Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by Rugbygramps »

CogGom wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:46 pm Selection is limited per the thread in the Ealing post before last week’s game.
I think we all know. We were just also discussing who would be available a week later in the premiership game also against Gloucester. Sorry for any confusion caused
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Gloucester - Premiership Cup Final - Friday 15th March 2024 - KO:7-45pm

Post by sapajo »

CogGom wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:46 pm Selection is limited per the thread in the Ealing post before last week’s game.

6.3 A Club may not be represented in the Semi-Final or Final Matches of the Competition by any
person who has not played or been a replacement or substitute (i.e. included in the match
squad) for that Club in the Competition pool stage Matches in the current season, with the
exception (subject to the approval of a dispensation request) of the following:

6.3.1 Front Row Forwards where the provision of such player(s) is needed to enable the Club to
comply with its regulatory requirements (and in particular Regulation 6.7);

6.3.2 Players who were injured during the pool stages and who, at the time of the Semi-Final or Final
Matches of the Competition, are fit and available for selection;

6.3.3 Players who were selected to play or be a replacement in a Competition pool stage Match which
did not take place for reasons outside a Club’s control; or

6.3.4 In exceptional circumstances at the discretion of the Tournament Organiser
Well we treated this cup as a development competition whilst Glos decided otherwise. So we will be seriously up against it in the final and cannot now bring in any big guns due to these extant competition selection rules,
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

Still seems some confusion over Pollards availability even though he definitely appeared against Sale.
Would definitely have him on the bench for the final. He’s got a history of winning games late on
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:14 pm Still seems some confusion over Pollards availability even though he definitely appeared against Sale.
Would definitely have him on the bench for the final. He’s got a history of winning games late on
Agreed 👍
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

Section 6.3.3 might mean that players on international duty or being rested because of international duty might well be considered “out of the club’s control?”
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

Off Gloucester Rugby website for those interested

PREMIERSHIP RUGBY CUP FINAL TICKETS ON SALE FROM WEDNESDAY 28 FEBRUARY 2PM
shanghaitiger
Tiger Cub

Post by shanghaitiger »

Just bought mine. Gloucester have tweeted to say they’ve sold over 5000 today, plus the members who’ve bought some. Looking online there aren’t many left so I’d act fast if you’re keen! Would be great to have lots of Tigers fans there!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Also bought mine today.

As for the match, anyone know what Will Hurd's injury actually was/is? His availability will be key for us. I doubt Borthwick will release Heyes for the match even though he is unlikely to pick him, and could just as easily have someone else as cover in the unlikely event of a warm up injury.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:58 pm Also bought mine today.

As for the match, anyone know what Will Hurd's injury actually was/is? His availability will be key for us. I doubt Borthwick will release Heyes for the match even though he is unlikely to pick him, and could just as easily have someone else as cover in the unlikely event of a warm up injury.
Not "Hurd" (lol) much since the initial statement said foot injury...
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sk 88 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:58 pm Also bought mine today.

Did seem strange that he left the squad with only 2 tight heads for the Scottish games as Heyes was with England A.
Whether he would do that for France away I’m unsure
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

I was going to buy tickets but have just given up because of what I can only descibe as a ludicrous booking system on the Gloucester Website.

The system insists on you registering but as I was trying to book multiple tickets including ones at Senior and Junior prices it refused to let me complete the booking without also registering those people.

Seems an incredibly short sighted way to sell match tickets to me
Retiredseven
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Retiredseven »

Mr_Ben wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:21 pm I was going to buy tickets but have just given up because of what I can only descibe as a ludicrous booking system on the Gloucester Website.

The system insists on you registering but as I was trying to book multiple tickets including ones at Senior and Junior prices it refused to let me complete the booking without also registering those people.

I got mine today for me and my boy (junior) - i didn't have to register him.

Am hoping there is good contingent of tigers fan there....
hovis

Post by hovis »

Gloucester supporter here.

Anybody wanting to go to the final and being put off by Sky high hotel prices, due to Cheltenham Gold cup meeting, might want to consider the 2 Premier inns in Swindon Town centre currently £48 & £54 per room.

Last train back to Swindon leaves Gloucester at 22.28
Station is a 10 minute walk from Kingsholm.
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

Mr_Ben wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:21 pm I was going to buy tickets but have just given up because of what I can only descibe as a ludicrous booking system on the Gloucester Website.

They want all those extra names/email addresses on their data base so they can bombard you with junk.
CogGom
Tiger Cub

Post by CogGom »

Thanks Hovis, for suggestion - I booked in Gloucester yesterday and thought prices were high just for being Gloucester - then had a call this morning asking had I booked for the races - First I’d heard, when I said I was there for the rugby, the reply was why ever did they book it for that weekend - says it all about organisation & TV power. Still it beats the week before when I’m in Cardiff for 6 nations and one night stay in Cardiff hotel is 1k - stopping in Newport where its 75% cheaper for 2 nights - rip off Britain