Next seasons season ticket

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Is this an early sight at prices next season?

https://twitter.com/spkeene/status/1760 ... OrE_Q&s=19
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Scuttle
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Scuttle »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:10 am Playing devils advocate,did the club phone any ST holders on here and offer to pay any of your bills during the shutdown ,and other times when folk were struggling?
Ah but the devil is in the detail Scott, however well advocated.

I didn't provide any seats in my sitting room for players to sit in, or space in my garden for them to train in, or bathrooms to serve as changing rooms, or provide beer, food and associated facilities for them to consume, or indeed a phone for them to use. Ergo I wouldn't expect any such benevolent phone call or payment. However Tigers gave provided training facilities, a pitch, a bar, beer (or a close approximation to beer), food, changing rooms and phones and I do expect to have to pay for this one way or another, and a bit more if I can to help the club.
As Good As It Gets
GETHIN EXILE

Post by GETHIN EXILE »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:44 pm Is this an early sight at prices next season?

If the poster on X was an existing season ticket holder at the time did they get a 10% discount on the early bird price ?
Lutontiger

Post by Lutontiger »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:44 pm Is this an early sight at prices next season?

Looks a great bargain to me if so, but am Tigers til I die so would pay whatever Season ticket costs. 🐯🐯🐯
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Scuttle wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:03 pm
Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:10 am Playing devils advocate,did the club phone any ST holders on here and offer to pay any of your bills during the shutdown ,and other times when folk were struggling?
Ah but the devil is in the detail Scott, however well advocated.

I didn't provide any seats in my sitting room for players to sit in, or space in my garden for them to train in, or bathrooms to serve as changing rooms, or provide beer, food and associated facilities for them to consume, or indeed a phone for them to use. Ergo I wouldn't expect any such benevolent phone call or payment. However Tigers gave provided training facilities, a pitch, a bar, beer (or a close approximation to beer), food, changing rooms and phones and I do expect to have to pay for this one way or another, and a bit more if I can to help the club.
If people are happy to pay for all that while not being there then more power to them ,your comparison is way off too I’m afraid,posters are talking about paying for things they are not getting to support a multi million pound business so your analogy doesn’t work at all.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:19 pm If people are happy to pay for all that while not being there then more power to them ,your comparison is way off too I’m afraid ,posters are talking about paying for things they are not getting to support a multi million pound business so your analogy doesn’t work at all.
Ah, but it's more than a multi-million pound business to many of us. I don't suppose there would be many who would bail out a bank or a supermarket chain but Tigers is different. There is an emotional attachment that is strong and hard to break. In business courses, how to attract customers from rivals is a topic but it doesn't work in sport. Tigers, Saints, Bath are not like tins of tomatoes that are very price dependent.
In the cases of Wasps, Worcester and Irish, supporters have had to find new loyalties which, I guess, would have been hard for them.
If Saints rang you, Scott, and said we'll undercut Tigers ticket prices would you change allegiance? I wouldn't and I doubt many others here would. If you do not understand that, then I cannot help you.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
longlivethecrumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by longlivethecrumbie »

Old Hob wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:44 pm
Scott1 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:19 pm If people are happy to pay for all that while not being there then more power to them ,your comparison is way off too I’m afraid ,posters are talking about paying for things they are not getting to support a multi million pound business so your analogy doesn’t work at all.
If Saints rang you, Scott, and said we'll undercut Tigers ticket prices would you change allegiance? I wouldn't and I doubt many others here would.
NOT-A-CHANCE
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

longlivethecrumbie wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:06 pm
Old Hob wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:44 pm
If Saints rang you, Scott, and said we'll undercut Tigers ticket prices would you change allegiance? I wouldn't and I doubt many others here would.
NOT-A-CHANCE
A multimillion pound business that loses money for our entertainment.
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Seems no one can get a very simple point,I'll leave it at that gents.
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Like many of us I continue to support Tigers at most away games so I’m on the other Premiership Clubs’ emailing list. Our season ticket prices have been incredibly good value since COVID and having already seen some of the prices for other clubs for 24-25 I’m sure we will continue to be one of the “ best value “ in the league!
Off to Newcastle, Saints and Sale for the end of the season:£20 to stand at Newcastle is great value: if you want to get decent seats it’s £45.
Saints and Sale aren’t available but based on what I paid last season expect to pay about £28 to stand and £35-55 to find seats.
Bath and Exeter remain ridiculously high so expect their season tickets cost a lot more than ours. I’ve moaned before about these two clubs pricing so won’t go there again!
I love going to Quins but paid £38 to sit behind the posts in the corner part of the stand. Sarries is great: only paid £24 for a seat but stood! Standing if booked early was £20 though I think at one point it was £18.
Gloucester always has decent prices and season tickets too.
Like everything costs are going up so we as always will renew at Tigers: it’s either in your blood or not!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Ian Cant wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:42 pm Like many of us I continue to support Tigers at most away games so I’m on the other Premiership Clubs’ emailing list. Our season ticket prices have been incredibly good value since COVID and having already seen some of the prices for other clubs for 24-25 I’m sure we will continue to be one of the “ best value “ in the league!
Off to Newcastle, Saints and Sale for the end of the season:£20 to stand at Newcastle is great value: if you want to get decent seats it’s £45.
Saints and Sale aren’t available but based on what I paid last season expect to pay about £28 to stand and £35-55 to find seats.
Bath and Exeter remain ridiculously high so expect their season tickets cost a lot more than ours. I’ve moaned before about these two clubs pricing so won’t go there again!
I love going to Quins but paid £38 to sit behind the posts in the corner part of the stand. Sarries is great: only paid £24 for a seat but stood! Standing if booked early was £20 though I think at one point it was £18.
Gloucester always has decent prices and season tickets too.
Like everything costs are going up so we as always will renew at Tigers: it’s either in your blood or not!
So if you genuinely can’t afford it and can’t go for whatever reason then it’s not in your blood?! Awful attitude to have
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

On that basis Tigers can't have any supporters outside of the UK or any more than about 20k.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:11 pm On that basis Tigers can't have any supporters outside of the UK or any more than about 20k.
Haha,I didn’t think of it that way! Can’t be in their blood then :smt005
sapajo
Super User
Super User

Post by sapajo »

Blood does not pay for a season ticket even if Tigers are in "your blood"
Without hope we are nothing, keep the faith, a Tiger for eternity
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

All I’m saying is like City fans and many other fans of clubs, there are many of us who will support our beloved club whether results are always good or the prices increase! In the early days we struggled to find the money for season tickets so decided to forgo an annual holiday!
Like everything it’s all about priorities and Tigers, I think, have been very fair with their pricing.