers etc. I usually find it a well balanced and considered commentary with knowledgeable contributors.

Personally I have had Glos as favourites, all things considered, albeit reading the BBC article about their captain being desperate to win, especially at home, I just wonder if they might be too desperate and the occasion get the better of them. We can hope !!
As Good As It Gets
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

I think it'll be tight either way...

Interstingly the bookies have us as slight favourites...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Interesting selections really:we have Cole, Steward, Martin, Chessum away with England and knowing our luck all of this quartet not be available next week. Then JVP, Watson, Cronin, Henderson, maybe Dolly, Clare out injured and Youngs fit but can’t play due to rules!
Gloucester: Balmain, Atkinson( cup tied with us) and Vardy away with Italy! I’m sure there must be others too so decent selections by both side especially as most other clubs have arranged two friendliest last week and this to prepare for the return of The Premiership.
Good luck Tigers.
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:30 pm Interesting selections really:we have Cole, Steward, Martin, Chessum away with England and knowing our luck all of this quartet not be available next week. Then JVP, Watson, Cronin, Henderson, maybe Dolly, Clare out injured and Youngs fit but can’t play due to rules!
Gloucester: Balmain, Atkinson( cup tied with us) and Vardy away with Italy! I’m sure there must be others too so decent selections by both side especially as most other clubs have arranged two friendliest last week and this to prepare for the return of The Premiership.
Good luck Tigers.
Let's not forget Reffell with Wales, Montoya, Wiese, Kata also unavailable.

Alemanno is another missing for them due to being with Argentina in the world cup
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think Carreras and Harris are missing too.

As for Ian’s point, I would expect the minimum for us to have back next week is Cronin(injured?) Montoya, Wiese, Youngs, Kata.
Internationals it will depend on players and the state they return in, possibly not till Tuesday.

Cole - may make the bench
Chessum - will have played, most of 5 tests, personally would give him the week off
Martin - played two and half tests, with a fallow week included, would expect him to start v Gloucester
Reffell - same as Chessum.
Steward - Hasn’t played for over a month, so unless there is some undisclosed injury he should be straight back in.

JVP - mixed reports possibly nearing a return.
Watson - personally I’m not even considering at the moment until there is some concrete news over his injury
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:30 pm Interesting selections really:we have Cole, Steward, Martin, Chessum away with England and knowing our luck all of this quartet not be available next week. Then JVP, Watson, Cronin, Henderson, maybe Dolly, Clare out injured and Youngs fit but can’t play due to rules!
Good luck Tigers.
Vardy is injured, he won’t make tonight or Chelsea on Sunday !!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

westwinds31 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:56 pm
Good luck Tigers.
Vardy is injured, he won’t make tonight or Chelsea on Sunday !!
:smt003
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrsssssssss

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
aslongaswebeatsaints
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by aslongaswebeatsaints »

Cup Final Time. Time to cheer the team on.

TIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGERS!!!!

:smt027
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Very good defensive set. Gloucester flying backwards. Mercer going nowhere.

Solid in the scrum too. Heyes makes such a big difference.
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

What is the camera angle about - it’s awful
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Smashing them in defence, we've had lots of opportunities to attack the breakdown but no one able to get near it.

Whiteley's kicking is slightly too long. Just a little higher and we'll be making the tackle before they've had chance to run it back.