How to end kick tennis

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Re: How to end kick tennis

Post by Rugbygramps »

In fact there have been some tries where players well in front of the kicker have been put on side by a touched in flight. I think Harry Wells scored one off the back of something like that
mol2
Super User
Super User

Post by mol2 »

It’s the 5m rule/passing it that needs to change. Although I do feel a frustrating that an attempted charge down can put a player 40m up the field on side.
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:01 pm In fact there have been some tries where players well in front of the kicker have been put on side by a touched in flight. I think Harry Wells scored one off the back of something like that
I do remember one this season where one of our players was actively retreating and caught a touched in flight kick
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:17 am
Rugbygramps wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:01 pm In fact there have been some tries where players well in front of the kicker have been put on side by a touched in flight. I think Harry Wells scored one off the back of something like that
I do remember one this season where one of our players was actively retreating and caught a touched in flight kick
Matt Scott caught it and set up Harry Wells

https://twitter.com/rugbyontnt/status/1 ... bx6kQ&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Pellsey
Super User
Super User

Post by Pellsey »

GETHIN EXILE wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:17 am
Depending on which side you are on, this can make the game quite exciting! Very annoying though if you are on the wrong end of it!