Next seasons season ticket

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ellie
Tiger Cub

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by Ellie »

I am new to the forum but a long standing season ticket holder.

I am replying to bendys post about Cat 4 increases (apologies I do not know how to respond to a specific post) - I am also a Cat 4 - looking at last years email from Andrea I was paying £340 for the men’s ST (on monthly DD) now my Cat 4 is £425 so that’s a 25% increase by my calculation.

I travel with others to the games and due to mobility issues of some of those we have a car park pass which we share the cost of, currently waiting to see if all are going to get a ST for next season. I also got the women’s ST and have attended a few games so still waiting to see what that offering is.
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Price where I sit (DL1) is now £820 ! Whats worse is that there is no discount for over 65s in Cat1 seats :smt009
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

sapajo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:29 pm Price where I sit (DL1) is now £820 ! Whats worse is that there is no discount for over 65s in Cat1 seats :smt009
Going on 15 home games that’s approximately £55 a game.
Does anyone have information as to how competitive a price that is compared to the best seats at other premiership grounds
Ellie
Tiger Cub

Post by Ellie »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:36 pm
sapajo wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:29 pm Price where I sit (DL1) is now £820 ! Whats worse is that there is no discount for over 65s in Cat1 seats :smt009
Going on 15 home games that’s approximately £55 a game.
Does anyone have information as to how competitive a price that is compared to the best seats at other premiership grounds
At Northampton Saints it’s £794 for the best seats (early bird price).
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

looking at last years pricing there wasn't a 65+ price, all tickets were priced the same so no change. I think you are also quoting the standard pricing if you purchase after May 7th - renewal 'Best Price' is £730 if purchased now or on auto renewal.

from pricing page notes: The Best Price window for supporters to renew or purchase their Season Ticket and save on Standard Pricing will be open from 10am on Monday, February 26 until 11.59pm on Sunday, March 31.

I do think the column headings could have been clearer between 'Best Price' and '24/25 Price'
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

WirralExile wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:14 am
ay2oh wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:02 am My season ticket has gone up to £475 think it was either £380 or £400 last season
From what I'm reading a £475 ticket is £420 if you buy before 31 March. Or am I misreading that?
Where does it say that . Can’t see an early bird price.
A2O
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

That actually is quite a competitive price, there are cheaper grounds but there are certainly more expensive.
I also am category 4, this is a big increase but we have not had an increase for a few years due in part to lockdown and there being no matches. My first thought was that this is too great an uplift but last year I paid the surcharge for the Women's team as my gesture of support with little intention of going to matches as I am.often at men's team away fixtures so cut the £36.00 surcharge and my Season Ticket increase does not seem so great. Ironically I doubt I will be going to many away games as single purchase ticket prices have become prohibitive. I think rugby could learn from football where prices are capped for visiting fans.
Newcastle top price early bird tickets £560.00 regular price £650. They do give concessions for seniors and younger fans.
Last edited by johnthegriff on Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:09 pm
ay2oh wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:02 am My season ticket has gone up to £475 think it was either £380 or £400 last season
From what I'm reading a £475 ticket is £420 if you buy before 31 March. Or am I misreading that?
it is the 'Best Price' column. see the notes below the table: The Best Price window for supporters to renew or purchase their Season Ticket and save on Standard Pricing will be open from 10am on Monday, February 26 until 11.59pm on Sunday, March 31.
I'm fairly certain if you are already a ST holder and pay by DD it will auto renew at the 'Best Price' figure
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

TigerXV wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:15 pm

it is the 'Best Price' column. see the notes below the table: The Best Price window for supporters to renew or purchase their Season Ticket and save on Standard Pricing will be open from 10am on Monday, February 26 until 11.59pm on Sunday, March 31.
I'm fairly certain if you are already a ST holder and pay by DD it will auto renew at the 'Best Price' figure
are you referring to the link from the e-mail as I can’t see any reference to ‘Best price figure’.
A2O
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:29 pm
TigerXV wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:15 pm
are you referring to the link from the e-mail as I can’t see any reference to ‘Best price figure’.
I haven't got my email yet and am referring to the pricing on the this website: https://www.leicestertigers.com/tickets ... and-prices
thunderbirds

Post by thunderbirds »

I think that my cat 2 ticket has gone up from £480 to £540 if I renew early. Its a rise of about 12.5% which although high is sort of what I expected.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

At time of posting it's pushing 4:30pm and the new season tickets were launched at 10:00am today. I've still not received any email from the club confirming what next year is going to cost me - I know how much it is, I've checked on the website. How many season ticket holders have actually received an email with their renewal details? Communication over this has been shocking.
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
VernonAtrium

Post by VernonAtrium »

There's 20% off the designer shoes and boots in the club shop, at the moment.

You're just not looking at the bigger picture, lads.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:25 pm At time of posting it's pushing 4:30pm and the new season tickets were launched at 10:00am today. I've still not received any email from the club confirming what next year is going to cost me - I know how much it is, I've checked on the website. How many season ticket holders have actually received an email with their renewal details? Communication over this has been shocking.
It has been known for some emails to take a while to reach supporters. 12000 emails will take some time to work through the system......check your spam folder and if you have not heard anything by tomorrow, try giving the Ticket Office a call.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
LE18
Super User
Super User

Post by LE18 »

LeicesterImp wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:22 pm Looking on here and on social media, as a terrace dweller it appears I have been a lucky one with a 23% increase!!

I expected the worst following the email from Andrea with the list of excuses before the announcement which was good communication but followed swiftly by the poor communication of not contacting season ticket holders before the general announcement on social media.

I have just emailed the club to cancel my women's season ticket for the new season. Although I've not been able to attend the women's games this season I felt I could still support them by opting in for the ticket this season but with the increase on the men's I can't afford both. I'm sure I won't be the only one in this situation so the women's team will be the one that suffers.

Will be interesting to see the retention figures at the end of the early bird window.
Sadly that will be me and my wife too.