Next seasons season ticket

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by Rugbygramps »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:00 pm All I’m saying is like City fans and many other fans of clubs, there are many of us who will support our beloved club whether results are always good or the prices increase! In the early days we struggled to find the money for season tickets so decided to forgo an annual holiday!
Like everything it’s all about priorities and Tigers, I think, have been very fair with their pricing.
Unfortunately Ian you can be demeaning in your posts, I go to this ground, I’m mates with that groundsman.
Some fans including myself may prefer to watch the games on tv. Others may have medical reasons why they can’t attend, or geographic ones
In the current economic climate there are people who have to choose which bills they pay in order to keep their home or put food on the table. If that has passed you by then you are very fortunate.
It does not mean that Tigers is any less in their blood than yours
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

So today's the day. No email yet in my inbox!
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

Price rises are out. 23% increase on the terrace, going to £320 from £260. Seems 20% generally in the seats?

At £22 per game it's still a yes from me, but can we make rises smaller & more often then a once in a decade whopping rise going forward?
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!
ay2oh
Super User
Super User

Post by ay2oh »

My season ticket has gone up to £475 think it was either £380 or £400 last season
A2O
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

How many games is that for. 9 premiership, 3 European pool, and PRC ?
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Probably a yes from me but Mrs Daktari ,as a more casual fan, it will be a 'no'. it is quite a leap and mixed with turning up at least an hour before hand so she can see has pushed her out
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

ay2oh wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:02 am My season ticket has gone up to £475 think it was either £380 or £400 last season
From what I'm reading a £475 ticket is £420 if you buy before 31 March. Or am I misreading that?
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
ancientmariner

Post by ancientmariner »

26% increase for over-65s; I don't think so.
Ancient Mariner
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

I guess it is a tough call from the club and the supporters. The fans seem to be pushing for us to be competitive and spend up to the salary cap but also like that we are not owned by a sugar daddy. The club, on the other hand, cannot keep losing a million quid plus per season and so, quite simply, in our position, if we want to spend, ticket prices are going to go up as that is where our money comes from.

It is a tough call to make a time when people of struggling but I suppose the alternative would be to spend under the cap which, in turn, could start seeing the departure of our existing big names as well as an issue in recruitment.

Sadly this was not only inevitable, it was necessary.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

WirralExile wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:14 am
ay2oh wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:02 am My season ticket has gone up to £475 think it was either £380 or £400 last season
From what I'm reading a £475 ticket is £420 if you buy before 31 March. Or am I misreading that?
That's my understanding too.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

I think early bird discounts are a common tactic these days
GB72
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GB72 »

Rugbygramps wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:07 pm I think early bird discounts are a common tactic these days
They are, most festival or gig tickets as well as season tickets have an early bird discount
bendy

Post by bendy »

This is last season's pricing if that's useful for anyone.

My ticket has gone up by £40 (cat 4), which is 10% and pretty 'reasonable' all things considered I think.
LeicesterImp

Post by LeicesterImp »

Looking on here and on social media, as a terrace dweller it appears I have been a lucky one with a 23% increase!!

I expected the worst following the email from Andrea with the list of excuses before the announcement which was good communication but followed swiftly by the poor communication of not contacting season ticket holders before the general announcement on social media.

I have just emailed the club to cancel my women's season ticket for the new season. Although I've not been able to attend the women's games this season I felt I could still support them by opting in for the ticket this season but with the increase on the men's I can't afford both. I'm sure I won't be the only one in this situation so the women's team will be the one that suffers.

Will be interesting to see the retention figures at the end of the early bird window.
sk 88
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sk 88 »

bendy wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:19 pm Image

This is last season's pricing if that's useful for anyone.

My ticket has gone up by £40 (cat 4), which is 10% and pretty 'reasonable' all things considered I think.
Last season there was an early bird renewal that was significantly cheaper. I paid £260 for a terrace ticket, not £290.
Goooooodeeeeeyyyyy!