2024 Six Nations Chat

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fentiger
Super User
Super User

Re: 2024 Six Nations Chat

Post by fentiger »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:44 pm Earl models his physique on mine btw :smt005
:smt044 photo or it didn't happen #onceseenneverunseen 👀
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Well done, England, They deserved that thoroughly. Best performance since RWC SF. It was a cracking game of rugby with good rugby by both teams. Makes for an interesting last weekend.
Leicestertinytiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Leicestertinytiger »

Good performance and I think we now have the building blocks to get better as a team. Unfortunate that the veterans like Ford, Daly and Care didn’t add much and we need to move on from.
Cagey Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Cagey Tiger »

fentiger wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:39 pm Obviously difficult to see beyond three away wins this weekend...
I totally agreed with this. At 7:10PM on Saturday, are you (we) going for the hat-trick :smt002 :smt003?
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

Yup,totally agree. Am a very happy bunny compared to how was feeling at kick-off!
JohnB wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:56 pm Well done, England, They deserved that thoroughly. Best performance since RWC SF. It was a cracking game of rugby with good rugby by both teams. Makes for an interesting last weekend.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Could be a citing coming for Genge,I said that the HT spat couldve been about the clearout,just wasn't sure who it was at the time. Looked like head contact
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Looks bad but has Furlong made a meal of it?
https://www.balls.ie/rugby/tmo-seems-to ... nge-590468
Certainly looks like a sniper in the crowd
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
DeadlyDunc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DeadlyDunc »

Fair play to England - they found a level we’ve not seen since, well, god knows when! Maybe RWC semi final 2019 because even the recent RWC was anti rugby up to a point.

If they can build from this and kick on then suddenly things will look pretty positive.

If Martin and Chessum can stay fit we’ll have an engine room for the ages for Tigers and England
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:23 pm Looks bad but has Furlong made a meal of it?
Touch of victim blaming there. It looked bad in real time and I was surprised that the TMO didn’t look at it. It may well lead to a citing.

There was a lot of emotion from Ben Earl after the game. Not surprised as much of the punditry and much of comment on English MBs and, yes, Irish MBs too, in the run up to the game was unpleasantly personal at times. We forget that players are human beings with feelings.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Thought England could have tried a bit longer for the try at the end and get a TBP. Pen advantage being played, go for the 5 points, if you fail then 3 pointer in the bag from pen by posts and win anyway.

Only minimal risk would be if ref called Advantage over but 5 metres from try line how many times does that happen?

A TBP would have left England 3 points behind Ireland in the table rather than 4, in order to have any slim chance of a title England need to get a TBP in France - unlikely, but then I thought beating Ireland today was unlikely (at best) and after the performances England should be well buoyed for going for it in Marseille.

I can't see Scotland beating Ireland in Dublin but the Scots will need/want to respond to their Italy loss today and likewise Ireland respond to theirs and lift the 6N title in front of their own fans so it could really open up, stranger things have happened.

England had time, and advantage, but only eyes for nicking the slim win, I do get players tiring but England were on the attack.

DG gets the headlines......

Great performance and win though - to end on a positive, unexpected by me, didn't think England would get thrashed but thought Ireland would have a bit too much.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

I think there was enough to indicate that Daly & Ford should have played their last game for England.

Chessum, Earle and Martin add bite to England’s pack in defence.
F-W shows the impact a proper winger has on a game. Looked for work in attack and defence.
Retiredseven
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Retiredseven »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:55 pm Thought England could have tried a bit longer for the try at the end and get a TBP. Pen advantage being played, go for the 5 points, if you fail then 3 pointer in the bag from pen by posts and win anyway.

Only minimal risk would be if ref called Advantage over but 5 metres from try line how many times does that happen?

A TBP would have left England 3 points behind Ireland in the table rather than 4, in order to have any slim chance of a title England need to get a TBP in France - unlikely, but then I thought beating Ireland today was unlikely (at best) and after the performances England should be well buoyed for going for it in Marseille.

England had time, and advantage, but only eyes for nicking the slim win, I do get players tiring but England were on the attack.

DG gets the headlines......
This crossed my mind.

It was great to get the win though!
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

JohnB wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:52 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:23 pm Looks bad but has Furlong made a meal of it?
Touch of victim blaming there. It looked bad in real time and I was surprised that the TMO didn’t look at it. It may well lead to a citing.

There was a lot of emotion from Ben Earl after the game. Not surprised as much of the punditry and much of comment on English MBs and, yes, Irish MBs too, in the run up to the game was unpleasantly personal at times. We forget that players are human beings with feelings.
As per the Irish witch hunt continues post any game they don't do as well as expected. Don't think it's a tucked arm or as much as you can tell from the quality of the video, looks shoulder then onto the head as well. Lots of power and pace in there which won't help Genge. Given the double tackle on Genge which had him enraged and asking for a review after the England try that was also pretty quickly ignored.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

mol2 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:25 pm I think there was enough to indicate that Daly & Ford should have played their last game for England.
Ford was very good ball in hand and he defended bravely. His kicking was poor but I'd not throw him out just yet. Marcus Smith grew into the game after a pretty meh first few mins. If Marcus is fully fit then potentially swap them round. I don't know how injured Fin Smith is either.
KiwiTig
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by KiwiTig »

Much better, entertaining and risk taking.
Well done
Marcus Smith is our lynchpin