Next seasons season ticket

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Re: Next seasons season ticket

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Mo Leicester wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:33 pm I’d need more information.
Keeping the price the same for fewer games is not something that should be celebrated.
Are we considering taking Saudi money? If so, I would have to consider not renewing on moral grounds (my choice - many will disagree).
If a price increase keeps the Saudis out - I would pay without hesitation.
I would be very disappointed if we get a large increase and then find we still have them onboard.
It seems the Falcons are the most likely destination of the Saudi money at the moment I believe.
Used to run around with an 11, 14 or 15 on my back.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:25 am
Keeping the price the same for fewer games is not something that should be celebrated.
Are we considering taking Saudi money? If so, I would have to consider not renewing on moral grounds (my choice - many will disagree).
I would be very disappointed if we get a large increase and then find we still have them onboard.
It seems the Falcons are the most likely destination of the Saudi money at the moment I believe.
Not very up on my football finances but wasn’t there Saudi Interest when the Sports Direct guy was involved with Newcastle United
TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

Rugbygramps wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:35 am
TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:25 am
Not very up on my football finances but wasn’t there Saudi Interest when the Sports Direct guy was involved with Newcastle United
Saudi money owns Newcastle United...

There are also pictures on social media of top execs at Falcons in Saudi Arabia (that have since been removed by the person who put it up)

See here

https://twitter.com/RugbyInsideLine/sta ... pijag&s=19
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Playing devils advocate,did the club phone any ST holders on here and offer to pay any of your bills during the shutdown ,and other times when folk were struggling?
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
Tiglon
Super User
Super User

Post by Tiglon »

Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:10 am Playing devils advocate,did the club phone any ST holders on here and offer to pay any of your bills during the shutdown ,and other times when folk were struggling?
Person gets enjoyment from watching Tigers. Person wants Tigers to survive. Person acts generously and pays more than they have to. Doesn't sound crazy to me.

No one is saying you, or anyone else, should have done this.

Life doesn't have to be consumed by a constant desire to give as little to anyone else as you can possibly get away with.
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

The letter from Andrea mentions "...associated costs to operate Mattioli Woods Welford Road, Oval Park and Oaks Park". I know 2 out of those 3, but no idea where Oaks Park is or what happens there.
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

TigerFeetSteve
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerFeetSteve »

WirralExile wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:48 am The letter from Andrea mentions "...associated costs to operate Mattioli Woods Welford Road, Oval Park and Oaks Park". I know 2 out of those 3, but no idea where Oaks Park is or what happens there.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ch ... astructure

It's the training centre for the women's team from what this says...
WirralExile
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WirralExile »

TigerFeetSteve wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:57 am
WirralExile wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:48 am The letter from Andrea mentions "...associated costs to operate Mattioli Woods Welford Road, Oval Park and Oaks Park". I know 2 out of those 3, but no idea where Oaks Park is or what happens there.
https://www.leicestertigers.com/news/ch ... astructure

It's the training centre for the women's team from what this says...
Thanks Both
Wirral Exile
Same birthplace as Oz, but not quite as lippy!
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

Oaks Park I believe was a 75 k.investment plus costs for adapting it to our purposes. The timing like the entry.of our Women's team to the top level was probably not financially ideal but at the same time the opportunities had to be seized as Women's Rugby was reorganised and Oaks Park would not have remained vacant for long. Hopefully.in time attendances at women's games will justify the investment and it will not impact on the finances of the men's team for long.
jgriffin
Super User
Super User

Post by jgriffin »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:18 am
Scott1 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:10 am Playing devils advocate,did the club phone any ST holders on here and offer to pay any of your bills during the shutdown ,and other times when folk were struggling?
Person gets enjoyment from watching Tigers. Person wants Tigers to survive. Person acts generously and pays more than they have to. Doesn't sound crazy to me.

Life doesn't have to be consumed by a constant desire to give as little to anyone else as you can possibly get away with.
I paid for a season ticket that I hardly used, but was happy to leave the money in the club. I guess my moral compass is either spot on or wildly defective, depending on your view of what life is about. :smt025
Leicester Tigers 1995-
Nottingham 1995-2000
Swansea (Whites) 1988-95
A game played on grass in the open air by teams of XV.
Rugbygramps
Super User
Super User

Post by Rugbygramps »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:18 am Oaks Park I believe was a 75 k.investment plus costs for adapting it to our purposes. The timing like the entry.of our Women's team to the top level was probably not financially ideal but at the same time the opportunities had to be seized as Women's Rugby was reorganised and Oaks Park would not have remained vacant for long. Hopefully.in time attendances at women's games will justify the investment and it will not impact on the finances of the men's team for long.
TBH I didn’t know Oadby Town had moved I don’t go to that side of town any longer
Scott1
Super User
Super User

Post by Scott1 »

Tiglon wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:18 am

Do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing
"Rugby isn't a contact sport,ballroom dancing is a contact sport. Rugby is a collision sport" Heyneke Meyer
TigerXV

Post by TigerXV »

johnthegriff wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:18 am Oaks Park I believe was a 75 k.investment plus costs for adapting it to our purposes. The timing like the entry.of our Women's team to the top level was probably not financially ideal but at the same time the opportunities had to be seized as Women's Rugby was reorganised and Oaks Park would not have remained vacant for long. Hopefully.in time attendances at women's games will justify the investment and it will not impact on the finances of the men's team for long.
I'm sure I read AP say that the women's team would have no impact at all on the men's team funding/finances and is run separately to the men's team albeit within the same company - hence the ST payments this year being kept separate to the mens and taken as two different DD's (and even more separation next year it would seem).
johnthegriff
Super User
Super User

Post by johnthegriff »

There is but one Leicester Football Cub PLC. However the expenses and income are split within the company the overall.profit or loss hits the same pocket.. I am sure there is some outside separate funding to promote the Women's game and also separate sponsorship, it is probably right that a club of Tigers standing promote women's rugby, in time it could lead to more profitable use of the asset that is our Welford Rd ground, currently there are not enough Premiership games the more times we get bums on seats the better for the business.