LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: LEICESTER TIGERS 2023/24 - Crocodile McKeller: Men at Work

Post by Ian Cant »

Wigglesworth did a great job when he suddenly took over at Tigers After a tricky few weeks our attack improved. I’m not sure England have had enough time to get their act together. I do hope though that Borthwick soon decides who he believes are the best players to take England forward. Ireland are a very good, settled team but even they too time to gel. If by the next 6 Nations England aren’t getting the results then things will need to change!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Ian Cant wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:17 pm Wigglesworth did a great job when he suddenly took over at Tigers After a tricky few weeks our attack improved. I’m not sure England have had enough time to get their act together. I do hope though that Borthwick soon decides who he believes are the best players to take England forward. Ireland are a very good, settled team but even they too time to gel. If by the next 6 Nations England aren’t getting the results then things will need to change!
Did he improve it or was it Danny Wilson?
To win is not as important as playing with style!
trendylfj
Super User
Super User

Post by trendylfj »

According the Flissler we have lost out in the race for Sam Spink - "Saracens have beaten both Sale and Leicester in the race to land highly-rated former Wasps centre Sam Spink from Super Rugby outfit Western Force."
Hehehehehehehehe
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:05 am
Ian Cant wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:17 pm Wigglesworth did a great job when he suddenly took over at Tigers After a tricky few weeks our attack improved. I’m not sure England have had enough time to get their act together. I do hope though that Borthwick soon decides who he believes are the best players to take England forward. Ireland are a very good, settled team but even they too time to gel. If by the next 6 Nations England aren’t getting the results then things will need to change!
Did he improve it or was it Danny Wilson?
I think Wilson helped. He was an experienced head amongst a pretty inexperienced coaching team. One of Wilson's fortes is the first phase move off of the lineout which we definitely saw at the end of last season and Quins are using this season.
kk20gb30
Super User
Super User

Post by kk20gb30 »

Please , mark my words on this, and I have said this prior....
Will not not break a confidence but Centre position (s) is resolved X2....(thus far,at least)
Seemingly heading rapidly toward senility .....Not long or far to go now , in fact, getting worse daily.....
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:22 pm Please , mark my words on this, and I have said this prior....
Will not not break a confidence but Centre position (s) is resolved X2....(thus far,at least)
I'll hold you to it! But seriously, thanks,I'm excited!
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

kk20gb30 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:22 pm Please , mark my words on this, and I have said this prior....
I appreciate you not breaking confidence… but what a tease! Excited to see who has filled the position (s)!
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

They've cloned Antony Allen and he's going to lock down the 12 shirt and they've also cloned Manu, but with less injuries, and he'll have the 13 shirt!

In seriousness, the guy playing at 13 for the Crusaders today looked very decent.
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Should we be excited by said names?
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:36 pm
They've cloned Antony Allen and he's going to lock down the 12 shirt and they've also cloned Manu, but with less injuries, and he'll have the 13 shirt!

In seriousness, the guy playing at 13 for the Crusaders today looked very decent.
Think they said he had signed this season from Moana Pacifica
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:32 pm
Should we be excited by said names?
Hopefully at least one is also decent on the wing as we've been exposed there this season with injury.

Porter returning could help that actually.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:49 am

Aumua did. He's been around the houses a bit, is 29.

Mataele the Fijian winger in the Crusaders squad might be worth a look. He's going to be the third choice winger behind the starters and at 27 could give us more impact out wide, with an offloading game.

Depends on what our attacking plans for next season are going to be. Those two centre signings should tell us quite a bit.
RunTigerRun
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by RunTigerRun »

sam16111986 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:16 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:49 am

Aumua did. He's been around the houses a bit, is 29.

Mataele the Fijian winger in the Crusaders squad might be worth a look. He's going to be the third choice winger behind the starters and at 27 could give us more impact out wide, with an offloading game.

Depends on what our attacking plans for next season are going to be. Those two centre signings should tell us quite a bit.
Agreed on that. I think the retention and signings on the centres will give a good indication on how the attack and backline will look. Especially around whether Kata is a centre or winger imo.

I love Watson and think he can still show his class with Tigers but, a backline with something like JVP, Pollard, OHC, Kelly, an other, Kata, Steward looks nicely balanced. Especially if Kata and OHC play the roaming winger role looking for work. Guess we shall wait and see!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

2 centres in would indicate at least 2 out, with Woodward and Cusick coming through, one a 12 one a centre come wing.
If our centre stocks were left with Kata, Kelly, Porter, plus 2 coming in and 2 promising youngsters not a bad place to be imo.
Wingers, we all appreciate Watsons quality, but is he a luxury we can’t afford. Back 3 at the moment next season, Steward, Brown, Shilcock, OHC, Bassett, Simmons, if Watson doesn’t return. I don’t know he won’t but logic suggests there has to be a question mark at the moment
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

With Watson it depends how much he's on, and whether he's willing to move to France. I'd imagine he'll be struggling to get a decent offer from any Premiership clubs.

If Scott leaves, I'd like to see us sign someone with that defensive discipline to keep the balance at centre.