LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

I presume the Vunipolas are off end of this season, so West might easily have a position there.
Wyn Jones at the Scarlets might be an option.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

A few other clubs seem to be announcing signings so hopefully we will know soon which may help season ticket sales if we sign a couple of we’ll known players
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:10 am https://twitter.com/FalconsRugby/status ... 97lpg&s=19

Brantingham signs for Sarries, does that make a return for West more likely?
Last player left at Falcons please turn off the lights
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

ay2oh wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:50 am A few other clubs seem to be announcing signings so hopefully we will know soon which may help season ticket sales if we sign a couple of we’ll known players
It seems like we have been relatively quiet compared to others during this break - missed opportunity to drum up excitement and engagement?
FrontRowUnionMember
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by FrontRowUnionMember »

On the assumption we have to look at two LH’s with Cronin and FVW off, the link to Elhoff is an interesting one, plus a proven prem performer like West or WGC would be a tidy bit of recruitment given Elhoff can apparently play both sides.

LH - West/WGC, Whitcombe, Elhoff, (VDF/Miell)
TH - Cole, Heyes, Hurd, (Hoyt)
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

RunTigerRun wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:06 am
ay2oh wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:50 am A few other clubs seem to be announcing signings so hopefully we will know soon which may help season ticket sales if we sign a couple of we’ll known players
It seems like we have been relatively quiet compared to others during this break - missed opportunity to drum up excitement and engagement?
We have (slightly more so than other clubs) liked to "batch" up our signings into popcorn days rather than the odd announcement here and there.

That said with some bad publicity around the season ticket increase, added to the lack of games at the moment mean fans really could do with an announcement or two, just to build some excitement about the club... we're a week and a half away from a chance at silverware for the club and we seem to just have no buzz around Tigers right now...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:49 am
We have (slightly more so than other clubs) liked to "batch" up our signings into popcorn days rather than the odd announcement here and there.

That said with some bad publicity around the season ticket increase, added to the lack of games at the moment mean fans really could do with an announcement or two, just to build some excitement about the club... we're a week and a half away from a chance at silverware for the club and we seem to just have no buzz around Tigers right now...
Certainly hope that the communication issues are raised when Andrea talks to the Rolling Maul Podcast today. Really seeing that as an opportunity to get some answers for the supporters. I really do feel like we need some good news and some good promotion to kick start the interest in the season again which, lets be honest, a lot of people who are not die hard fans have pretty much forgotten about.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

GB72 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:55 am

Certainly hope that the communication issues are raised when Andrea talks to the Rolling Maul Podcast today. Really seeing that as an opportunity to get some answers for the supporters. I really do feel like we need some good news and some good promotion to kick start the interest in the season again which, lets be honest, a lot of people who are not die hard fans have pretty much forgotten about.
Agreed we need something, this disjointed season is driving me mad, no rugby, no meaningful communication, just endless emails telling you how to spend/earn useless points. Its bad for fans but what about the players, just kicking their heals, going through a preseason training mid season, they will be so rusty, expect to see more dropped catches etc because of the long layoff? :smt017 :smt022
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

LE18 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:18 am
GB72 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:55 am

Agreed we need something, this disjointed season is driving me mad, no rugby, no meaningful communication, just endless emails telling you how to spend/earn useless points. Its bad for fans but what about the players, just kicking their heals, going through a preseason training mid season, they will be so rusty, expect to see more dropped catches etc because of the long layoff? :smt017 :smt022
Still cannot understand why the PRC final was not last weekend when there was no highest level english rugby but instead is on a weekend that clashes with the gold cup, super Saturday and is only 5 days from the season kicking off. Rugby shooting itself in the foot again.

As for the communication, just something to get the fires burning again would be great. We sort of managed it during 2 years of covid but cannot do it during 6 weeks of the 6 Nations. Social media should have been awash with Freddy Steward posts after the Wales game, Dan Coles kick chase etc likewise, the club seems unable to promote that these great players in an England shirt play for us for the rest of the season and use that to sell tickets etc.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Some of us have been complaining about Tigers communications for some time, it's anything but professional.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:29 am Some of us have been complaining about Tigers communications for some time, it's anything but professional.
They went through a short period of improvement but this season has been a noticeable drop off. We are not just in the dark about things that there is at least a debate about whether there should be information released (injuries etc) but there is just no promotion of the club appearing. When there is no club rugby on TV but Tigers players in international shirts, the club should be spamming social media to try and get some of those international only fans to Welford Road.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Certainly think that an opportunity has been missed to bridge the gap with some news about either new signings or player retention, though there must be reasons for this.

As for the PRC final I wonder if it had to be planned for a break in the championship season too as their clubs were included
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Interesting to discover what has actually kept Anthony Watson out of the Six Nations is a "back injury"

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/other/ ... 786d&ei=45
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
AViewFromLe2

Post by AViewFromLe2 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:25 pm Certainly think that an opportunity has been missed to bridge the gap with some news about either new signings or player retention, though there must be reasons for this.

As for the PRC final I wonder if it had to be planned for a break in the championship season too as their clubs were included
Scary thought i know, but maybe we haven't actually signed anyone? Maybe we haven't heard anything as we have nothing to announce? (This is me speculating, i'm hoping we have signed someone we just need to organise a day to announce it).
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

AViewFromLe2 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:24 pm
Rugbygramps wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:25 pm Certainly think that an opportunity has been missed to bridge the gap with some news about either new signings or player retention, though there must be reasons for this.

Scary thought i know, but maybe we haven't actually signed anyone? Maybe we haven't heard anything as we have nothing to announce? (This is me speculating, i'm hoping we have signed someone we just need to organise a day to announce it).
It is a fair point and not an unreasonable thought. As I mentioned earlier, I have no idea how we plan signings at the moment. With no official news on the TV deal or the contracts/hybrid contracts for player release in place, how on earth can we work on our finances. I am hoping that the TV deal is all but signed and it is just the announcement that is needed but who knows. If all of the financial pieces of the jigsaw are not in place, how can you plan spending. Really to not envy Andrea and the board.

If that really has no impact, I would have hoped that we had outlined the positions for recruitment and got some names signed up. I know we like this whole 'popcorn day' thing (I do not) but surely a protracted build up of excitement with announcements beats this blowing it all in one shot.