Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: The Rolling Maul Podcast - Special Guests - Latest: Andrea Pinchen

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ellie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:46 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:15 pm So things are all but complete, so not complete yet but you felt she could give more details without breaking confidentiality or contract agreements
No, I think you need to re-read my comment. I clearly state I did not expect her to break confidentiality or contracts agreements but you seem to missed the point of my response.
I’m very clear in what you said you are asking for one thing but at the same time saying you weren’t expecting the same thing.
I’ll leave it there each to their own but I think it was unrealistic to expect there to have been anymore on what is a very well put together, but amateur podcast by 2 knowledgeable tigers fans
Ellie
Tiger Cub

Post by Ellie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:55 pm
Ellie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:46 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:15 pm So things are all but complete, so not complete yet but you felt she could give more details without breaking confidentiality or contract agreements
No, I think you need to re-read my comment. I clearly state I did not expect her to break confidentiality or contracts agreements but you seem to missed the point of my response.
I’m very clear in what you said you are asking for one thing but at the same time saying you weren’t expecting the same thing.
I’ll leave it there each to their own but I think it was unrealistic to expect there to have been anymore on what is a very well put together, but amateur podcast by 2 knowledgeable tigers fans
That’s one thing that we agree on! I thought the podcast (first one I’ve listened to) was excellently put together and the hosts were professional and knowledgeable - all my comments related to Andrea’s responses not the podcast.
Tigersunited

Post by Tigersunited »

Well said RG - not perfect but what is, she fronted up and I, for one, respect that.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The term professional would imply that they do it as a job for a financial reward. It was a well put together podcast by two knowledgable rugby fans and Andrea Pinchen answered the questions that were put to her, without breaking any confidences.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Ellie
Tiger Cub

Post by Ellie »

Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:17 pm The term professional would imply that they do it as a job for a financial reward. It was a well put together podcast by two knowledgable rugby fans and Andrea Pinchen answered the questions that were put to her, without breaking any confidences.
I did not intend to imply they got financial reward for the podcast or that it was their employment. I just thought it was of a high standard. Andrea did answer the questions put to her as I am sure we all expected her to do and I doubt any of us long standing Tigers supporters would have expected her to break any confidences, what is being debated is the detail and content of her responses. I am at a loss as to why repeated comments have implied I expected her to break confidences. :smt017
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Andrea is probably too good and honest for her own good …there are many who can’t deal with that ..a bigger societal question for another day I am sure. For the record I am 100% behind her ✊
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Ellie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:42 pm
Tigerbeat wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:17 pm The term professional would imply that they do it as a job for a financial reward. It was a well put together podcast by two knowledgable rugby fans and Andrea Pinchen answered the questions that were put to her, without breaking any confidences.
I did not intend to imply they got financial reward for the podcast or that it was their employment. I just thought it was of a high standard. Andrea did answer the questions put to her as I am sure we all expected her to do and I doubt any of us long standing Tigers supporters would have expected her to break any confidences, what is being debated is the detail and content of her responses. I am at a loss as to why repeated comments have implied I expected her to break confidences. :smt017
It's the way a few posters work, put words in your mouth then argue against what wasn't said.

I agree with your initial post, the first question was about the process of deciding the price rises and was basically not answered in any meaningful way, which isn't a "slam" on Pinchen, it's a comment. As other answers showed there was quite a lot of room for interesting answers.

One thing that continues to confuse me is the long term default answer to any criticism of the season is to blame PRL. PRL are the clubs. There are only 10 of them now. We are 10% of it. If we really don't agree with things then we should publicly advocate for what we do want like Rob Baxter does at Exeter. If we agree with PRL we should be defending it & promoting it to our own fans.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I have no idea how the PRL works in a decision making role. Is a unanimous decision required at board level or a simple majority. Sometimes 10% can be worth next to nothing unless trying to veto a proposal
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

As 50% of the podcast, thank you for the feedback of the podcast. And thank you for the complement about us being professional or knowledgeable, far too kind!

I think we got as much from Andrea as I expected us to get. On some topics she was very strong, as she could be, and that was mainly around the ST stuff and the comms failures. There were other Q's she sidestepped/didn't answer and if I'm honest, i think we all would expect her to do so (investment & Attack coach Q's etc). I do think we will get an update on the Attack Coach situation soon, but it is clear that they are having to tread very carefully with a complicated situation.

What was interesting was the stuff she didn't say, and the answer around 10 teams. I do agree with the comment that if we don't like it, we should be saying so in public. If we are thinking it, then we won't be the only club.

It would have been good to get a steer on timescales for new signings. I do suspect that we probably didn't have a firm date booked in when we recorded. On many occasions we have to work with the outgoing club who want to announce the departure at a certain time for their priorities. OHC last season was the classic example - the entire world knew we'd signed him, but we couldn't announce it as Irish didn't want the departure to impact their ST sales. Sadly, that ended up a different way but it does show how much we have to work with other clubs on these things. Never simple!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

Agree with all of the above. Andrea answered what she could without breaking confidentiality regarding the attack coach situation. One minor plus was her comment regarding trying to plug the gap in games during the six nations next season. I know some people regard friendlies as pointless but if it gives us a game to watch it’s ok by me.
A2O
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

sk 88 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:12 am
Ellie wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:42 pm
It's the way a few posters work, put words in your mouth then argue against what wasn't said.

I agree with your initial post, the first question was about the process of deciding the price rises and was basically not answered in any meaningful way, which isn't a "slam" on Pinchen, it's a comment. As other answers showed there was quite a lot of room for interesting answers.

One thing that continues to confuse me is the long term default answer to any criticism of the season is to blame PRL. PRL are the clubs. There are only 10 of them now. We are 10% of it. If we really don't agree with things then we should publicly advocate for what we do want like Rob Baxter does at Exeter. If we agree with PRL we should be defending it & promoting it to our own fans.
My bold and italics......

Absolutely Right , my friend.
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:06 am Agree with all of the above. Andrea answered what she could without breaking confidentiality regarding the attack coach situation. One minor plus was her comment regarding trying to plug the gap in games during the six nations next season. I know some people regard friendlies as pointless but if it gives us a game to watch it’s ok by me.
I was happy with the sensible approach to these matches. No point in spending a fortune getting in touring sides if the club is going to make a loss on the day.